Problem with uploading items to workshop (Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam)

• Hello,

I’m very into Chivalry Medival Warfare, so I decide to try make a workshop item. I think I did everything exactly the same by following official weapon tutorial. But at the and I get an error in SDK:
    Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam.

I worked with Blender & Photoshop. I made WEP_ and SM_ version of my model amd I created 4 texture maps in required resolutions. Then I imported everything to Editor. Next I set material correctly. I have not encountered any problems then. I saved my package to .upk and tried to upload. And there is my problem :(

I’m sure that I’m choosing proper prewiev and .udk files. Steam is running in online mode. Could anyone help me fix that error?

• Steam is in the middle of the Summer Sale, so connections to it have been difficult to maintain.

You can;

• Retry uploading to the Workshop
    • Restarting Steam
    • Waiting until off-hours

• @Reithur
    Thanks for answer, but I tried upload a weapon last week (17th or smth), so it was long before SSS. In those days I restarted steam few times and I did Verify Integrity of Chivalry. So there isn’t problem with Steam. Maybe with my upk.

• Try changing the name of your workshop pic, I usually add a number at the end when I get that error and it fixes itself.

• I tried everything. I change preview name, add some numers too. I add my upk to zip archive. I don’t know what else I can do. There isn’t any problem with pic. It goes smoothly every time.

Uploading workshop item always fails at uploading .upk. Should it be cooked like maps?

• OK. After several attempts it’s working now!
    My solution was increase numbers in .upk name every time when uploading fails.
    Thank you for all your help.

• I have the same error
    Waiting for Steam task to finish. Error uploading preview file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam.
    I changed everything from the name map and pictures to change the text file in the root of the game

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.