6v6 Tournament and League Play Rules

• Summary

Format Rules

• 50% Class Rule
    • Single Fire pot limit

Map Selection

• The match will begin with a 6v6 Kendo. Projectiles and any throwable weapons are not allowed. Winner receives first map selection. After the first TO the other team gets their TO map choice and after that TO map the team that won the Kendo gets to choose an LTS map.
      (Map banning period will be debated later)

LTS Maps: Arena, Dark Forest Valley, Frigid, Hillside, Hillside Pyre, Moor, Ruins, Stoneshill Village and Throne Room

TO Maps: Battlegrounds, Dark Forest, Hillside, Outpost, Stoneshill

The tournament includes 1 Kendo, 2 TOs and 1 LTS. If a team wins both TO matches the other team technically cannot win but can choose whether or not to play the LTS or not.

Scoring and Winning Conditions

Scoring

• The Kendo decides map choice advantage in the LTS but does not count as a round win. The actual fight begins with the TOs first and then a tiebreaker on a LTS map which gets decided by the winner of the Kendos.

Winning Conditions

Dark Forest
    Objective 1 and 2: Push the cart further than the other team
    Objective 3: Have a faster completion time for 1 and 2
    Objective 4: Kill the most family members. If both teams killed the same amount then it is the amount of doors broken. If both teams broke the same amount of doors then it comes down to cumulative progress on all doors. Progress on all doors must be decisive. If they are roughly the same this will result in a tie.

Stoneshill
    Objective 1: Kill more peasants
    Objective 2: Push the cart further. If the cart gets to the door then it comes down progress on breaking
    Objective 3: Have the faster completion time for objectives 1 and 2

Hillside
    Objective 1: Burn the pyre until it is closer to objective completion than than the other team. Progress must be decisive.
    Objective 2: Destroy the most trebuchets. If the same amount were destroyed than it comes down to completion time for the 1st objective.
    Objective 3: Destroy the most ships. If the same amount are brokenness it comes down to completion time for objective 2, then 1.

Outpost
    Objective 1: Burn the most cumulative tents
    Objective 2: Push the cart further. If both carts are pushed an equal distance then then the previous objective time will be used. If both carts are pushed to the door, most damage done to the door will be used. Progress must be decisive.
    Objective 3: Capture the most of the base and kill the most chieftains cumulatively. Each chieftain is equivalent to one quarter of the base capture. For example, if one team captured a quarter of the base and killed 3 chieftains , they would beat a team that captured 75% of the base but didn’t kill any chieftains and would tie a team that killed all chieftains but made no base progress.

Battlegrounds
    Objective 1: Burn the most sections of the village.
    Objective 2: Push the cart further. If the carts are pushed the same distance then previous objective time will be used to determine winner.

Start Times

• the matches will be played at the schedules time. If the match starts later than expected due to issues not related to the readiness of the teams then the teams will be given a 5 minute Grace period to get ready.
    • If your team does not show up after 30 minutes of the start time then it will count as a forfeit after the 30 minutes is up.

Sportsmanship and Fair Play

• Execute good sportsmanship. No trolling. Don’t be a jerk.
    • Anyone caught glitching or hacking causes their team to forfeit.
    • Any player caught map glitching or exploiting will cause their team to forfeit the round.

Connection

• No player may have more than 200 Ping in an intercontinental clan match and no player may have more than 160 in a NA or EU match
    • In the event of a player having more than 200 or 160 Ping for an abnormally long amount of time they must either be substituted out (during a TO) or the lobby can wait on their ping to go back down (during Kendo or LTS)

Servers

• Server locations will be determined based on the teams participating.
    • In an intercontinental matchup between a EU and a NA team, the team that chooses the map to play on gets server choice but in the Kendo and LTS there will be an alternating host and the rounds will be tallied based on a round played on both teams server choice. In the event of a tie during a Kendo then the LTS will be played on Moor. If the teams tie the LTS then another alternating host LTS is played. This keeps happening until a team emerges victorious.

DISCLAIMER: These rules are not finished yet and are also not official yet. Please realize that anything written here is subject to possible changes in the future.

SPECIAL THANKS to Reithur for pointing me in the right direction and introducing me to Exile, a representative of MGA (Melee Gaming Association), who let me use their “Q2 North American 6v6 Heavy Rulebook” as an outline for what I needed to do with our ruleset. Reithur and Simon Exile were a very big help while making this ruleset and most of what is on it was originally in the “Q2 North American 6v6 Heavy Rulebook” so I would like to give much of the credit to MGA for having such a solid rulebook.

