So About That Fisting ; )

• So is there something about ‘punching women’ that makes this impossible, or is there any legit reason for not having unarmed combat?

Some of my best moments in Chiv are gangbanging people with fists or 1v1ing someone whose using a weapon but only using fists and humiliating them.

• Also is this still a move?

0_1465196427553_tmp_11321-1465195892898-731881794.png

• Developer

With every class and every ability having unique animations fists were one of the things we never really planned for, with weapon switching not being a thing there wasn’t really a place for it either. We do have punching and kicking abilities but they’re way too useful and definitely don’t have the charm of using fists in Chivalry.

It was put into Chivalry at the very last minute and it wouldn’t break Mirage so perhaps we could do it one day. This video was made the day before it was uploaded, 12th of october, as we had just put fists into the game.

We released the game 4 days later, madness!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aLwSp0ovyk

• Fair enough! Fists indeed may not fit very well in mirage, although I see fist combat as one of Torn Banner’s signatures, like real-time swings.

In the recent gameplay videos for example, every time I see an Alchemancer get cornered he just gets completely cut down hilariously with no chance. It would be funny if the Alchemancer could swap to fists and try to punch his way out of it.

• @Vesros said in So About That Fisting ; ):

or, with weapon switching not being a thing there wasn’t really a place for it either.

What do the 1 2 3 4 keys do then?

• @Skindiacus It removes various articles of clothing