Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 47 BETA

• Developer

A new patch is available for testing in the “Patch Testing for Chivalry” app in Steam.

Unleash the Vypress Sabre in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - a crossover weapon from Torn Banner Studios’ upcoming multiplayer magic & melee FPS Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

Join the Mirage Steam Community to unlock this brand new weapon in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, available as a replacement for the Sabre.

Also in this patch, a freshly baked batch of community-created weapons and armor:

Round 10

• Deer Hunter, a replacement for the Light Crossbow by Zelfit
    • Gefjon, a replacement for the Dane Axe by GummiEnte
    • Adeptus Malleum, a replacement for the Polehammer by Oilystool
    • Heavyhead Polehammer, a replacement for the Polehammer by Julio
    • Royal Cock, a replacement for the Zweihander by Frank the Fish
    • Kingmaker, a replacement for the Greatsword by PXL
    • White Wolf, a replacement for the Sword of War by Prime8
    • Golden Age, a replacement for the Poleaxe by Es’Kophan and Pernach

Round 11

• Victory Shortsword, a replacement for the Shortsword by Julio
    • Leper, a Mason Man-at-Arms helm by LSM
    • Blood Iron, a replacement for the Brandistock by Oilystool
    • Flesh Divider, a replacement for the Fork by Pernach and tayou.natsume
    • The Margrave, a replacement for the Greatsword by 300 Babies
    • Beekeepers Jousting Helm, an Agatha Knight helm by Oilystool
    • Painted Patriot, a Mason Knight helm by Frank the Fish
    • Revenant, a replacement for the Sword of War by PXL

Round 12

• Nobleman’s Toy, a replacement for the Thrusting Dagger by GummiEnte
    • Oakeshott XII Broadsword, a replacement for the Broadsword by 300 Babies
    • Shaver, a replacement for the Throwing Axe by Pernach and tayou.natsume
    • Decorated Lancer Helmet, an Agatha Vanguard helm by Frank the Fish
    • Iron Splitter, a replacement for the Double Axe by Rock It
    • Arbiter, a replacement for the Longsword by PXL
    • Grunt Set, a replacement for the Warhammer by Oilystool
    • Prunkmesser, a replacement for the Messer by 300 Babies

(Rounds 11 & 12 to be patched officially at later dates)

This patch also addresses the following fixes.

Changes

Gameplay

• Miscellaneous exploit fixes
    • Various config file exploits fixed (e.g. removing foliage)
    • Tournament Mode; only admins can unpause a paused match

Maps/Levels

• Added AOCFFA-DrunkenBazaar-CM_p - a new FFA map in the final library area of Drunken Bazaar
      there was one stair mesh with bad lightmaps which is all over hillside
    • Cove spawn point access blockering, some were quite easy to get into from the outside. Also some blocking volumes added to prevent a map exploit where players could get inside buildings they aren’t meant to.
    • Cove LTS - fully blocked off spawn point zones
    • Castle Assault - added blockers to prevent you from reaching the gate to the king immediately. They are destroyed 10 seconds after the town objective completes.
    • King’s Garden, added blockers during the first stage to prevent you from reaching the gate to the king, preventing attackers from camping the gate before the ram objective is complete to make it more fair to defenders
    • Citadel: disabled collision on ash particle and instead added weather volumes to interior spaces to turn off the ash
    • Forest: set lightshaft meshes and fireflies to medium detail up from low (will not show up on low detail now). Set fixed bounds on fireflies particle system.

Misc.

• fixed normal map on Cold Spectre Greatsword
    • Fix crash when downloading workshop files if using -nomovie
    • added new UGC rounds 10,11 and 12!
    • added Vypress Sabre… must be a member of Mirage Steam Community

• Could you please fix the bug that the king on Coldfront has unlimited respawns?

• you can remove foliage in-game so it’s not really a config file exploit.

• @INerevar it’s not a bug :/

• @INerevar Fixed, but got missed in the notes.

• Was really hoping you guys added the Farms to Arms set for the Mason/Agatha archer, shame. Still happy with the Beekeepers helm though!

• Is there any E.T.A when this patch will go live?

• @Rezqual 2020

• @Reithur Have u guys fixed the broken feint animation ini (hack) and will these exploit also be fixed in deadliest warrior?

And more inportant than anything has the floating hud marker been fixed? where the hud marker of a teammate stays static on ur screen, if needed I can provide a screenshot

Thanks!

• We just put up a new version of Patch Testing yesterday and we have a server up; feel free to jump onto Patch Testing and try out some .ini edits.

• @Reithur said in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 47 BETA:

We just put up a new version of Patch Testing yesterday and we have a server up; feel free to jump onto Patch Testing and try out some .ini edits.

Please, can you tell me if you foxed the stoneshill catapult bug in TO and if you fixed the italian translation according to this list: http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/21926/italian-translation/49 ? (it’s inside one of the latest posts, after it there are some DW translated files)

• We’ve found that the friend markers glitch is caused by a few different things and are fixing them as we track them down, so it doesn’t occur as frequently anymore. If it does, you can type reconnect into the console to rejoin the server.

We have not had an opportunity to track down the catapult glitch yet, though it is still on our list.

@Aragorn-Elessar97, your last round of translations wasn’t added to our bug database until you showed me here, so they’ll be fixed next patch.

We’ve found that the friend markers glitch is caused by a few different things and are fixing them as we track them down, so it doesn’t occur as frequently anymore. If it does, you can type reconnect into the console to rejoin the server.

We have not had an opportunity to track down the catapult glitch yet, though it is still on our list.

@Aragorn-Elessar97, your last round of translations wasn’t added to our bug database until you showed me here, so they’ll be fixed next patch.

thank you for the info and the support :) please keep an eye there because I think that next month the DW translation will be updated :)

• @Reithur the friend marker glitch happens randomly, it moves with you on the screen, maybe make an option to enable/disable them like with the hud?

also sometimes on TO the cata becomes invisible

• @Enigma I know the friend marker issue; it’s caused by multiple things. Hiding the friend markers can already be done within the game along with the rest of the HUD. If the friend markers didn’t glitch, they would be hidden instead of frozen. While this occurs less frequently than in the past, it can still happen.

We’ll try to take another look at it for next patch, as well as try to address the catapult glitch (that I mentioned in my last reply in this thread).

@Enigma I know the friend marker issue; it’s caused by multiple things. Hiding the friend markers can already be done within the game along with the rest of the HUD. If the friend markers didn’t glitch, they would be hidden instead of frozen. While this occurs less frequently than in the past, it can still happen.

We’ll try to take another look at it for next patch, as well as try to address the catapult glitch (that I mentioned in my last reply in this thread).

Also can anything be done about chat key bindings? People are spamming them by pressing the binding over and over again and it’s really annoying. They always do it when an admin isn’t around. They always use All Caps or type out taunts.

• Game just stays stuck on loading screen, I just can’t get further than keyboard command screen on mac…Apparently a lot of people got this issue! Please fix this or remove “mac compatible” because it really isn’t the case!