Came back after a 3 year hiatus

• I was one of the first backers. I got about 500 hours of gameplay + the recent 100. I was pretty good I think, considering I had about 5600 kills and 500 deaths in duel mode, without ever feinting.
    I left the game 3-2 years ago because i couldnt stand what torn banner was doing to this game (I regret putting money on this game at that point)
    I mean, back then, the game wasnt supposed to be this. Neither did torn banners. People simply learned how to abuse the engine/mechanics and torn banners did do nothing about that. Mouse acceleration should have never given advantage, neither field of view. Neither should attacking your target with your overhand backwards exist.
    I come back now and holy damn. The game is in such a fucking sad state its unbelievable. One would think its impossible to worsen it up.
    This is not “chivalry”. This game has literally nothing to do with medieval meele fighting anymore, unless you count in new players and people that arent familiar with the game. Their fights are more medieval then “we” experienced players.
    Rank 30+ and this game turns into some fucking anime fantasy clusterfuck.
    One BIG thing that caught my eye… I remember back when you could NOT run constantly after you hit/miss something. You got a “force stop” kind off system. At least you could not run for about 1 second. This made sense (both realistic and gameplay wise) since you are supposed to catch up to people that miss or try to run away that like that.
    And then I highly remember that torn banners removed that and people went completly mad at how broken it is, before they patched that 1 second stop thing again.
    I come back and holy shit? This thing is a thing again, while being even worse than before. This promotes long weapon wielders like vanguards to do 1:1 anime fighting. Is this supposed to be a joke or something? Should people somehow like that?
    I still see complete flaws in this game. Something like the maul knockback (0 stam on enemy) is STILL way too slow. You cannot hit your target unless youre infront of them and ducking. What the actual fuck? This would go for an alpha “bug”. But 4 years later still in the latest patch? It just shows me how a mere simple thing is way out the developers hand.
    I got no hope in this. I wish I would have never wasted those 600 hours. No one should be recommended this game unless it they really like anime fighting.

Its nice to see that their latest new game tries to look like anime at least.

• If the game was way you wanted it to be, it would be boring AF tbh

• @brita said in Came back after a 3 year hiatus:

This is not “chivalry”. This game has literally nothing to do with medieval meele fighting anymore, unless you count in new players and people that arent familiar with the game. Their fights are more medieval then “we” experienced players.

This is the one thing in your argument that I really agree with TBH. It’s more fun to learn to climb than to be at the summit IMO. Once you “learn the ropes” and you’ve put in serious time, you start to pay attention to game flaws and how cancerous some of the community is. Then you start to lose interest in the game :(

That’s being said, CMW is the only game of its kind, and my first two years playing this game were some of the best. Despite its flaws, I’ll always remember this as one of my most favorite games.

• This post is deleted!

• So you want chivalry without real time tracers?

Where’s the fun in that?

• @zombojoe said in Came back after a 3 year hiatus:

So you want chivalry without real time tracers?

Where’s the fun in that?

You’re right, and I don’t understand why people want to make the game “fair” by breaking mechanics even more…

For those who consider rainbows/backswings/dragging as exploits:

You can’t have rainbows/backswings/dragging without RT tracers…

BUT you can’t have chivalry without RT tracers…

Its a lose-lose situation.