Will spamming voice commands not be a thing at all?

• I noticed that voice command spam filter. It’s a bit saddening that I can’t spam the voice commands, like me and all my buddies do in Chivalry. Perhaps it’s because it also shows up on the chat, rather than just your character saying it to anyone in ear shot.

I assume this is going to be permanent in TO and such modes, but I would like to request not having it in FFA, as that mode is all about goofing around.

• It’s definitely a problem imo, and it extends further than just spamming voices.

Character voices are often used to provide intel as well as provide comedic effect. With the current restriction to using the voice commands, I can’t laugh a few times and then yell “BEHIND YOU!” if I see someone coming up from our rear, due to voice spam restriction. Parameters are far too tight, and honestly probably don’t need to exist at all.

• They could just make a restriction on how it appears in the chatbox.

• @Xylvion Honestly I don’t think they need to appear in chatbox at all.

• @Kreittis I think it’s convinient for things such as “retreat, forward, behind” etc. Perhaps not so much for taunts and the like.

• Developer

Thanks for the input.

The current voice limiter is pretty rough, it definitely restricts things at the wrong times and will be adjusted in the future.

• IMO there shouldn’t be any limiters. Just give us the option to mute character voices and everybody will be happy.

• @seklay with no limiters at all, you could assign VOs to a high-speed macro and crash everyone’s client plus the server with voice file overload. Please understand that we need limiters for everything; it’s just finding the right level of those limits that make things bearable without becoming overwhelming.

• @Sir-Boring said in Will spamming voice commands not be a thing at all?:

I assume this is going to be permanent in TO and such modes, but I would like to request not having it in FFA, as that mode is all about goofing around.

Yeah about that. FFA has a chance of not being a thing.

• In fact, taunt spam restriction was the very first thing i notice, please TB, get rid of this!