ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant)

• @Zemen Oh.

• @Vizzle said in ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant):

Lords and ladies of console, we have a major problem on our hands. AK, Booger, and a couple others have already pointed this infestation out…

In the past, I have pointed out how cancerous some playstyles are. Personally I don’t really care anymore, Of course i’ll still complain about dying to it but at the end of the day people should just play how they want to and be left at it. There’s no rule to say how you can play the game itself. Everyone finds their own weapon and playstyle ‘Which is often the messer unfortunately’ and enjoys the game in their own way.

As so-called veterans of the community we try to encourage honourable play and tactics which aren’t necessarily frowned upon by skill Nazis of the game.

In my opinion (and many others in community) If people want to use the messer then let them, I’ll happily smack them with my halberd or longsword because it’s the meta.

I don’t know if any of you played dark souls at all but there was a similar debate on on ‘honour’ and how you should never heal in fights and never 2v1, gank etc. And it’s the exact same principle, there’s no rule to say how you should play.

If you want to be a true honour-bound knight and bow to everyone and play respectively or be a total scumbag and only hit-trade, feint spam and abuse messer then go ahead.

You’re merely just using something that the devs implemented and you’re completely within your rights to do that.

But either way, whatever kind of player you choose to be, i’ll still kill you.

Rant over.

• “I’ve been hit I guess that means it’s my turn to swing”- messer user

• Thats the only reason I’ve started to use the billhook, has some punch and it’s fast but not fast enough to be complete cheese

• @Akemi-Homura sword of war= Master Sword. Claymore > Sword of war, Knight more Health than vanguard. It’s a toss up, I get more all out fights with a claymore but you get hit twice and you’re done. At least with Knight you get an extra bit of health, All in all I’d say Vanguard / Claymore is sooo good with SoW knight right behind it.

• @LordRoffleSalad this is one of the many reasons why nobody likes you

• @Somervillage why because I can fight with low damage high speed weapons? Don’t be so salty your bill hook is literally useless, Halbaerd for life .

• @LordRoffleSalad You can’t fight at all tbh, no further comment

• @LordRoffleSalad The claymore has got to be the most disgusting weapon I have ever came across. I mean for christs sake the thing is as fast as a dagger or faster if not that. But if you like it than feel free to use but don’t be surprised when I call you a cross eyed, inbred, Supa Dupa Oompa loompa cause you’re using it.

That weapon brings all the salt out of me.

• @b00ger-Knight said in ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant):

I don’t know if any of you played dark souls at all but there was a similar debate on on ‘honour’ and how you should never heal in fights and never 2v1, gank etc. And it’s the exact same principle, there’s no rule to say how you should play.

THE DREADED ESTUS FLASK

• @Zemen said in ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant):

@LordRoffleSalad The claymore has got to be the most disgusting weapon I have ever came across. I mean for christs sake the thing is as fast as a dagger or faster if not that. But if you like it than feel free to use but don’t be surprised when I call you a cross eyed, inbred, Supa Dupa ugly Oompa loompa cause you’re using it.

That weapon brings all the salt out of me.

Its pronounced “gaymore”, but I forgive your spelling ;)

A most profaned weapon, only used by level 10 spamguards and feint spammers

• @LordRoffleSalad said in ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant):

@Somervillage why because I can fight with low damage high speed weapons? Don’t be so salty your bill hook is literally useless, Halbaerd for life .

Probably the only thing you’ve ever said that I agree with. Halberd is strong. But like any weapon in the hands of a veteran, the billhook can be decent.

• @Zemen I get more kills and can fight off more at once with my Greatsword, Claymore of just good 1v1. Also I love the first and last dagger , first one is super fast for stun locks and the third dagger has penetration damage , if you use the third dagger and back stab kill vanguards and Knights with RB you get a back stab BONUS :)

• @LordRoffleSalad only with archers

• @LordRoffleSalad this isn’t dark souls

• @LordRoffleSalad daggers suck anyways and the range is just godawful. They aren’t viable in comp

• @Somervillage said in ITS TIME TO STOP. (Playstyle Rant):

@LordRoffleSalad this isn’t dark souls

“Ashen one… knives suck ass”

• @Akemi-Homura
    I read your whole post, and wonder exactly why you think the servers on PC don’t run at 100% speed. They do, although admins can change it, though they hardly do. If you see a difference while watching videos, it’s probably because of FoV changes.

Also, move stab off of R3, it makes aiming stabs a lot easier.

• @AK they are very good for competitive play , Daggers are for 2 things: 1.) Continuous Stun locks ( first dagger is better it’s the fastest weapon in the game) use RS and RT a lot but throw RB every third attack, so basically RT,RS,RB,RT,RS, Dead. 2.) the third dagger has penetration damage , This is very good against vanguards, So use the third dagger as more of a single strike dagger, Do lots of RB but just one attack then back up and reset / parry and use RS and RT as well, I love using MMA and third dagger and I love using archer and first dagger, and yes firecracker the back stab damage is only for archer, and yes they can be used to kill very good players, I Just don’t use them often because like you said the range is bad , and so is the damage it takes 2-5 hits depending on which dagger and which class you’re fighting , Messers and other weapons take 1-3 hits on everyone class, But this also doesn’t mean that the daggers aren’t amazingly fast, So once again, the only thing faster than the first dagger is NOTHING, it’s the fAstest weapon in the game and is meant for multiple attack stun locks , so is the short sword and Norse sword etc etc etc, Only way to actually stun lock faster than a dagger is with your fists, another reason why they should have added fist weapons in this game, like voldo from soul caliber :p also 2 worst weapons in the game in my opinion : Hunting Knife ( middle dagger , it did get Better since they made it so you can RB overhead stab now ) and the Fork, The fork and hunting dagger are both fast, but that’s there only good stat is speed, There is multiple weapons faster than both making them useless . These are all my opinions , Just know that every weapon is just that, a weapon , for killing with, so if you ask if a dagger can kill people ??? Then the answer is … In the proper hands and patient fighting … Yes a dagger can be used :)

• 0_1469459993621_zmnx kaj.png

An elementary style diagram of our range running meta issue…

First diagram is what PC players and good console players do, they move in and handle their business.

The second diagram is another one of our metas, range running. Good players will learn to sit there and let their opponent flail around. DO NOT FOLLOW, or you will be victim of a alt slash or a hittrade.