Types of players

• It’s going to be a long car ride so I thought I’d do some random stuff on the forums.

Here is my interpretation of the types of chiv players on console.

• The Pub star- the public match star is the type of player who only plays public match and usually they believe they are the best in the game because they never have fought real comp players, only newbs in TO lobbies. Many ofthem are high level but their skill is lacking. They typically use meta weapons such as Messer or claymore.

The troll- these are an especially annoying type of player that tries to get a laugh at the expense of others. They will often times go on opposite teams in an LTS lobby and make everyone wait the full 4 minutes before the end of every round. They also like to gank in FFA lobbies as well as ruining FFA duel lobbies. They will report any hate mail they get ro try and get you communication banned.

The try hard- these are a step up from pub stars. They are typically first in almost every game they join but aren’t very high in skill. They will try to win every match at all costs and if they are in a FFA duel lobby they are the people who run around and kill people who are healing. Almost all of them spam feint s but don’t know how to use any other tactics. They almost exclusively use the messer

The newb- New players to the game. Typically lack in skill.

The noob- different from the newb , these players aren’t new to the game but still aren’t good at it yet. They often times blame everything on their team mates even though they are the reason they lost. They don’t try to learn anything new about the game and instead do unskilled things to make others angry, whether it’s getting all of the closest trebuchets first so that the hardest one is last or whatever. They do very subtle unskilled things to make others angry. They make try hard and pub stars very angry.

Skill Nazi- these are comp players who want to create the masterrace in chivalry. They want to eliminate the hit trade meta at all costs and wish some weapons weren’t used the way they were because it results in unskilled play. Rather than the messer they would rather use the long sword to make a statement. I happen to fall into this category.

They gambler- these players gamble most of their swingswithout even knowing it sometimes. They tend to hit trade a lot by accident and almost never parry. Instead they keep swinging hoping that their opponent misses so they can hit them. They typically use veryhigh damage weapons and run in circles around you to bait hit trades.

Extreme skill nazi- these are people who go way beyond the regular skillnazi. They believe that hit trades and gambles shouldn’t exist like the regular skill nazi but go one step further and believe that drags, reverses and even feints are unskilled. They typically use VERY fast weapons so that they don’t get flinched as easy. An example would be the German guy.

Beyblader- these guys spin in circles and dish out crazy but unrealistic combos. They can be hard to read at times but when you and them aren’t feigning it creates very fun duels. They use swing manipulation that is very questionable and to some is seen as a big game exploit. I also happen to fall into this category.

The merc- these are players who could join a clan easily if they wanted to but don’t like the politics and instead choose to be a lone wolf. It is unknown why they don’t use their skill to be competitive but most will never understand.

The coward- these are MAA players who only run away, they tend to bait players into combos and almost never swing first, they run away and hope you chase them.

The sniper- a very rare breed, these players are one of a kind with only a few of them in existence on console chivalry. These are players who have figured out how to be good at archer.

Just here to have fun- these players are typically very good at the game but instead of crushing the other team they choose to use weapons no one really uses like the flail or the fork. They do this to balance the game for other players and they almost never rage at the game. They are very cool and collected.

The weirdo- these are comp players who use very odd weapons that no one else uses. They still do really good with them and because of the weapons rarity many people have no clue how to fight them. They use a variety of different weapons and will often switch to a new weapon every round.

The duel junkie- these are players who genuinely believe they are the best idealist but have never fought anyone that has been better than them yet. After you beat them they get humble very quickly

PC master race- these are players who believe solely because that they are from PC they are better than everyone else.

• More coming later ;)

• I’d fit in the last, except it’s the 2800+ hours of pc play/experience, playing against the most skilled players in the game, and a lack of real challenge that makes me think that. Only person to give a challenge? Harold, who also played on PC.

• I’m a mix of pub star/ fun , minus the meta weapons since I play MAA or Knight with a LS/Maul. Not a competitive player at all. Basically smoke a bunch of weed then see what happens from there(oh hey there No Home Planet!)

I’ll be closer to the top(rarely at the very top), but if I see a clan tag on a guy’s name I’m pretty much doomed.

• @bcbuddy And emotes. Gotta dance, get some dome, and play air-guitar.

• The stoner - gets high and plays the game for fun, usually has no idea what they are doing because they are high.

• @jessomaticz said in Types of players:

The stoner - gets high and plays the game for fun, usually has no idea what they are doing because they are high.

Figures that is your first post here

• @bcbuddy who are you? Have we met?

• I’d probably be the extreme skill nazi but without the skill laugh
    Jk

• Types of players continued:
    The wildcard: "I don’t even know what I’m doing"
    The hacker: Dynamic ping. Probably downloading multiple terabytes of pr0n via torrents. Leaves/rejoins the lobby multiple times.
    The hunchback: player who follows other players who are doing well in team based lobbies, typically getting the last swing on an opponent from behind.
    Special mention:
    The General: Cham Toreno. If you’re unsure what I’m referring to, play a few TO lobbies.

• I hate trolls

• This post is deleted!

• @Somervillage lel… Right

• Some more:

The game geek- the guy who knows every move in the game yet still sucks at it.

The fake game geek- the guy who thinks they know everything about the game and every little move but actually doesn’t. They will refuse any sort of help you try to offer them.

• @AK Are some of these directed at certain players? Lol they couldn’t be; could they?

• @jessomaticz said in Types of players:

@bcbuddy who are you? Have we met?

You haven’t heard of @bcbuddy?! Known to rock the cornrows, plays as MAA. I once heard he killed a man from across the map. With a pebble.

• @No-Home-Planet this is true! However it was not a pebble, but a swift air hump that also wiped out all of the filthy stoneshill peasants, and one dirty taunt that set all of their houses on fire. Dirty hobbyhorse mothers!

• @No-Home-Planet said in Types of players:

Types of players continued:
    The wildcard: "I don’t even know what I’m doing"
    The hacker: Dynamic ping. Probably downloading multiple terabytes of pr0n via torrents. Leaves/rejoins the lobby multiple times.
    The hunchback: player who follows other players who are doing well in team based lobbies, typically getting the last swing on an opponent from behind.
    Special mention:
    The General: Cham Toreno. If you’re unsure what I’m referring to, play a few TO lobbies.

With the number of good luck arrows shot at my feet I should be immortal by now.

• @bcbuddy A good troll can distract your teammates long enough for you to get some work done and not take team damage.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.