More weapons for all classes ?

• Is it possible to add some more weapons to all classes ?

1. Throwing Axes for all classes.
    2. Throwing knifess for all classes.
    3. Warhammer for all melee classes.
      Some 2H weapons not maybe not polearms but:
    4. Double Axe for all melee classes.
    5. 2H swords for all melee classes.
      And many others - why vanguard can’t fight with dagger as his secondary weapon ? Please try to make more weapons available for all the classes - why armor type should restrict weapon usage ?
      There is a lot of fine weapons in the game - but playing one class (which is commonly the case) you lose a lot of them - is it impossible to balance the weapons and classes separately ?

• We need spears for knights too. It was common to see knights with spears and shields.

• Yeah, I think we just need more crossover and sharing of weapons between classes. I don’t think it’d kill their uniqueness too much, since they’d still maintain a lot of inherent differences. Like movement options, armor/health levels, and big bulk differences in equipment options (bows, 2H, shields).

So basically it’d be nice if Vanguards and Knights could use all the same 2H weapons (including longsword and war hammer, even though they’re sorta 1-handed), and all classes could use the same 1H and throwing weapons.

• I am quite sure this would ruin the balance of the game:
    I.E the vangaurd as powerful weapons but has no protections against arrows
    but if the knight has a spear and a shield, he can shut switch to his secondary+shield to avoid arrows andthen switch to the spear to kill the archer at a good distance

Do you really see a MaA dodging with a two handed sword and then attacking? That would be OP
    Also i think that as a man at arms, you could use the throwing hatchets in close combat: you dodge then launch when your ennemy can’t move and since the hatchets two shots archer, MaA, and vanguards(i think) that would also be OP

If they wanted to balance every weapons if everyone had them, this would make certain weapons completely not viable to certain classes.

What you are proposing would also reduce the uniqueness of each class.
    So it’s a no for me.

• I would love to agree with you guys on this, but noo. This would totally break the balance and not make any classes have a unique weapon of choice. Can’t imagine a Man-At Arms with a throwing axe. Though this would be a great opportunity for mods. Can’t wait till I see a Side-stepping Man-At Arms with a maul.

I remember back in the alpha testing, that’s when you basically had the charge attack and side-steps on ALL classes, it was pretty fun to side-step with the old chunky greataxe, or performing charge attacks.

Good ol’ alpha days. ?

• I would not like crossover of weapons, but would love more unique weapons per class!

• Yay for Flails!

• More weapons are definitely coming. Flails are confirmed; sling and quarterstaff are rumored; Tibbs has confirmed they already have several others planned.

• @Karam:

Do you really see a MaA dodging with a two handed sword and then attacking?

Considering the fact that I didn’t even remotely suggest that a MAA be able to use vanguard/knight primary weapons, no I don’t see that at all.

@Karam:

I.E the vangaurd as powerful weapons but has no protections against arrows
    but if the knight has a spear and a shield, he can shut switch to his secondary+shield to avoid arrows andthen switch to the spear to kill the archer at a good distance

As a guy who plays knight and vanguard, I’d say that the best defense against arrows is to just move around erratically, not a shield. If you hold your shield up you can’t sprint, making it easy for the archer to just get away. Or can you sprint with a shield up? I never tried, now that I think of it.

Also if a Knight gets in polearm range of an archer, the archer is in big trouble even if the Knight doesn’t actually have a polearm, since even their current weapons have more reach than anything an archer has. Archers really aren’t designed to win that kind of a close range fight most of the time.

That said: if shields are actually magical walls of immunity vs arrows, that’s kinda messed up. Archers should be able to take shots at areas not covered by shields, like the legs.

I’m not sure what the big deal is about giving other classes throwing axes. Sure they’re stronger, but you only get two. Also giving other classes some variable options on the “grenades” would be nice too.

• Oooh, can’t wait for the sling. Although would it have high ammunition capacity or unlimited amount of ammunition? considering you use rocks that you can find on the ground along with the sling, It should also have a ammunition alternative with rocks and perhaps steel balls?

• @wildwulfy:

Oooh, can’t wait for the sling. Although would it have high ammunition capacity or unlimited amount of ammunition? considering you use rocks that you can find on the ground along with the sling, It should also have a ammunition alternative with rocks and perhaps steel balls?

That would be interesting - unlimited ammo with primary fire, special ammo with secondary? Multiple choices for special ammo even?

• Maybe you can throw things like fire pots a lot faster/farther. That would be cool.