Harrambe Forum Slander Act of 2016

• I propose that for the sake of Harambe the Martyr that we gotta clean up our acts or Reithur is gonna kick us the fuck out, and then Mook will never be free XD

Basically I was reading the official rules for behavior and i’d say 99% of us have broken more than one of these rules due to in-game rivalries and clan salt.

So here’s what I think we should do: Our clan war community communications really has to start basing our conduct around what is acceptable on the forums. I’ll show you what I mean…

“The Torn Banner Forums is a forum for holding civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions. At the same time, do not derail threads around yourself or attempt to respond to every single reaction among dozens after posting a comment that is reacted to severely en masse. The post length must also be no less than 10 characters long, an attempt to circumvent this will be responded with disciplinary measures.”

-excerpt from official forum rules

Clan war community conduct proposal:

Part I: Superiority

Claiming player superiority (i.e. “I am the king of chivalry”) must be validated by most of the clan war community (at least 2/3 of all clan leaders) AND screenshots/video of duel wins and other pub leaderboards, otherwise it is considered disingenuous and non evidence based.

You can deny someone’s claim of superiority of course, it is freedom of speech, but don’t claim superiority if you have no proof.

Claiming clan superiority must be supported by a W/L tally and screenshots/video of clan war victories, otherwise it is considered disingenuous and non evidence based.

Part II: Slander

As much as that Grill n’ Juice Pouch meme had me dying, we cant be posting IRL pics of people here even if they did it themselves. I was worried that somebody was gonna get banned for this.

Also, If you are gonna talk negative somebody be civil about it or take it to the duel lobby. In the words of ATOM x Vader: “Talk Shit, Get Hit, Never Speak Again” This place is for civil discussion, Not verbal sparring. Fight with your messers, not your lips.

Don’t make posts slandering fellow clans like “---- is a scrub clan”. Just cause you lost the war doesn’t mean you go to the forums bitching about it. Because at the end of the day, they got screenshots of their win, and you got excuses.

Don’t make witch hunt threads. We all have our share of fuckbois we can’t stand in game or on the forums, but this is not the place to call them out. HOWEVER!!! I will say that if there is an individual or clan that is antagonizing people, then players should be warned in game or in the message system provided on the forums.

Don’t use Inspect source element to make it look like somebody said something fucked up and then screenshot it. (even to make somebody say #Free Mook, as harmless as it is)

This is all I got for now. Critique, comment, suggest.

• @Vizzle everyone should be more civilized. I agree

• Or do exactly what reithur had said to do a few days ago about chat rooms… Salt and slander can stay, just not in the public forums.

• @Vizzle Or… we could get Reithur to ban LordRoffleSalad since he is the one instigating most of the salt and being uncivilised. However, we do need to stop being elitist pricks :D.

• @KimJong-Harambe said in Harrambe Forum Slander Act of 2016:

Or do exactly what reithur had said to do a few days ago about chat rooms… Salt and slander can stay, just not in the public forums.

Yeah nobody is listening though.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 said in Harrambe Forum Slander Act of 2016:

@Vizzle Or… we could get Reithur to ban LordRoffleSalad since he is the one instigating most of the salt and being uncivilised. However, we do need to stop being elitist pricks :D.

Yeah we do lol

As it pertains to roffle its a double edged sword cause we are all guilty of the same stuff in one way or the other. What’s preventing the mods from cleaning up altogether by banning both Roffle and ALL the people who fought with him on the forums?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s the worst one right now but basically if he gets banned that shows how close all of us are to getting banned.

You, me, and a few others have been deeply involved with this internet BS with Roffle, if he did get banned we’d have to watch our backs basically.

I’d say that the solution to this is for us to stay classy on the forums and let him drown himself in his own salt.

• @Vizzle Indeed, so we just wait for Roffle to continue posting salt until he gets banned? How long is that going to take?

• Make a subreddit, post all the bullshit you want. Could even make it invite only so you can keep PS4 and PC scrubs out of it. The chats work too but I’ve not used them on here. Reddit might be better just cause it’s set up more like a forum. Also, up/down votes.

PS4 has communities that we use instead of forums. Works well enough till someone is dumb and Sony steps in to moderate.

• @Naleaus said in Harrambe Forum Slander Act of 2016:

Make a subreddit, post all the bullshit you want. Could even make it invite only so you can keep PS4 and PC scrubs out of it. The chats work too but I’ve not used them on here. Reddit might be better just cause it’s set up more like a forum. Also, up/down votes.

PS4 has communities that we use instead of forums. Works well enough till someone is dumb and Sony steps in to moderate.

Nobody is going to reddit TBH we are too centralized over here.

Its not a problem of keeping PS4 and PC out, its more of an effort of correcting salty behavior.

We are at the point where this section has gotten so bad that the mods have modified the forum rules and have locked multiple threads.

• If you guys can find a way that the community can function without a salt motivation go for it otherwise this entire thread will go unheard the same people who preach no salt are the ones getting into salt but that’s just the way the game goes