The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?

• So it does seem the joypad breakers have it over the keyboard smashers, the eyes have it to the left mr speaker hehe.
    Some new fantastic console is due out Neo? so I finally get to try some of these console veterans at my fov 90 on
    a level field at last. The skills levels shouldn’t be to far apart , like the Two tomatoes that are running down the street
    alas as one got squished the other said Ketchup …

• The only thing you’ll enjoy is players in 1st having 90 fov. 3rd is prevalent, the same spinning playstyles, reverse overheads, etc are still widely used.

In exchange for 90 fov, you get 30 fps cap which I’m sure dips below, unbearable lag/high ping on any server above 10 players and working voice chat so all the 10 year olds can enquire about your mother’s state after last night. Also, stuck with a controller, there is no mouse and keyboard support.

• @Naleaus said in The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?:

The only thing you’ll enjoy is players in 1st having 90 fov. 3rd is prevalent, the same spinning playstyles, reverse overheads, etc are still widely used.

In exchange for 90 fov, you get 30 fps cap which I’m sure dips below, unbearable lag/high ping on any server above 10 players and working voice chat so all the 10 year olds can enquire about your mother’s state after last night. Also, stuck with a controller, there is no mouse and keyboard support.

30 FPS is such a weird feel now

I recently got the opportunity to play on a server that my craptop had no trouble running on.

I even got up to 54 FPS with a craptop when I wasn’t moving and there wasn’t much in my view.

0_1471981903890_0df17545-f803-473d-a619-89421d8826de.jpg

It’s hard to explain the feeling, but the combat seems … slower with the higher FPS and parrying becomes so much easier. It’s a different way to play that I really enjoyed

I then went back to console and played on it for about an hour. Console became frustrating to play on. I kept missing swings and dragging became much harder once again…

It’s a strange phenomenon but 30FPS seems much faster (in a bad way) and just overall frustrating to play on even though in reality it’s the same game speed.

• The 30 FPS killed my reaction time…

• I do recall doing a few demo’s of Chivalry at low capped by ini file . ie at 24 to 33 on low settings
    The first was the gt730 then it actually worked with onboard video of a motherboard. Can’t you turn
    down the settings in Chivalry on console, does it have such a menu? I would have thought on low
    settings it would be quite ok on the console imo

• @Wilt said in The Best Chivalry Veterans are Console or PC ?:

I do recall doing a few demo’s of Chivalry at low capped by ini file . ie at 24 to 33 on low settings
    The first was the gt730 then it actually worked with onboard video of a motherboard. Can’t you turn
    down the settings in Chivalry on console, does it have such a menu? I would have thought on low
    settings it would be quite ok on the console imo

No, there’s no way to turn down the settings. Which really sucks.

We aren’t allowed to sacrifice video quality for smooth gameplay

• I hate 3rd person, it breaks immersion and is super annoying when someone else uses it to turn on you

• @Hoplite-x-Viz do I know you? I think I know you

• @Wilt I’m stuck Between two rocks here I’m the best player on console but there are people on PC like storm bow or reaper that seem to be ahead of me. Very interesting none the less.

• @Champion-Midas

Do you play vanilla? Try a mercs duelyard if you want to see some skilled veterans

• @Champion-Midas Yes we have a harder time with our field of view but that kinda makes us crap since pc players are at such of an advantage. idk

• @Wilt

I think PC is better. Plus many doing the spin exploit without skill is like driving a google car, are you driving or just want to look like it?

• @Wilt I am a ps4 player I’m not bad pretty meh I can drag read some feints and block decently but i must say the best players on ps4 at least were all pc veterans, but I think you mean if a ps4 player who played 2 years vs pc player who played for 2 years but has to switch to 90 pov which i think pc would still be better simply put a level zero who plays with pc vets and learns from them for two years will be better than the console counterpart because aren’t very many good native ps4 active players .

• Well the problem is they keep bringing out upgraded consoles, having fallen into that trap many yrs back
    to find my games were not backward compatible etc - you’re not easily swayed by them anymore. The console
    field does seem more like a level field of play for Chivalry players imo.

• Necroing because this is one of the stupidest things I’ve seen. PC Vets are known to be better than console players on both console and PC lol. Console Chiv players are laughable.

• It’s a valid topic, you come across as one of those mordpoo trolls tbh. As for pc vets are known to be better
    etc, you’re actually wrong. Most Chiv pc vets just suck without that high fov crutch to help them. I would
    say a console vet wins every time tbh.

• Console vets would only win on Console, there would be NO way a console vet could outplay a PC veteran on PC.

• You might have a point but being a former console vet at fov 90 on the pc I would have to say a console
    vet would beat a pc vet due to the fact they can’t play at fov 90, which is really what this game needed tbh
    a rigid fov as csgo has. That game has 500,000 players still every night for 8 yrs. Console players are rigid
    fovs. console players are a lot more skilled then some know, eg I used to do rocket jumps in q3 on console
    also Q2 , hence they have joypads for pc’s, I even had two menbers of my old Quake3 ctf clans who used
    joypads plus proved they where just as skilled if not more so in live clan scrimmages using joypads then mouse kb players.

• We would only win on our home turf really… I place PC Chivalry and I had a scrim with Harold and a few others against Mr Rag and BL… they destroyed us xD

• @c4ke-from-sp4c3 I would say the limitations of console definitely harden a player, but also the lag we’ve had to deal with makes us more cautious and lacking confidence. If a console vet were to train on PC and get acquainted with the smoothness of it I see no reason why they couldn’t be on par or superior to a PC vet