Voice Chat Specifics

• These are just some idea’s I have on how voice chat would work. (Besides the obvious fixes it needs.)

**- Able to voice chat to anyone on either team.

• Dead people cannot voice chat.
    • Proximity voice chat, so people have to be in range (but this might not be possible to make?)
      _We aren’t able to see floating banner’s over people which tell us who is whom because it would ruin immersion…

So why should we have everyone using the voice of god to speak directly to our heads. On top of that, a magical voice that only your own team can hear. GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES_

Further Explanation:

If voice chat could be by proximity, then it would be all the more immerse bringing. You would have to run a bit closer to teammates that you want to talk to.

Picture being with 2 teammates besides you as you see several enemies running toward you and you quickly discuss a strategy before the enemies are within range. Also if you discuss strategy while you are fighting and asking teammates to do things, so then the enemy side hears and changes what they do accordingly, it could be pretty interesting.

While you fight someone, you could even talk trash to them which could cause you to distract yourself and fail or possibly distract them into failing or it having no effect on either of you. Whichever way it goes, I am sure this can be found a lot of fun.

If you have played a fighting game with voice chat, then you may have very likely come across many people that talk trash to you while fighting and it makes things more fun. Fun is the main idea in this. It can have an immersive effect at the same time and add in new gameplay just by touching up on a feature already in the game.

Working on great voice chat mechanics I believe is something that really shouldn’t be overlooked at all. It is a really major piece when work has been put into it. Knowing this game has great voice chat is something alone that could make people want to check this game out if they do not already have it.

Combine this with the already personal feeling of combat in Chivalry and you have another thing that no other game that exists can offer. (As far as I know)

• I approve of this thread! I’d also like to see a proximity voice chat ( just like in DayZ ). Personally the biggest issue for me is the fact that we can’t see the names of the people talking , but I’m pretty sure you guys are already working on it :).

• Some very good ideas. I’m hoping the dev’s will take a look at this and see what they can implement. I’m for the suggested features, would be great to get this working in game within a future patch.

• I have no idea how voice chat works currently (I just hear someone babble in Klingon every now and then) but I full agree with these suggestions. Would make it comprehensible and contributing to gameplay.

• @Kwal:

I have no idea how voice chat works currently (I just hear someone babble in Klingon every now and then) but I full agree with these suggestions. Would make it comprehensible and contributing to gameplay.

It does work sometimes but when it does the quality is bad. Def think more people should ask for this stuff. I think people tend to respond more to stuff they don’t want though lol.

• @~X~:

@Kwal:

I have no idea how voice chat works currently (I just hear someone babble in Klingon every now and then) but I full agree with these suggestions. Would make it comprehensible and contributing to gameplay.

It does work sometimes but when it does the quality is bad. Def think more people should ask for this stuff. I think people tend to respond more to stuff they don’t want though lol.

Voice improvements are already on the current priorities list.