Mouse sensitivity during actions is lowered too much…

• I feel that, right now, the mouse slowdown during actions like parrying or swinging is too much for low sensitivity users.

I come from an fps background and I use low sensitivity - without moving the wrist, twisting hand from fully left to fully right (about 10 inches of mouse movement) gives a 360 degree turn. This is something a lot of dedicated/pro fps players use to improve their aim with hitscan weapons. Some use even lower sensitivity with mouse acceleration.

However, lower sensitivity users are at a disadvantage in Chivalry.
    This is because the mouse sens is lowered during actions, by something like a factor of 3-4. I often find myself running out of mousepad space when trying to turn the mouse during swings, and I have a large pad (a little larger than Surface 1030).
    A high sensitivity user would put more effort and make a larger mouse movement, but someone like myself would run out of the mouse pad space.

Of course, I could increase my sensitivity, but it would feel very unnatural to me. I play fps games and Chivalry concurrently, so switching between very different mouse sensitivities constantly is detrimental to me and players like me, I feel. Perhaps this situation even diminishes competitive edge of this game for low sens users.

Could we please not decrease the mouse sensitivity during actions that much? Maybe double the current sens during actions?

Thanks. Please comment.

• 24 hour bump

Would love to hear a developer comment on this.

• Developer

The slowdown during swings is not related to mouse sensitivity at all, so you have no disadvantage. It is based on a maximum screen movement rate, and is in place to prevent players from being able to abuse the swingtrace system (as was common practice in aoc).

• @Tibberius:

The slowdown during swings is not related to mouse sensitivity at all, so you have no disadvantage. It is based on a maximum screen movement rate, and is in place to prevent players from being able to abuse the swingtrace system (as was common practice in aoc).

Thank god you guys did that! That was a brilliant idea.

• @Andrew:

@Tibberius:

Thank god you guys did that! That was a brilliant idea.

So true.

• arch2:

You feel that, PERSONALLY, your mouse sensitivity is too low to be effective in combat. So, you want the developers to change the game and increase EVERYONE’s sensitivty because you have a personal problem?
    a. It’s illogical of you, and b. I don’t think that playing different game with different mouse sensitivities is going to decrease your effectiveness, just as different games have different controls and you can use all of them naturally, even when playing several games concurrently.

And even if it will decrease your effectiveness, it’s your problem and not the developers’ (unless many people feel the same way).

• yeah i have the same problem. the sensitivity is too low for me too. but if its like that for everybody i guess its ok. i just wish there was some customization. i had my sensitivity way up there because i also taught that mouse look sens and action sens are related, but now that i know they are not ill lower it. i also don’t really understand what does “maximum screen movement rate” means.

• But you can’t use low mouse sensitivity on Chivalry. This is a melee game and not a shooter.
    The sensitivity redection is precisely to the players cannot walking around spinning with your weapons and help you to aim the target when using a bow/crossbow. You don’t need to use low sensitivity.

It would be terrible if they increased the sensitivity when you swing… I can already fell the team mates chopping my head off.