Rising clan numbers

• So I think that we have all seen the surge in clan activity and creation lately. I’m not sure if this is good or bad but from what I’ve seen so far there are way to many clan’s and way to little wars. Usually you see a new clan pop up and they almost immediately go to war with another clan but now it seems like all clan’s are good for is the title. Due to this inactivity you see many of these newer clan’s disbanding from the lack of activity. But this is not to say that the only reason that clan’s disband is due to inactivity, the main reason that we all left old-school behind was because of the lack of people due to there being so many new clan’s. My whole take away from this new age of chivalry is that the creation of new clan’s eventually just leads to the expansion of old ones l.

• @Xylo cool

• I’ve had a lot of members leave due to inactivity to join other clans, while others go back to being line wolves. I’m growing tired of the Stygian Blades crumbling around me. I’m tired of our record for Clan Wars, and I’m tired of my lazy attitude. Even if we lose the next 100 Clan Wars, I’m ready to throw down, especially after DA loss.

• @CharonOfTheStyx said in Rising clan numbers:

I’ve had a lot of members leave due to inactivity to join other clans, while others go back to being line wolves. I’m growing tired of the Stygian Blades crumbling around me. I’m tired of our record for Clan Wars, and I’m tired of my lazy attitude. Even if we lose the next 100 Clan Wars, I’m ready to throw down, especially after DA loss.

It’s sad cause I know exactly how you feel. My good members never stay long and I often find myself tired searching for players (that don’t completely suck). My second in Command already left. But that’s the way of chivalry.

Wanna duel now?

• Clans start and disband so quickly because a lot of the new leaders love the idea of running a clan until they realize that you actually have to put time and effort into your clan in order to keep your clan members interested. I’m not saying you have to no life the game in order to be active but players join clans to play on a regular basis not once or twice a month. I have a job and family and my clan practices every other night no matter what. All my guys don’t come to every practice and I don’t expect them to due to we all have real life stuff going on but they know that we will have practice every other day and that keeps them interested.

• Most of the players who leave there clan and ask to join SDS all usually tell me the same thing which is “I left my clan because they never do anything” When you don’t have wars or scrims set you have to do something to keep your players interested or they will leave to join a more active clan.

• There are real Clans, and toy ones. I get invited to join these unknowns and just for conversation I’ll ask, “Who’s the leader, how many wars have you fought, when do you practice” and too often the answer is "huh?"
    Being in a Clan takes some dedication, not to mention running one. Practice, battles, gotta commit to a regular schedule. That’s why I’m unaffiliated.
    Most of the little fly by night clans never even heard of this forum.

• @Gnarlydude totally agree, i have 18 guys in my clan and i run practices 4 times a week, i dont expect all of them to show every practice but its only the same 6-7 people that even partake, the rest are just in it for the wars or dont do anything, gonna start chopping them off cause i aint throwing you in a war no matter how good you are, gotta show to practice

• @Somervillage And strategies for Battle as well as melee skills. I got 90% of the opposition with the Catapult (twice in a row! That was SO awesome!) on “battering ram” because our team all worked together. Techniques like the shield wall and spear forest take practice, or you all just hit each other.

• Banned

I’ll be honest when I lead ATOM we almost never practiced, all I would do is send a message out to my 5 guys with a date and they would all be in party an hour before the war started to ‘warm up’. During the war we never really had a strat either, I told my guys " go positive or GTFO and remove you tag" it seemed to work like a charm.
    Really the most direction I gave was in what order we lined up for kendo.

And when we did practice, we played one game type, I called in kendo,

I had all members line up and had them come at me one at a time until I was dead, the winner would stay in the middle as I respawned and went to the back of the line, no regen.
    ^take notes that’s how your clan members will ‘get good’ it’s also very fun to play, I bet most clans will enjoy this game type. I hope that increases clan member participation.

• @ATOM–KYLE Yeah but you guys spent 80% of your Xbox time in party fighting each other so you didn’t need to have scheduled practices. You made up for not practicing with slot of random daytime play.

• @ATOM–KYLE and you guys exclusively played most of the time with each other and not any other players during the day more than most Clans play at all which in turn is basically practicing