Thank you Reithur and Simon Exile

• If you have any suggestions, comments or I did something wrong please tell me. :)

Also it is not done yet so don’t cry

• Kinda played along these already, whenever a player hadnt spawned in on the enemy team i would tell one of my own to jump into the water

• Also very few will read all of this as i only made it to like 3 before i gave up lol might aswell name it “google terms and conditions” no time for that shit checks box

• We pretty much do all that already.
    I wouldn’t call it “A new revolution”. There’s nothing very revolutionary other than the fact that you took the time to write everything down. Good job though

• @General-Firefly said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

We pretty much do all that already.
    I wouldn’t call it “A new revolution”. There’s nothing very revolutionary other than the fact that you took the time to write everything down. Good job though

You must not have read the whole thing then.

• @AK said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@General-Firefly said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

We pretty much do all that already.

You must not have read the whole thing then.

6.1 - 3 Person Class rule (NOT FOR KENDO)
    No more than 3 people in a 5v5 or 6v6 can use the same class. That means that no more than 3 knights, vanguard, MAA or Archers can be on the same team at a time. This rule is set in place to create diversity in play style, weapon choice and team composition. This rule is null and void during Kendos.
    6.2 - NA vs EU rule
    In a Clan War between a NA clan and a EU clan to win the winner must win by 2 clan wars. On an alternating host this means that the winner must win at least once on the opposite clans host. This is so that the clan who gets to host first doesn’t get an advantage out of it.
    Disclaimer: This may result in Ties

• @AK This will also Eliminate massive messer mosh pits

• @SDS-NewAgeKnight said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@AK This will also Eliminate massive messer mosh pits

Exactly.

It will force clans to start using either a 3rd vanguard, a MAA or even an archer for once.

• The banning 3rd person thing, while laudable, is completely unenforceable, so kind of not worth having as a rule.

• @Naleaus not 3rd person view. He means no more then 3 knights aloud on the field for each team.

• @SDS-NewAgeKnight said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@Naleaus not 3rd person view. He means no more then 3 knights aloud on the field for each team.

No, there is an optional rule to ban 3rd person during clan wars if both clans agree.

• @AK lol no

• @AK said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@SDS-NewAgeKnight said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@AK This will also Eliminate massive messer mosh pits

Exactly.

It will force clans to start using either a 3rd vanguard, a MAA or even an archer for once.

"But, it’s the only weapon I’ve ever used since I unlocked it!"
    Don’t you get tired of seeing the same people in the same lobbies, with the same weapons, every single time? Jk, I feel bad seeing some RT messer spammers switch weapons and cry when they don’t get their 2-3 hit kills.

• @No-Home-Planet ya, lol

• @AK messer is EZ PZ imo. Anyone can trade their way to victory with it.

• @AK That’s not going to work because there is no way to prove it

• @AK its a good list, and I understand its not finished, but:

My question to that is what if you got people who are really good with knight weapons and the clan leader says: “no we can only have 3 knights” are you really going to regulate class and weapons just to eliminate messer moshpits? What if these players don’t use messers? If I got 5 really good knights that kick ass and I can only use 3 I’d be pissed.

As it pertains to weapon and viewpoint rules, people should be able to use whatever weapon they choose and whatever viewpoint. Why cripple the capabilities of each individual player? That’s no fun, and it might just cause friction between clan leaders and their players (Clan leaders forcing them to use certain weapons and classes.)

If I can’t use all my assets for victory, then I’m gonna decline a war. But this is just me.

Basically, I defend the right to bear messers/mauls :)

• I’m just gonna go with the flow. If everyone wants to do this, I’ll go along.

• @That-Chiv-Vet said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@SDS-NewAgeKnight said in Rules of War (A new evolution of Competitive Chivalry):

@Naleaus not 3rd person view. He means no more then 3 knights aloud on the field for each team.

@AK its an ok list, and I understand its not finished, but:

My question to that is what if you got people who are really good with knight weapons and the clan leader says: “no we can only have 3 knights” are you really going to cripple your own team’s fighting capability just to eliminate messer moshpits? What if these players don’t use messers?

If I got 5 really good knights that kick ass and I can only use 3 I’d be pissed–If I can’t use all my assets for victory, then I’m gonna say “fuck that” and decline a war basically.

Clans need to adapt. It makes the game look more skillful, it leads to more strategy. If people would realize how cancerous the meta truly is and work to slowly move away from it then our comp scene would rival that of the PC comp scene. If I’m correct they did this exact thing, make an attempt to move away from the meta and look what happened, you saw more of a variety of strategies and classes used. By doing this it would also distinguish clans who are diverse in their composition and reward clans who don’t just have 20 Messer knights. It might not make sense at first but it DOES. Also, not having 5 Messer knights and one vanguard which is the typical team comp will make people want to play the other classes more because there is now only 3 players that can potentially 2 or 1 shot them in a moshpit, thus creating more diversity amongst comp players and establishing a need to innovate.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record.