Magic? Really? Come on guys..

• I’m sorry, but magic? That is so weak-seriously. Magic combat is everywhere and is massively immersion breaking because its stupid. I just wanted to give my two cents. How can you guys not see that Chivs popularity is largely due to its tone? Perhaps you guys are making a chiv sequel and keeping it under wraps, but if not and your putting all your future eggs in this basket…idk. Chiv is a game i have way more hours in than I should…it saddens me to see the spiritual follow-up will be infantile-well more infantile than Chiv already is anyway. So…Chiv–FANTASTIC action game. But magic-there is NO WAY you can make it good.

• @FasteddieMc said in Magic? Really? Come on guys..:

I’m sorry, but magic? That is so weak-seriously. Magic combat is everywhere and is massively immersion breaking because its stupid. I just wanted to give my two cents. How can you guys not see that Chivs popularity is largely due to its tone? Perhaps you guys are making a chiv sequel and keeping it under wraps, but if not and your putting all your future eggs in this basket…idk. Chiv is a game i have way more hours in than I should…it saddens me to see the spiritual follow-up will be infantile-well more infantile than Chiv already is anyway. So…Chiv–FANTASTIC action game. But magic-there is NO WAY you can make it good.

A game developing company doesn’t have to be a one trick pony…

They are trying to go out of their comfort zone by making Mirage. There was actually an article about why TB wasn’t making Chivalry 2—yet. I’ll post a link to the topic once I find it. But basically they wanted to expand their horizons before going back to the CMW franchise.

I wouldn’t say you can’t make a magic game good without actually playing it first lol.

Could they have improved on CMW before making Mirage? They could, and they should. But I think we should see how the new game goes before hating on it.

• I’d say this counts as giving a game a fair chance, right?

I mean, why play it when you can judge it by its cover?

• It’s almost as if people don’t read the Q&As.

The game is still very much melee at its core, but it has a unique spin on it with magic added. It’s definitely a bit different, but they’re the developers, they can produce what they want.

The fact that you completely deny the possibility of magic being a good addition shows how idiotic and stubborn you are.

• Um it’s not a sequel or related to Chivalry in any way, they wanted to make a different game sort of like Dice making Battlefield 4 than Battlefront, they aren’t in the same universe. You know, because space wizards.

• yeah mirrage… so far not good…
    Its one thing to go out of ones comfort zone but its entirely different to make yet another product when the problems of old have yet to be resolved. i agree with @FasteddieMc about this product. it feels like Tornbanner Studios have put all there eggs in one basket in the search for profit instead of fixing the original problems of CMW and then moving on. Magic combat is everywhere and there is nothing spectacular about it anymore. This isn’t the late 90’s, magic is in many prodcuts now. Chivalry is a decent game but still needs lots of work…(ROH and other animation breaking moves along with obvious hit/collision model problems being A # 1 on the list)
    On a more personal note i always felt that TBS (tornbanner studios) had the potential to be the next CS (Counter-Strike not CS:GO the crap version of CS) of its time and type but have so far squandered the opportunity. which is very sad considering this game was great shortly after release even with the bad interface and instability problems.

Fun fact about Mirrage i learned and i have pending questions toward the TB spokes person.
    ROH(revers over head) will still be possible but will do no damage in Mirrage…
    waiting on response about specifics and then i will have more questions based on said response.

TBS had a great opportunity with this product but from the outside looking in it appears that there pursuit of coin has so far out led the pursuit of a rock solid, decently made product in regards to CMW and possibly Mirrage as well.

• Developer

The “pursuit of coin” would have us make a sequel right away. It is semi insane from a business perspective not to immediately follow up one commerical success with a sequel. But we make games because we love doing it and we want to make the best games we can. The way we are doing magic has never been done before, adds a ton of variety to the combat and is something we can’t wait to get into the hands of players to see their real reactions. Chiv 2 will happen, we are excited about it and it will be amazing when it does. But mirage is an incredibly special game as well. I am looking forward to surprising people when it launches.

• @Tibberius I’m gonna be 30 and suffering from Carpel tunnel or something by the time Chiv 2 comes out!

• @Tibberius said in Magic? Really? Come on guys..:

Chiv 2 will happen, we are excited about it and it will be amazing when it does.

Any idea as to when we can expect to hear something about Chivalry 2?

• @Tibberius said in Magic? Really? Come on guys..:

The “pursuit of coin” would have us make a sequel right away. It is semi insane from a business perspective not to immediately follow up one commerical success with a sequel. But we make games because we love doing it and we want to make the best games we can. The way we are doing magic has never been done before, adds a ton of variety to the combat and is something we can’t wait to get into the hands of players to see their real reactions. Chiv 2 will happen, we are excited about it and it will be amazing when it does. But mirage is an incredibly special game as well. I am looking forward to surprising people when it launches.

I’m glad you confirmed chivalry two.

• personally the gore in these games is where they really shine. also i think adding magic to the mix will make a lot more interesting game then just going up to someone and clicking to stab them repeatably. i mean i love chivalry a lot but this game looks amazing and i can,t wait to play it. plus it nails the gore factor very well.

• Hey guys let’s all calm down I’m sure chivalry magic mod will be fun

• Maybe there’s “NO WAY” it can be made good for you because you don’t like the aesthetic of magic. But other people will enjoy it for different reasons. I know from your perspective you’re the protagonist of reality, but perhaps give it a try and you’ll surprise yourself? We can’t get everything we want in life, and even if we did it would be boring.

• This post is deleted!

• @Taco I know you really didn’t say anything, but be careful with the NDA and all.

• OP are u seriuous??? what’s the problem with magic??? it actually suits a videogame more than a realistic setting…

i played the alpha and so far (conceptually speaking) it is an uppgrade to chivalry on ALL aspects…

and Chiv wasn’t even a very realistic game…DIE BY THE SWORD and EXANIMA are the closest to reality when it comes to melee fighting

really I don’t understand u people…