Game freezes till I press Alt+Ctrl+Del then back to normal

• Hi.

I’ve got this strange issue with the game. My computer is not that bad and the game runs smoothly.
    BUT there are moments when all of a sudden the video and audio stops.

I can either wait for >30 sec. for the game to “unfreeze” or press Alt+Ctrl+Del - right after I select “task manager” I can already hear the game sounds again and I know the game has unfrozen itself. Closing the task manager takes me back to the game and I can play for a couple of minutes. Then this thig happens again.

Sometimes, this “freeze” ends up whith UDK.exe crash.

I just want to say that: I have a clean system install made today. All windows update are up to date. I have the latest nvidia drivers. I already did GPU stress tests to check the card and there is nothing there. The temperature of the GPU is never higher than 80C. I have no problems with RAM, I made memtest64 with 9 passes for over 12h with no errors.

I’m attaching game log when the game started to freeze and then crashed to desktop.

EDIT: Also, when the game just freezes the unreal engine log says something like “Log: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up.” I tried to force set graphic options in nvidia control panel to the lowest possible (switching AA off for eg.) but that didn’t help. And my graphic card is a geForce GTX 470 so I assume it’s not that bad and most of moder games run very good on it with at least “good” quality options.

• I can confirm this issue, got the exact same events in the same order. ;)

• Your crash is a known issue and will be fixed in the next hotfix.

• Thank You kindly for a quick reply. Any idea when will that be?

• Nothing changed. My game freeze every now and then (no more than 5 min of normal game).
    To go on I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Del to bring windows menu and then I only need to press Esc to continue playing because the game unfreezes just by getting out of focus.

There is no way I can play. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers. Chivalry and steam client are the only applications on my computer right now.

• @sajaki:

Nothing changed. My game freeze every now and then (no more than 5 min of normal game).
    To go on I have to press Alt+Ctrl+Del to bring windows menu and then I only need to press Esc to continue playing because the game unfreezes just by getting out of focus.

There is no way I can play. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers. Chivalry and steam client are the only applications on my computer right now.

I’ll inform the devs that this is still occurring. There is a patch coming out this month with a ton of bug fixes, so hopefully this is one of them, but I’ll let them know just in case they don’t see this.

Thanks.

• viewtopic.php?f=69&t=9592&p=86490#p86490 :

I got the lockup problem AFTER the patch (before everything way fine). In the log I could read “Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. (500 ms)” repeated many times. I googled and found a solution that seems to work for me:

I turned off multi GPU support in the nVidia drivers. I switched off multi monitor support as well.

• I’m also getting this. It used to work fine, but I reformatted my PC for unrelated reasons and now I’m getting this all the time.

I tried the multi GPU thing but that didn’t work, at least i think I turned off the right option…