Need Advice, Super 2H spammer here

• My accidental TKing is starting to worry me. It was not a big deal at first when I might* TK someone once in a few games. I could possibly be dealing damage to my team-mates as well.

I’ve tried to be more conservative, and it works as long as Im fighting someone 1 on 1. I use a combination of the Claymore and the one-handed axe. However fighting conservative when there is around 2-3 enemies is really difficult. Im very good at using forward and backward movement to get my opponent to swing first then i get in and counter-attack. However there are times when my team-mates just come out of nowhere and join in.

One time I managed to kill all three of my enemies but in the process I also eliminated 2 of my team-mates :? . They voted for a kick, and boom i was gone despite topping the scoreboard.

I know there is a stab and OH button, but they are really ineffective versus moving enemies. I like to use the slashing combinations because I move alot myself and i predict where my opponent is so my slash moves in an arc and more times than not they get hit.

Im really good at spamming, Im usually am number 1 during the FFAs and rarely ever am out of top 3. I’ve tried using 1H weapons, but it gets extremely difficult when im facing those long hallys or spears. Are there any tips someone can give me about the stab and OH in big group battle situations?

• If you’re using a 2H sword do this:

Unbind your Attack1 key. Play for at least 2 days without it.

It’s harsh, but it’s effective. Stab your enemies - if you hit them, immediately go into an overhead combo and attempt to hit their side. Before so long, you will learn how to land them, it just takes practice ;)

• Thanks for that advice, you know what Im going to go Ingame to do just that. While I might stop being Mister No 1, it’ll definitely help me be more effective predicting where I should OH.

• Stab is your friend. With practice, you can pin point hit in the middle of large groups. Overhead is good for a jump and overhead to throw off their parry, or if you catch them from behind. Also, you can cancel your slashes with Q if teammates get in your way.

• I know there is a stab and OH button, but they are really ineffective versus moving enemies.

Nonono, YOU are ineffective versus moving enemies. You must learn to time and aim these overhand/thrusts in order to maximize your ability. Doing so will allow teammates who can also do this to combine with you to create an effective fighting force.

• You remind me much of a man who wide slashed his bardiche no matter what. Even near teammates. Lopped my head off along with two other teammates to get at this one knight.
    I usually back off or try to flank in a crowded battle and use exclusively overheads and stabs unless I’m sure I won’t hit my friends.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

I know there is a stab and OH button, but they are really ineffective versus moving enemies.

Nonono, YOU are ineffective versus moving enemies. You must learn to time and aim these overhand/thrusts in order to maximize your ability. Doing so will allow teammates who can also do this to combine with you to create an effective fighting force.

After taking Martin’s advice to disabled my M1 button AKA disable my slash. I’ve realize my folly saying that line. At first it was difficult, as the stab was difficult for me to aim, especially against spears/bardiches/hallys/2h swords who swing like maniacs(previous me).

Then after a few hours I went from bottom of the points list and made my way all the way to first. The stab/thrust has just become one of my favorite moves, flanking enemies is so much easier and the stab allows me to hit those small openings where their block cannot reach. I rarely use the OH except to make the enemy backoff, which they do alot or during backstabbing procedures.

Thanks guys for giving me this feedback, im really afraid if i were to enable the M1/slash button too early i’ll just end up going back to the old spamming ways. So im going to roll with stabbing for the next few days and then slowly incorporate the slash into my skillset. :P

• I have my attacks rebound to stab as mouse1, overhand as mouse2 and swing as mousewheel button.

Not having swing as mouse1 helps a lot of players not use it as their primary attack. It shouldn’t be their primary attack because

a) Overhand and stab to more damage

b) overhand and stab are more accurate and less likely to damage teammates

• xD is this thread staged or something?

• Mace is the game’s one true slash spam weapon. Makes me sad. No idea why mace slash does as much as mace overhead.

• @Warin:

xD is this thread staged or something?

If just everyone would think like the op….
    Yesterday I got tk’ed 3 lives in a row, I was so close to ragequitting…(and i never ragequit;))

Most people don’t even care if they hit you :/

• A bit off advice to avoid being tk’ed. If two of your teammates are taking on one enemy soldier, leave them too it. Either cover them or go find another enemy. Too many times do I see three or four plus players going for one guy. Which regular end with one or two tk’s from too many players swinging wildly at one guy.

Bide your time. Hold the line.

• Overhead and stab. Control your enemies’ movement, get out of their way of attack and try to hit their sides with an overhead. If you are attacking one enemy with 2-3 allies use stab.