Your playerbase consists of so many bad sports,

• Interesting what conclusion many people draw.

Looks like a lot of prejection is flying around. Looks like you people have way more problems with the community, otherwise you wouldn’t have mentioned, what you did. Grats to exposing yourselves.

I was NOT talking about anything people type, obviously.

As a lot of people seem to not know simple concepts and yet refuse to look them up, let me explain to you:

Sportsmanship typically is regarded as a component of morality in sport, composed of three related and perhaps overlapping concepts: fair play, sportsmanship and character.[6] Fair play refers to all participants having an equitable chance to pursue victory[7] and acting toward others in an honest, straightforward, and firm and dignified manner even when others do not play fairly. It includes respect for others, including team members, opponents, and officials.[8] Character refers to dispositions, values, and habits that determine the way that person normally responds to desires, fears, challenges, opportunities, failures, and successes, and is typically seen in polite behaviors toward others, such as helping an opponent up or [[hs believed to have a “good character” when those dispositions and habits reflect core ethical values.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsmanship

Yes I understand how incredibly hard it is to look up stuff, so I did it for you.

What I was talking about:

On duel servers, on FFA maps, where the server name and the name of the bloody game (hint: it’s Chivalry), where some people are really cool and don’t interrupt duels etc, some assholes (way too many) don’t do anything else than interrupting. If they see they would end up in a fair fight, they run.

ATM, there are about 60% of the players I met doing this.

In teamgames, I don’t care at all what they play or how they behave. People can type whatever they want in the chat, but doing NOTHING else than grieving, the whole time, actively and voluntarily ruining the game for the other people on servers, who - which I wouldn’t have - tried to POLITELY bring those a-holes to not interrupt duels. That’s just childish and destructive behaviour.

This happened on very small servers (under 10 or near to 10). If it’s on the big clusterfuck servers, I couldn’t care less.

And thx for all the answers, it just clearly showed the agressive behaviour that made the human race what it is today. Well done, gentlemen.

• Just ignore them, If they dont stop, Show them some true steel and remind them that they are a petty rat upon your gallant noble standards.

If they are a troll, They will shut-up eventually.

If they are genuinely raging, Keep killing them and they will flee out of anger in no-time.

• @Swarlos:

On duel servers, on FFA maps, where the server name and the name of the bloody game (hint: it’s Chivalry), where some people are really cool and don’t interrupt duels etc, some assholes (way too many) don’t do anything else than interrupting. If they see they would end up in a fair fight, they run.

Duels don’t have to be respected in a FFA map. The default expectation of Free-For-All is everyone trying to kill as many people as they can. I love it because it’s great practice for fighting, plus you can’t expect the other team to take you one-on-one, face-to-face in other game modes.

Until they get the Duel game type running, I recommend you look for servers labeled “Duel Server.” I just played one last night, and it was a blast. Sounds like the kind of game you’re looking for.

• @Swarlos:

I regret having bought the game.

Even AoC had a playerbase with atleast a faint of non-asshole behavior.

I noticed this in the beta and it’s the main reason I haven’t bought the full game. On top of the server browser not working and some hit reg issues.

• I was right when I contemplated on whether or not the original poster was a duel elitist. And indeed he is. :D

Yes I understand how incredibly hard it is to look up stuff, so I did it for you.

Trust me, the majority of people know what term sportsmanship means.

What I was talking about:

The name of the game is just the name of the game, nothing more. Also it’s not just Chivalry, it’s Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. It’s not called Boredom: Dueling Heaven.

In teamgames, I don’t care at all what they play or how they behave. People can type whatever they want in the chat, but doing NOTHING else than grieving, the whole time, actively and voluntarily ruining the game for the other people on servers, who - which I wouldn’t have - tried to POLITELY bring those a-holes to not interrupt duels. That’s just childish and destructive behaviour.

This happened on very small servers (under 10 or near to 10). If it’s on the big clusterfuck servers, I couldn’t care less.

You just contradicted yourself by saying that you don’t care first and then you complained about people interrupting your oh-so-precious duels. Interrupting a ‘duel’ is not childish nor does it constitute destructive behaviour nor does it make anyone an asshole. You think that in a real medieval battlefield everyone just took turns, fighting 1vs1?

Until there actually is a Duel gamemode, people like you should just stop complaining about your petty little duels. You belong to a very small minority in this game and you’ll not overthrow the majority in this issue, trust me.

If however we’d meet at a server and we are the last two alive, when you drop dead in front of me after a great duel, I will Z+4+5 you. That’s sportsmanship. 8-)

• @sadnhappy:

I will Z+4+5 you. That’s sportsmanship. 8-)

I dunno, I’ve noticed that Knights make a horrific gargling sound when you do that.

• @Janus3003:

@sadnhappy:

I will Z+4+5 you. That’s sportsmanship. 8-)

I dunno, I’ve noticed that Knights make a horrific gargling sound when you do that.

lol

• yeah ffa is about kill kill kill anyway possible! i dont try to be a ganking ninja all the time but yeah im just as guilty of doing it as anyone else and yes its annoying to beat down 4 or 5 people 1 after another to near death to have someone come in and steal the kill, then repeat by doing it to them over and over till i finally die. or it was annoying to get ganged on alot but then i realized that people are just jealous of my skills, ive been playing alot and getting good and when im playing seriously i usually win or if not im in the top 3 most all the time in ffa these days. im not trying to brag but thats how i see it because more often than not when im fighting with someone or a group of someones they seem to drop what they were doing and all go for me, its good practice and when i sometimes manage to take out more than one or the rare occasion all of them, its a good feeling. just practice and get good or if youre already good then its a compliment when people continually gun for you above others! oh and sometimes i trash talk in games or spout off the wall nonsense or pretend to be mean but im mostly joking or pretend complaining cuz everyone is so quiet and i can be chatty at times, so if you play with me and see me doing that, dont take it personally, just trying to have a good time!

• There are some dedicated duel servers, by the way. I’ve played on a few. Votekicks are swift to those who refuse to be gentlemen. Just search the list for them.

• Disagree with OP, I’ve played CS/CSS for the past 9 years, you have no idea what bad sports are. I’m yet to see anyone verbally abusive or even “bad sports” in the form of tking minus my real friend but he stopped fast aha.

Most people are actually really funny and theres a lot of team work and fun that goes in ingame even though theres no voice communication everyone still finds a way to have fun.

I’ve made 10+ new steam contacts from this game alone.

• honestly tk’s happen from peoples bloodthirsty thoughts of “gotta get a kill” than working as a team and making an honest mistake, personally i try to play it safe in a fight during team games, id rather my team mates live so we can still support one another in defending from another wave or whatever than kill 2-3 of my own team in my blood thirst to just “gotta get a kill” at all costs attitude. unfortunately most people dont subscribe to this, even on team games most are out for themselves, its just the nature of the beast and people say sorry but few really mean it, they say it cuz some people get vindictive and try to tk them back, so a little word of sorry will keep them clear lol.