Blade Symphony

• http://www.moddb.com/mods/bladesymphony

has anyone given this a play yet? Looks good I reckon, wondering how it actually plays out though.

• Well, since it’s from the same folks who made Dystopia, I’ll bet it’s pretty awesome.

• Yeah, I played the beta when it was a mod.

Now it’s gone full on Retail.

And it’s INCREDIBLE.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225600/

[youtubehd:3eqv77g5]PUzgJTQVI98[/youtubehd:3eqv77g5]

And people said Source “Couldn’t do fun melee” This, on top of Zeno Clash, and several other games, prove that sentiment wrong.

Jack Baldy is in this game. I just lost to him… 50 - 0.

• ._. o.o 0.0 O.O

That was my face while watching the video. I need this game right now

• I tried for two hours.

I could not beat Jack Baldy. That man…is insane at melee games. It’s almost not fair.

Next guy I fought I won 9, lost 2. While I am new, Baldy is just wow…

• I bought this when i heard jack/jest/X migrated over to it.

Great game, its like chivalry X streetfighter

Very challenging, very rewarding, entirely skill based. I do a few duels in it when i need a break from chiv.

@milk

Evidently jack is the second best in the world right now

http://www.blade-symphony.com/ladder

(like that ladder system isn’t the coolest thing ever!)

From looking at the wins/losses of the top few players, it seems like knight katana / ryoku katana are OP atm, and foil is really good for fights against people of intermediate skill.

Jest is up on that ladder too, idk much about jack, he exploited in chiv a lot, but i know jest has inhumanly fast reaction times.

• The #1 guy is actually a stat padder. You go onto their forums and find out that his friends let them kill them alot to get his rank.

Pretty obvious when you see he has almost 3x as many Wins as JackBaldy. No one is THAT good.

Yeah, I know he’s #2…he is to good lol.

50x - no wins.

• @Mkilbride:

The #1 guy is actually a stat padder. You go onto their forums and find out that his friends let them kill them alot to get his rank.

Pretty obvious when you see he has almost 3x as many Wins as JackBaldy. No one is THAT good.

Yeah, I know he’s #2…he is to good lol.

50x - no wins.

V5XvAUaYxhk

Stat padding?

• What was the hype with Baldy anyways? He used the combo-feint bug with 1hs and a shield a lot when I fought him… after the patch that sort of fixed that he went 2h sword, we had a few spars… he was good but not godlike. Maybe it was odd migrating over to a two hander though.

Blade Symphony looks… interesting. I especially love that there’s a ladder setup.

• I just thought you guys might be interested in this if you guys were ever at all interested in duels in Chivalry. I played this game way back when it was just a mod and it was really cool, felt a bit like a fighting game. Its main inspiration was the dueling scene in the Jedi Knight series. And needless to say it had way more depth than Chivalry. Hmm all good 1v1 fighting games seem to be in TPV, coincidence?

Now it has become its own retail game, and the beta is on the steam summer sale, check it out: [youtubehd:31eodpxc]tL91WBFkflw[/youtubehd:31eodpxc]

• Played it half a year ago together with cptdno. We both are Jedi Knight - veterans and since it was advertised as a game with a combat similar to JK2 we gave it a try.
    It was quite boring though, the combat in JK2/JKA is on a completely different level tbh.
    Also the animations were strange (even more strange than in Chivalry) and hard to read.

• I was going to buy this over the summer sale, but it appears to have virtually no players. Real shame :(

• @afiNity:

Played it half a year ago together with cptdno. We both are Jedi Knight - veterans and since it was advertised as a game with a combat similar to JK2 we gave it a try.
    It was quite boring though, the combat in JK2/JKA is on a completely different level tbh.
    Also the animations were strange (even more strange than in Chivalry) and hard to read.

I agree. From watching the videos, the animations really put me off.

• It’s more the ping problems than any animations problems. Things are pretty smooth, but don’t try to play with higher than 80 ping. Balance is still pretty haphazard as well, currently air attacks have priority over everything else and the fastest class has an air combo that can take about 80% of your health bar, so… I think you see where I am going with that =p

Still a cool game, I would buy it again even knowing what I do now.

• @SlyGoat:

I was going to buy this over the summer sale, but it appears to have virtually no players. Real shame :(

lol? For me always atleast 1 duel server on, and there’s the FFA School of War server with unranked duels and also instructors teaching stuff.

And to the guy who was talking about the weird animations, yeh the hitboxes are strange and maybe purposefully so, but in anycase its not as big of a deal as in a game like Chivalry, as you can actually see the hitboxes because its in TPV. Arrrr FPV being the competitive standard in a game with weird ass animations is just soooo… durrr

• @Daiyuki:

It’s more the ping problems than any animations problems. Things are pretty smooth, but don’t try to play with higher than 80 ping. Balance is still pretty haphazard as well, currently air attacks have priority over everything else and the fastest class has an air combo that can take about 80% of your health bar, so… I think you see where I am going with that =p

Um in this current patch knight destroys with his ground balanced attacks, almost all top players are knight, Ryoko is a noob stomper.

Also air attacks only beat heavy attacks, they are beaten by all other attacks, so I just spam fast attacks at ppl flying around. So, basically, L2P.

• @theuprising:

@Daiyuki:

It’s more the ping problems than any animations problems. Things are pretty smooth, but don’t try to play with higher than 80 ping. Balance is still pretty haphazard as well, currently air attacks have priority over everything else and the fastest class has an air combo that can take about 80% of your health bar, so… I think you see where I am going with that =p

Um in this current patch knight destroys with his ground balanced attacks, almost all top players are knight, Ryoko is a noob stomper.

Also air attacks only beat heavy attacks, they are beaten by all other attacks, so I just spam fast attacks at ppl flying around. So, basically, L2P.

Oh I see, you’re one of those that complains about balanced right slashes eh? Lol.