Underhand Sword Swings/ Stabs

• Hello friends, Was just wondering why there is underhand/ Overhand swings for Polearms and Underhand/ overhand stabs with spears but Nothing for the sword. I find myself doing the same few combos. I wish I could do more options of sword stabs or underhands . You can defiantly stab in the body in real life and you can defiantly do an underhand upper stash.

So why not in chivalry? I think it’s mostly because the swords are already over powered. I feel like if I had the ability to do an under swing or an under stab I would ONLY be even more unpredictable.

What is everyones opinion? Should I just use a Halbaerd and get over it? lol I like swords though :p

• @LordRoffleSalad only thing it would do would add another layer of dragging and rainbowing which I agree would make it harder to read.

However in chivalry you can’t go under the parry box, at least from what I’ve seen from personal experience so things like the alt overhead for the hqlberd really just change the look of the swing but you can’t go under someone’s parry with it.

• @LordRoffleSalad also swords are OP because they are versatile and flat out more useful on the battlefield than say an axe. Speaking in terms of real life of course.

• @AK well the game isn’t Called Chivalry : Sword Fighting Warfare. I wish it was, I feel like a lot of my deaths come from Archers, Catapults, Balistas , Rocks , Logs, Saws , Spears, Flails , Maces , Hammers , Polearms , Fire pots , Oil Cauldrons, Metal Spikes. They added all of this crazy stuff because that’s how medieval times were… Crazy…

Lol. Flails were invented JUST to get past shields . Maces were invented JUST to smash through armour :) Catapults for Doors and Castles. All these odd weapons had their use and advantage/ Disadvantage. The sword would just be like the go to default weapon of most people. I’m sure stuff like * The Fork* were never even meant for battle, But for farming lmao . I don’t know…I just want to under swing :p I get what you mean by it doesn’t actually get past their guard more.

• Banned

@LordRoffleSalad said in Underhand Sword Swings/ Stabs:

@AK well the game isn’t Called Chivalry : Sword Fighting Warfare. I wish it was, I feel like a lot of my deaths come from Archers, Catapults, Balistas , Rocks , Logs, Saws , Spears, Flails , Maces , Hammers , Polearms , Fire pots , Oil Cauldrons, Metal Spikes. They added all of this crazy stuff because that’s how medieval times were… Crazy…

Lol. Flails were invented JUST to get past shields . Maces were invented JUST to smash through armour :) Catapults for Doors and Castles. All these odd weapons had their use and advantage/ Disadvantage. The sword would just be like the go to default weapon of most people. I’m sure stuff like * The Fork* were never even meant for battle, But for farming lmao . I don’t know…I just want to under swing :p I get what you mean by it doesn’t actually get past their guard more.

Lol get rekt by archers and catapults

• Polearms are for stabbing, not swinging silly. You may as well try stabbing with an axe

• @br0ny2 they are for both. Spears are better at stabbing but swipes should also be used .

• @LordRoffleSalad it’s the wrong tool for the job though, and that is what your secondary curved saber is for, when you get into swinging matches.

• @br0ny2 the only thing Polearms aren’t good at is Blunt damage. It’s ignorant to say they can’t do swipe damage lol if you wanna look at the most all around weapon in The whole game try the Poleaxe. It has slice damage, Stab penetration damage, AND Blunt damage . It’s the perfect weapon, I just dislike axes or I’d use it haha.

• I’m not saying you can’t swing it, I’m saying that is not what it was designed for, if you want to bludgeon someone to death use a hammer, that is what it is built for. Axes are a wierd mixture of blunt and bladed because they have weight behind the blade to make the perfect chopping tool.

• @br0ny2 I prefer swords myself . Wbu?

• @LordRoffleSalad lol I prefer the shield as an MAA and distracting as many enimies as I can for as long as I can, I hit the 7 minute mark having 4 knights chase me into their own spawn, that was 7 minutes my teammates had fighting 4 less people.

• It has different damage types, but in practice poleaxe is meh. It suffers from not being a sword. Easy to read feints, stricter turn cap, no handle hits. It’s stab is hard to see cause bad animation, but also easy as shit to sidestep.

• @Naleaus non of the axes have much for range in my opinion. I just love swords or I’m sure I’d be using a spear or Archer.

• @LordRoffleSalad you should try the heavy Javelin, best of both worlds, spear and Archer, you even get a bucker shield to boot

• @LordRoffleSalad said in Underhand Sword Swings/ Stabs:

@br0ny2 I prefer swords myself . Wbu?

I prefer the polearms. But swords are just the best all round weapons in the game.

• @br0ny2 that class is very good. I never understood why no one likes it :) it’s awesome.

• just use the messer bois

• @Practice-Knight said in Underhand Sword Swings/ Stabs:

just use the messer bois

ain’t that the truth!

• @AK Hey do you want to see some screenshots of yourself on PC XDDDDDD