Port

• Ok, we all know that the main platform for chiv, and the one the debs care about the most is PC. Right, no arguments there. However, what annoys and suprised me is the fact that the port has about half the stuff the original had. It has no user creations because activitision are lazy, none of all the cool armour or weapon packs, and half the maps. Wtf? The maps aren’t user created, so why the hell can’t tb just update? @Reithur

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Acidic-Wolf Activision. Handles. All. Console. Updates.

Edit; also moved to console section.

• I heard there’s an update coming around December. It can be a small little bug fix or a large one where new skins weapons hit box revamp fps increase and dedicated servers are added. I mean Fallout 4 has mods.

Tbh even if they just fix the hit boxes and advantages lag brings I’ll be coo with that. One person lagging shouldn’t make everyone start skipping and kingorama shouldn’t be able to get kills cheaply like he does abusing lag…

• Users did create the maps actually. They had a map contest sometime ago.

• @Acidic-Wolf said in Port:

Ok, we all know that the main platform for chiv, and the one the debs care about the most is PC. Right, no arguments there. However, what annoys and suprised me is the fact that the port has about half the stuff the original had. It has no user creations because activitision are lazy, none of all the cool armour or weapon packs, and half the maps. Wtf? The maps aren’t user created, so why the hell can’t tb just update? @Reithur

TB can’t update because Activision has the licensing. And the people at Activision are a bunch of assholes who don’t care. We had long discussion about this last year. TB cares about all their products equally and if they could they would update the console version in a heartbeat… They just can’t. It’s not TB’s fault

• @General-Firefly Torn Banner should ask Activision for the licensing to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. It would both improve Torn Banner’s reputation and give them good publicity showing that they care about their community and give us a better game, it’s a win-win. And we all know how you love winning, General.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3
    Then TBS would have to pay for servers, implement them, figure out how consoles work, figure out what Activision changed to get it to work, all while in the middle of an alpha for their new product while still being an indie dev.

• @Naleaus Hm, I understand. Perhaps TB would do that after they release Mirage: Arcane Warfare, or they would make Chivalry 2 since they have learned from what they did wrong for the Console port :P I do hope Chivalry 2 still has the Maul :D

• @GeneralGatelo said in Port:

I heard there’s an update coming around December. It can be a small little bug fix or a large one where new skins weapons hit box revamp fps increase and dedicated servers are added. I mean Fallout 4 has mods.

Tbh even if they just fix the hit boxes and advantages lag brings I’ll be coo with that. One person lagging shouldn’t make everyone start skipping and kingorama shouldn’t be able to get kills cheaply like he does abusing lag…

I don’t know why or where people are hearing rumours about console updates, but unless they come directly from Activision and can be backed by a linked article, you should assume that they are just rumours.

• @Reithur Out of curiosity, was Activision the first choice? No offense, but anyone worth their controller knows that Activision is a notoriously bad company when it comes to taking care of customers. :/

• @GeneralGatelo said in Port:

I heard there’s an update coming around December. It can be a small little bug fix or a large one where new skins weapons hit box revamp fps increase and dedicated servers are added. I mean Fallout 4 has mods.

Where did you hear this?

• @AK the voices in his head

• @Capn-Clinch said in Port:

@AK the voices in his head

Lol someone’s salty they got the savage sit down in that Ffa pub. Learn to read a feint. And nah I forgot who told me first but a lot of people were talking about a scheduled chiv update during the holidays and said it was gonna be the last one. We’ll see if it’s true soon and if it is a lot of people who think they’re good by lagging will become a lot worse… as of now you can hit someone on your screen at 999 ping and the other guy can be at 30 ping and duck your rt spam but because you didn’t see the duck you still hit them… and that shouldn’t be a thing. Lag shouldn’t be endorsed. If you have a lower ping and you parry last second but they don’t see it your swing shouldnt deal damage. Doing so will fix the lag togglers like Hide yo and the foreign RT spammer like kingorama and luciferscross

• @GeneralGatelo
    You’re dumb and have no clue how client side hit detection works or the fact that this isn’t fixable by a patch. There isn’t going to be one anyways, quit making shit up.

• @GeneralGatelo wtf is up with you always thinking that people are purposely spiking their ping up n shit. what are you? like a fckn conspiracy theorist or some shit? chill dude

• @GeneralGatelo I didn’t read any of that but if savage means 4messersv1 on an archer (me) then ya sure I guess you’re as savage as they come

• @GeneralGatelo I hate LucifersCross… always in an EU deathmatch early in the morning with 300 ping ;-;

• @Practice-Knight said in Port:

@GeneralGatelo wtf is up with you always thinking that people are purposely spiking their ping up n shit. what are you? like a fckn conspiracy theorist or some shit? chill dude

Have you ever in your life fought Richardsmomshot? I mean it’s not hard to send packets to your router to go crazy I was in a party with him one time with sds and I heard him mention it

@Naleaus said in Port:

@GeneralGatelo
    You’re dumb and have no clue how client side hit detection works or the fact that this isn’t fixable by a patch. There isn’t going to be one anyways, quit making shit up.

You make statements saying that created games are dedicated servers when it’s temporary non-dedicated. Where are you getting your information from this is on console. Who pays to create the infinite amount of private servers and why if someone in said aforementioned private server lags the entire server can feel it. (From experience at plethoras of clan wars and other private games.)

@Capn-Clinch I mean I pulled my fist out and you did a sweaty combo spam and tried to run away when you were one hit. Should I make a Montage video I got sum good clips of it bby