Knights of Free Agency

• I’ve had a thought today, and I’m curious what others think. I am considering putting together a “clan” that is nothing more than a guild of mercenaries. There are plenty of people who, like myself, do not enjoy the politics, trash talking, or salt that goes on between clans, but would still like to get in on some wars. We would be a group whom, when approached would fins available members for a clan who will be short handed to borrow for their scrim/war/practice. We would, as a whole, remain neutral and willing to assist all so long as we are treated with dignity and respect. What do you guys think?

• @SerSkellyman I’m rather fond of this idea, especially the fact of it being a guild of mercenaries whom are available to anyone… you have my vote for this idea.

• Not a bad idea at all. I second it.

• @SerSkellyman said in Knights of Free Agency:

I’ve had a thought today, and I’m curious what others think. I am considering putting together a “clan” that is nothing more than a guild of mercenaries. There are plenty of people who, like myself, do not enjoy the politics, trash talking, or salt that goes on between clans, but would still like to get in on some wars. We would be a group whom, when approached would fins available members for a clan who will be short handed to borrow for their scrim/war/practice. We would, as a whole, remain neutral and willing to assist all so long as we are treated with dignity and respect. What do you guys think?

“Mercs”

No…

If a clan doesn’t have enough members then they clan war with 5, or 4. Or unless the other clan says it’s ok. But usually it doesn’t make sense for clans to have mercs because clans just abuse them and put them in the spot of their own guys which in a way… is kind of cheating. I’ve rarely ever seen mercs used correctly when a clan only had like 4 members show up and need an extra guy.

• I agree with kauser bad idea

• @AK Valid concerns, also why I thought of setting it up as its own “clan” prescence. This way it can be regulated, we wouldn’t be some random players being picked up. Nor would I want to be dumping people constantly into a group that refuses to try to grow on its own. Me, and whomever might become generals, would keep an eye on this in an attempt to regulate it. Either way I’m just getting a sense of what you all think. Thus far it’s two and two, though I did get a third up vote with no actual comment.

• @SerSkellyman I mean it’s not a bad idea in theory. But in action I doubt it would work like u want it to. Mercs are a thing of the past anyways… nowadays clans don’t use mercs because they have enough members. If they don’t then they aren’t taken seriously in the comp community.

• Not mercs… A league of extraordinary gentlemen
    I’d jump on board

• Banned

@AK said in Knights of Free Agency:

@SerSkellyman said in Knights of Free Agency:

I’ve had a thought today, and I’m curious what others think. I am considering putting together a “clan” that is nothing more than a guild of mercenaries. There are plenty of people who, like myself, do not enjoy the politics, trash talking, or salt that goes on between clans, but would still like to get in on some wars. We would be a group whom, when approached would fins available members for a clan who will be short handed to borrow for their scrim/war/practice. We would, as a whole, remain neutral and willing to assist all so long as we are treated with dignity and respect. What do you guys think?

“Mercs”

No…

If a clan doesn’t have enough members then they clan war with 5, or 4. Or unless the other clan says it’s ok. But usually it doesn’t make sense for clans to have mercs because clans just abuse them and put them in the spot of their own guys which in a way… is kind of cheating. I’ve rarely ever seen mercs used correctly when a clan only had like 4 members show up and need an extra guy.

If used correctly and not in the way booze hound has been exploited in the past would be a very good idea.

6v6 is meta.

4v4/5v5 is just fys…

• Sounds like a great plan :) There is a lot of highly talented solo players who don’t want anything to serious. Also, Being short a man for a war is a constant concern, not because they can’t make the wars or they aren’t active, it’s just a lot of the time something might come up , Jobs, Spouse, Children, Other emergencies . People have lives lol

• My clan literally merc’d just for DA and it can be a successful venture as long as you got loyal people.

Approved.

• @Vade What has Boozy done to exploit it?

• mercs will be here to stay just like every other thing that has come along

• Banned

@SDS-NewAgeKnight

meh just how when sds had free members to join in a war you went around them to instead play lil boozie in an available spot. I think several ppl in sds and out of sds had a problem with it.

Personally back then i didn’t care tbh. out of the ppl around at that time that were b squad and online, he was better than them for sure. So your chances of winning were greatly increased plus he was ex sds after all, cant blame ya buddy. ;)

• I don’t mind this idea, for it could work out for the better. I’m sure you could dominate given the right merc for the job. I got plenty of people I can call on if I can’t get enough Stygies for a fight.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.