Championships

• Recently I have been thinking, we have a lot of comp stuff going on for a $20 game. But there is one thing we don’t have… Championships.

Being the number 1 clan has always been up for debate and hasn’t carried very much weight other than who can beat who but there isn’t as much satisfaction u less you seriously won a championship.

Think about it, every sport and E sport has a championship of some kind.

MLB has its World Series
    NHL has its Stanley’s cup
    NFL has the Super Bowl
    NBA has the NBA Finals

Why don’t we have a championship of some kind? Maybe the winner doesn’t “win” anything money wise but I think it could work out.

Here’s how I was hoping it would run:
    Clans clan war as usual, as often and against whoever they want. After every quarter of the year we host a championship tournament. The top 4 clans in the world compete for the championship title. Instead of making a committee to rank clans for the active clans thread I was hoping we can make a committee to rank clans for the Quarterly Championship.

4 championships a year, 1 after every quarter

January- March (Suggest a name plz)

April- June (Suggest a name plz)

July- September (Summer Championship)

October- December (New Years Championship)

4 Clans Compete

Seed 1 fights Seed 4
    Seed 2 fights Seed 3
    and winners of these clan wars fight each other to determine the champion. I’m hoping the clan ranking system runs much like how the NCAA does it.

If every clan is down to do this it should be very easy to organize given that only 4 clans will fight and only the best clans make it. If we can get most clans on board I’d like to start in October and host a New Years Championship Tournament at the end of the quarter.

• Matches could be streamed via twitch and overall the community would benefit from the word getting around that there is an actual Championship for this game.

Clans would be motivated to get stronger as well. Rather than being content with just existing…

• This sounds like it could be a good idea. You’d definetly have to make it different to get to top 4 though. Can’t have the better players just grinding the worse players to get to the top :/

• I’m definitely down to do this. Every clan should have a ClanWar scheduled one day every week and by the end of 2 months the top record clans should have a playoffs bracket till the top 2 have the Chivs Superbowl match. When that ends all records erase and we start all over again like the NFL.

• @SDS-NewAgeKnight
    I made a comment in that clan rank thread about a league. Here’s previous comment cause I’m too lazy to retype.

• @Naleaus We are on the same page lol

• @Zer0x593 said in Championships:

This sounds like it could be a good idea. You’d definetly have to make it different to get to top 4 though. Can’t have the better players just grinding the worse players to get to the top :/

I definitely agree. That’s why I wanted it to be like the NCAA college football. Where rankings are also dependant on the teams you win or lose to and by what margin.

For example a clan cannot just grind lower tier clans and go 4-0 and expect a number 1 spot, especially when another clan might have gone 3-0 but played against much tougher opponents

• @SDS-NewAgeKnight said in Championships:

I’m definitely down to do this. Every clan should have a ClanWar scheduled one day every week and by the end of 2 months the top record clans should have a playoffs bracket till the top 2 have the Chivs Superbowl match. When that ends all records erase and we start all over again like the NFL.

I definitely agree with that but many people simply can’t stick to a schedule, that’s kind of why clan warring is like it is today.

I was hoping to do a compromise there and allow clans to war independently against whoever they feel they need to war against in order to get into the final 4 but still weigh a clans ranking on who they fought against and their overall record for that quarter of the year.

• Banned

@AK maybe a set number of wars they must do in the quarter. For example every clan must do 10 wars in the 3 month period. Then, based on that number you can pull all of your other stats. You could also base part of your top 4 on how many individual round wins they have. Say SDS and TGL both have 7 wins, but SDS won with a larger net score, meaning taking each war and subtracting the number of rounds they lost from the number of rounds they won and using that number, SDS would be ranked higher. Make sense?

• Makes sense. Much of what I hope to do is just branched off from a thread a couple days ago…

I agree with this

Also hoping to have an Official Rankings Council to help rank all of the clans for the Quarterly championship.

Also plz suggest names for what each quarters championship can be called :p

• Banned

If the Salt Bowl isn’t one Imma be pissed

• @epickillmaster how many wars for each quarter do you think? I mean for starters, how much do clans war now each month, like once or twice?

Maybe 6 Clan Wars required?

This would also jump start the community a bit as some clans have stopped clan warring and just kind of hangout nowadays

• Banned

@AK So my thought is that you have to war each clan once each quarter. So if, say, Valhalla was warring SDS and wanted it to count as our league match, then we would have to announce that that is a league match and instead of the stream being uploaded to individual YouTube channels, have it uploaded to a console league channel on YouTube ect. Since as of right now we only have like 8 active clans that would mean that each clan would be required to do 7 clan wars (check my math could be 8) one with each clan, and could do as many non-league wars as they want, but those wouldn’t count toward their standing in the quarterly championship. I also think that all of the clans who have won the championships(assuming it isn’t the same one every time) should fight in an end of the year championship, The Salt Bowl, to see who the top clan of the year is.

• Banned

Hopefully this will bring more attention to our game and more people will play, more clans will form, and we will have to come up with an idea for a class A class B type deal, but we can figure all that out when we have to.

• Banned

@epickillmaster Plus if we attract more people to the game we might finally get that update we have been longing for :)

• @epickillmaster said in Championships:

@AK So my thought is that you have to war each clan once each quarter. So if, say, Valhalla was warring SDS and wanted it to count as our league match, then we would have to announce that that is a league match and instead of the stream being uploaded to individual YouTube channels, have it uploaded to a console league channel on YouTube ect. Since as of right now we only have like 8 active clans that would mean that each clan would be required to do 7 clan wars (check my math could be 8) one with each clan, and could do as many non-league wars as they want, but those wouldn’t count toward their standing in the quarterly championship. I also think that all of the clans who have won the championships(assuming it isn’t the same one every time) should fight in an end of the year championship, The Salt Bowl, to see who the top clan of the year is.

Yeah. We would need full participation from clans but if we can get everyone on board we can definitely make it happen. We are doing TB a favor imo… the comp scene has honestly saved this community. Half the players that actively play the game are only here for the clans.

• Banned

@AK So true, and hey, maybe if we do something for them, they will do something for us, you never know.

• @epickillmaster said in Championships:

@AK So true, and hey, maybe if we do something for them, they will do something for us, you never know.

Possibly… Maybe we can attract MGA to help us out a bit. Idk

• @AK said in Championships:

@epickillmaster said in Championships:

Possibly… Maybe we can attract MGA to help us out a bit. Idk

@Exile ^

• Banned