The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?

• Would you say that Chivalry Console veterans are better then the pc veterans ?
    Although I am a pc player I have to admit to me the Console players look better
    simply put by the fact the fov seems to be fixed at 90? Imo would you agree
    the console players are more skilled due to the fact the playing field seems to be
    level ?

On the pc we tend to get a lot of fish eyed fov junkies that really don’t cut the mustard
    I’ve always said What Chivalry needed was a level playing field and the Console seems
    to provide just that… I would also say that a top tier veteran of the console would be
    the outright winner of a comp with pc players if using the same settings as per console.
    Also I note the video’s of console players don’t have that blight of fish eyed fov
    crutch of support type of players let alone all the tweaks they try to use to gain an advantage
    pre combat.

• @lowhangingfruit instead of fov console players mostly just switch to 3rd person for the same kind of reasons that pc player bump their fov up so idk…

• Good question @lowhangingfruit

I’ve played both ports enough to know that they are two different worlds cause the input (MK vs Controller), hitboxes (more range on PC), and graphics are different between the two.

I will honestly say that PC vets that come to console are relatively better fighters than most homegrown console players once they get used to the controller.

But then you got console gems like ATOM x Kyle, Homura Akemi, Oskdomination, God of Mischief, Refugee Recall, and a few others that could easily beat decent PC players if they decided to go over to PC.

Console is in a state of emergency due to a new meta, so it will be difficult to see who will be the new top 10 players in the future.

TL;DR PC vets are better but console has its share of incredible fighters.

BTW console, as buggy and half ass as it is, is the equal playing field TBH. Only 5% of the console chivalry CMW know how to ballerina. Most high skill players stick to private lobbies and clan wars, with a few taking a liking to pub-stomping newbies.

For every individual level 40 there is like 50 casuals who don’t know advanced techniques and just slash spam. There is a massive pool of newbies playing the console port, so that is why its not dying out like PC is.

Rambling on like this just brought me to a realization about our meta. I’ll be making a topic about it later.

• @lowhangingfruit You are more than welcome to join us if you choose to :)

• @lowhangingfruit I could easily say PC is superior. Even if everyone was stuck at 90 fov on pc, they would still be better because of their knowledge of how to play the game correctly. More people know about drags, mechanics etc.

• To judge the skill level between Console veterans and PC veterans. They would both need to play on a new port where neither veterans know the mechanics, bugs or features. Other than that, you really can’t say which one is better since on PC, all veterans use a Mouse and Keyboard which allows for easier drags, ability to read feints easier and the overall mechanic structure for PC is supreme.

For console, we are stuck at 90 FoV which limits our visibility if we play in 1st person which I do. On the PC most veterans turn their FoV up to 110-130 giving them more visibility and makes it easier for them to read feints. So with that in mind, I would say Console has it more difficult when trying to become a veteran, but for PC it’s a little easier to become a veteran.

This is just my opinion ;)

• @RetractBoot said in The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?:

@lowhangingfruit I could easily say PC is superior. Even if everyone was stuck at 90 fov on pc, they would still be better because of their knowledge of how to play the game correctly. More people know about drags, mechanics etc.

If my memory serves me correctly, 90 FOV used to be the norm in the 2013 PC chivalry days.

• I think your correct tbh Mr Vizzle , I stuck at fov 90 because it’s what the game was released plus most other games have
    fov 90 by default ( I think)

• Plus, PC Chivalry runs a lot better than the consoles, and has better FPS. Reading feints and reverses are a lot harder on console than on PC, and if I were to go over to PC, which I’m capable of reading both feints and player patterns on 30 fps (I play Xb1) 90 FoV, and poorly optimized servers, I would be really good. It’s like Goku training under 1000x gravity. I’ve played Chivalry on such trash quality that if I were to go to the PC version, I would be amazing.

Not to say that other PC players wouldn’t be a challenge, but certain console players would put up a damn good fight after adjusting to KBM

• Yes your quite right iah but a few fov 90 pc Chivalry players do exist tbh. If you run into one of those it would be a pretty
    even match I would guess. In the rarer cases still some exists who have only played knight at fov 90 in first person view
    since game release on the pc. Those kinds of players would find it very enjoyable to play on the console from day one tbh.

• @lowhangingfruit eh, even though console is locked at 90 FOV, game still runs like complete trash lol. Idk what those kinds of players prefer though…more even fighting, or quality of gameplay. I would assume quality of gameplay, but I’m not too sure.

• So it does seem the joypad breakers have it over the keyboard smashers, the eyes have it to the left mr speaker hehe.
    Some new fantastic console is due out Neo? so I finally get to try some of these console veterans at my fov 90 on
    a level field at last. The skills levels shouldn’t be to far apart , like the Two tomatoes that are running down the street
    alas as one got squished the other said Ketchup …

• The only thing you’ll enjoy is players in 1st having 90 fov. 3rd is prevalent, the same spinning playstyles, reverse overheads, etc are still widely used.

In exchange for 90 fov, you get 30 fps cap which I’m sure dips below, unbearable lag/high ping on any server above 10 players and working voice chat so all the 10 year olds can enquire about your mother’s state after last night. Also, stuck with a controller, there is no mouse and keyboard support.

• @Naleaus said in The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?:

The only thing you’ll enjoy is players in 1st having 90 fov. 3rd is prevalent, the same spinning playstyles, reverse overheads, etc are still widely used.

In exchange for 90 fov, you get 30 fps cap which I’m sure dips below, unbearable lag/high ping on any server above 10 players and working voice chat so all the 10 year olds can enquire about your mother’s state after last night. Also, stuck with a controller, there is no mouse and keyboard support.

30 FPS is such a weird feel now

I recently got the opportunity to play on a server that my craptop had no trouble running on.

I even got up to 54 FPS with a craptop when I wasn’t moving and there wasn’t much in my view.

0_1471981903890_0df17545-f803-473d-a619-89421d8826de.jpg

It’s hard to explain the feeling, but the combat seems … slower with the higher FPS and parrying becomes so much easier. It’s a different way to play that I really enjoyed

I then went back to console and played on it for about an hour. Console became frustrating to play on. I kept missing swings and dragging became much harder once again…

It’s a strange phenomenon but 30FPS seems much faster (in a bad way) and just overall frustrating to play on even though in reality it’s the same game speed.

• The 30 FPS killed my reaction time…

• I do recall doing a few demo’s of Chivalry at low capped by ini file . ie at 24 to 33 on low settings
    The first was the gt730 then it actually worked with onboard video of a motherboard. Can’t you turn
    down the settings in Chivalry on console, does it have such a menu? I would have thought on low
    settings it would be quite ok on the console imo

• @Wilt said in The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?:

I do recall doing a few demo’s of Chivalry at low capped by ini file . ie at 24 to 33 on low settings
    The first was the gt730 then it actually worked with onboard video of a motherboard. Can’t you turn
    down the settings in Chivalry on console, does it have such a menu? I would have thought on low
    settings it would be quite ok on the console imo

No, there’s no way to turn down the settings. Which really sucks.

We aren’t allowed to sacrifice video quality for smooth gameplay

• I hate 3rd person, it breaks immersion and is super annoying when someone else uses it to turn on you

• @Hoplite-x-Viz do I know you? I think I know you

• @Wilt I’m stuck Between two rocks here I’m the best player on console but there are people on PC like storm bow or reaper that seem to be ahead of me. Very interesting none the less.