Weapon slots and other stuff.

• 1. Maybe you should make the “slot 3” weapons available for slot 2.

For instance in “slot 3” there is throwing knives and shields. So in slot 2 you would be able to get throwing knives and a shield. or 2 sets of throwing knives depending on your class.

2. Also how about giving the throwing weapons a melee attack with one of the other 2 attack buttons. They wouldn’t have to be very powerful just something so if someone closes in on you you can maybe get a hit in on them and change weapons.

3. Maybe give the archer classes the man at arm dodging ability. That would make the archer on archer fights cooler.

4. Maybe give the spear a quick jab attack that would be weaker but you would have more chance to land a hit.

5. Wooden weapons? maybe some wooden practice weapons for like a practice duel mode. they would do a lot less damage than the real weapons making the fight last longer and you would be able to practice more while fighting.

Also Torn Banner you outdone yourself on this game! Its very weird playing Chiv with lots of people that never even played Aoc.

• I’m just going to run through all of your ideas and state my opinions.

1. I do not honestly see any need for changes there.

2. I don’t like that idea either, just sounds too odd to have someone perform that to me or the otherway around.

3. Why should archers be both good at melee combat, when they are suppose to be best at ranged / projectiles? I’d say they should stay the same way, and they already got a nice abillity.

4. That’s pretty much what you already have with the spear’s first attack, can be very confusing to dodge or parry sometimes.

5. Wooden replicas of some weapons in this game would serve the game incredible alot for us clan players. I would love to practice my recruits with wooden swords that would cause low damage, so that we wouldn’t need to waste time on waiting for one part to respawn, I’d really love to see those in the game.

• These were just ideas that wouldn’t be hard for them to add or change. Not having any of this stuff isn’t game breaking at all.

1: I don’t see why you could not have 2 sets of throwing knives if your a throwing knife kind of guy. And I don’t see how it would hurt the game.

2: What is odd is if you got a knife \ axe in your hand how would you not be able to melee with it? Jav does this already and its not odd.

3: I don’t see how they would be good at melee. I really doubt any archers with dodge would start going up and meleeing people like they are man at arms.They only got a shortsword anyways. Dodge is a defensive ability and archers should be able to defend them selves. They are small so should be fast.

4: Spears attacks are pretty slow and are chargeable. Im saying have a weak quick barrage 3 jabs in a row or something. However i like spears other attacks but I feel the swing attack should be lower damage. Since most the time your getting hit by a staff basicly.

5: glad you like that idea thats the one I would like to see the most.

• I’m all for #5. That’d be great, but I have to disagree on all of the others.

• The spears have a quicker and slower stab already - though the quicker stab could definitely use some speeding up considering it does far less damage.

Wooden weapons for training would be neat, but it would take a lot of texture work to create a wooden replica of every weapon.

As an aside, you can already practice on a private server by setting team damage to 0 and just dueling players on the same team. Perhaps you’d need to set it to 1% instead, I’m not sure if a value of 0 would cause attacks to ignore friendly hits entirely like FF off did in AoC.

• About the wooden replica of the weapons, I’d suggest only to pick the basic weapons, like longsword, broadsword, spear? mace? ect ect.

• @wildwulfy:

About the wooden replica of the weapons, I’d suggest only to pick the basic weapons, like longsword, broadsword, spear? mace? ect ect.

I was thinking the same thing. I could design them for TB. Do they use UDK for weapons? Or is that just for maps? I’ve never use it before.

• I would love to practice my recruits with wooden swords that would cause low damage, so that we wouldn’t need to waste time on waiting for one part to respawn, I’d really love to see those in the game.

We can change damage on the fly without needing a server restart, I’ll show you how later.

• I guess changing server damage would be better considering there would be all weapons to use.

• @Martin:

I would love to practice my recruits with wooden swords that would cause low damage, so that we wouldn’t need to waste time on waiting for one part to respawn, I’d really love to see those in the game.

We can change damage on the fly without needing a server restart, I’ll show you how later.

Sounds great Blaine, although I would love to have this visual appeal with fighting with wooden swords, hearing the sound of woods clinging together for each blow, would be lovely :P

but I suppose reducing the damage would be the best option.

• @Martin:

I would love to practice my recruits with wooden swords that would cause low damage, so that we wouldn’t need to waste time on waiting for one part to respawn, I’d really love to see those in the game.

Look at this, keeping their training techniques a secret. I don’t trust these RK guys.