UDK.exe crash on start up (does work when opened 2times)

• Hey,

well, actually, its kinda the same most people have. Everytime I start the game through Steam, it just won’t start. I get the loading banner, the window of the game minimizes to its minimum and I have to shut it down via task manager.

But luckily I have found a way how I can start and play it (only for one hour or so, then I got the crash Ingame). I start the game normaly. It won’t start now - but I can right click on the games icon in my taskbar and select “UDK”. So actually it starts a second time, but this time it works. The only problem I have with that, is, the options are not saving (when I change the graphis e.g.) and the ingame crash after one hour. I can see servers and I can join, so no problem with that.

I nearly tried everything out by now - restarting steam, setting it to beta, redownloading and installing the game, verifying the cache, running in window mode etc… the game does work, but not on the first time (which is very weird tbh.)

my specs are: win 7 32 bit, intel 2,6ghz duo core E6750, 3gb ram, and geforce gt8800GTS.

i attached the logfiles.

Hope anybody can help me… If not - is there anyway to get my money back from steam? Because its kinda annoying that I can’t play something (well the game does work on my pc, also runs very fluid and nice) like it should be used to play…

greez,
    Wowa

• Nevermind. I can’t start it twice without working anymore… gosh that game seems so random. :/

• I experienced the exact same issue. :/
    Granting administrator privilege to Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe (under Properties/Compatibility tab) solved the issue for me.
    Hope it helps…

• Hey man, I’m gonna check that out. I just tried the game on the same system on Win XP 32 Bit, and it works just fine!

Edit: Doesn’t work for me… I’m thinking about to reinstall Win7… But I’m not sure yet. I mean my PC can handle it and it worked fine on a new WinXP Installation… hmm…

• same here.
    Spec:
    cpu i7 4.0ghz
    MB: DFI LanParty UTX58-T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB G.skill RipJaws
    SSD: 2x RAID 0 Samsung MZ-7PC 256GB
    GPU: HIS Radeon 6970 2GB IceQ X Turbo
    PSU: Enermax Platimax 850W
    Sound: AUZEN X-Fi HomeTheater HD

All of my friends have the same issue - I can’t even start the game now ;/ It crashes after refreshing the server list.

• Developer

Not the same issue, NUCLEAR. The server browser refresh crash is known and a fix will be included in the hotfix patch (we’re aiming for a weekend release for it). Does the server browser also crash if you don’t click Refresh?

@Wowa:

Hey man, I’m gonna check that out. I just tried the game on the same system on Win XP 32 Bit, and it works just fine!

Edit: Doesn’t work for me… I’m thinking about to reinstall Win7… But I’m not sure yet. I mean my PC can handle it and it worked fine on a new WinXP Installation… hmm…

Are there any .dmp files in the log directory that you can post? Alternatively, can you try posting another log? That log cuts off before it displays anything helpful.

• I have exactly the same Problem !
    With Windows 7 64 Bit.
    :(

• Hey,

I’ve tried everything out by now… I just go with WinXP for now and I’m all good. Only need to fix that server issues, but at least the game starts now…

• Oh thank god the server refresh crash is aware to you guys, its crashed 5x now, I’m just trying to get into a damn game lol.

• i deleted the Chivalry Medieval Warfare folder in my games, now it works. BUt i am sure it will happen again :D

• This game is fucking kidding me. After playing a few rounds and playing with the settings I shut it down for one hour. Now I wanted to play another round - and look there - IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE. WTF?!

How is this even possible? Its a brand new system, fresh windows and updates installation, new drivers and everything from netframework to direct x is new installed… and it just stopped working. You better bring out a god damn hotfix… I was never pissed so off badly… So sorry, but it just makes me raging so hard… Trying to get this game working for about 3 days straight by now, and everything I do just works for 1-2 hours. I payed 22€ for this…

• Developer

@CrustaceanSoup:

Are there any .dmp files in the log directory that you can post? Alternatively, can you try posting another log? That log cuts off before it displays anything helpful.

• No dmp files, and my logs are always the same (deleted the folder like 20 times by now and its still the same).

• I have this same issue now. Does not seem to have any cause for it, and is completely random.

Crap…

• Hey at least you guys got to play the game once, I have this issue and haven’t even been able to see the splash screen. I’ve never seen a .dmp file.

Is anyone looking into this issue? I thought it was just me and my old windows XP that was causing it, but apparently its a lot of people, and someone above seems to have made XP work.

• Yeah… Well like I said - I reinstalled Windows XP with all its drivers and updates and it worked fine for like 2 matches. After I quit the game, the same issue appeared… it just won’t start. Don’t see any sense in this error tbh.

• yep it’s official - I can’t play the game anymore
    waste of my money

• this really is a joke i bought this game on thursday and haven’t been able to get past the torn banner loading screen so haven’t even got to play it once i posted in other parts of the support forum and no one has bothered to reply to it….have tried all the fixes and none of them work so far

• i cant play, it crashed alltimes. fuck!

• well i dont even see the menu i just have ablack screen and sound?

i think it could be win 7 64 bit problem!

but bloody irritating!

get it fixed or find the soloutin! cause £18 is alot of money to waste!