Sudden FPS Drops

• Hello peasents.

I have a problem with my fps , since the last update, they keep constatly falling down , no matter which map i play or if im online or offline, 60 players or 22 players severs, my fps is always low ,I have tried a lot of things, i’ve been looking for solutions on the internet past 5 days but everything I have done is useless,so , Id like to know if anyone knows the solution on this forum,thank you very much.
    alt text at the start

alt text As soon as i join the fight

my specs
    Windows 10
    Intel core i5-4460 CPU 3.20 GHz
    Ram : 8.00 G
    Graphic card Nvidia gtx 750

I can run gta 5 on high so it must be some problem with chivalry settings but i dont know what do change

• Global Moderator

How many coolers you have got in your computer’s case? A part of the sudden/instant FPS drops issues happen cause of less amount of coolers or having a small case.

• Really a GTX750 , you need to have it on low settings and try bsmooth at 122 for example. or just 72 is ok.
    I did a Chivalry demo of this card a few months back it’s quite ok tbh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFgDHEge0Q

• @Esudesu I dont know how to check that :/

• Its a low spec card, what are you on tbh. Its no good checking coolers in the computer, what a load of old rubbish.
    The card is ok on low settings in Chivalry. Also lets not forget that TB in that demi god wisdom decided to fix the
    unlocked fps toy in the last patch. Simply put max it at say 60 fps in the ini file, try it on low settings. ON full setttings
    that card won’d get over 20 fps I suspect even.

• @lowhangingfruit said in Sudden FPS Drops:

Really a GTX750 , you need to have it on low settings and try bsmooth at 122 for example. or just 72 is ok.
    I did a Chivalry demo of this card a few months back it’s quite ok tbh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFgDHEge0Q

You don’t understand, it’s not the Graphic card, it runs gta 5 on high and witcher 3 on ultra, its since the last update that im gettin fps drops, before last update i was playing chivalry smooth all maxed so i dont get it why should i play on low settings now, if there is no choice ill just stop playing bcs its shit on low settings

• So at these maxed out settings in smooth chivalry how many fps were you getting with the GTX750.

• @lowhangingfruit 60 fps

• @TheDrunkCqt Comparing an older game like Chivalry to those new games doesn’t mean much; Chivalry is built on an old game engine that likes CPUs with fewer cores and higher core speeds while newer games expect more cores and handle multicore processing better. Since your CPU speed is lower than 3.5GHz, you are likely bottlenecked on the CPU; your GPU is waiting for your CPU to catch up. If you can get your clock speed up to 3.5GHz, you may see fewer FPS drops, though I don’t recommend overclocking if you don’t know much about it.

Reducing ragdolls, shadows, dynamic lighting, vignette, and other settings may improve your overall performance, and you can try some of the things listed on this site to improve FPS.

• This post is deleted!