Vaulting

• I did a search and didn’t seem to find one about this topic so here I go. Vaulting seems very unclear to me. I could use an option to make it more clear by having little hands on the ledges or something along those lines so that I’m not guessing or having to learn by rubbing my body against a bunch of walls. (Unless that is the intention?)

If that’s the case, it’s not very fun. The move speed to animation sync seems a bit off for some characters too.

• I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

• I did too tbh. I’m sure on release a tutorial that includes an explanation of the vaulting mechanics (once they are finalized) would be better to ease the curve for those that want an easier curve.

• It’s rather intuitive, reminds me a lot of S.M.A.R.T. parkour from garrysmod. I’m sure there will also be tooltips and stuff later on down the road.

Really it’s just look up and mash space+W on ledges that aren’t too far away. Once you get a feel for the distance, it all flows normally.

• Lot of ongoing work regarding vault, we definitely want to provide meaningful indications as to where you can vault, specific feedback regarding places you find really unclear will be super helpful!

• Great addition to the game. It’s fluid when it works and adds a different approach to the game modes. Obviously there are walls you can’t vault over, but the ability to jump off a gap and vault over a close wall feels amazing. It just diversifies the mobility of the characters and coupling that with the various mobility abilities that characters have on their F key, it makes the game faster. It also allows for different attack and defense routes for classes that you wouldn’t really think much about. If TBS can tweak the attack speed of the game along with the some what slow sprint speed, the pacing will be awesome.

• @Fatal-Seabass can you please talk some more about attack speeds and sprinting speeds?

• @Reithur Absolutely! So to me, Chivalry/Arcane Warfare has always had two distinctly different phases during a fight: the square off and the actual skirmish. So in Arcane Warfare, the square off is the same. You both wait to see who will do what i.e throw the first swing, do tricky feint set ups to bait the block, run away, or the new and appealing cast the first spell. What follows is what many people have always found appealing about the game, the actual skirmish.The back and forth between properly parried attacks followed by quick ripostes is entertaining, especially when done against a good opponent. The same applies in Arcane Warfare, which is great ESPECIALLY considering the new spell element, but there are times where the windup of attacks feel like it takes years. Shoutouts to TSB Vosros who was not only a really kind gentleman and person to play both with and against but also sickest Entropist I’ve seen. But there were times where I would see him and the windup of the Entropist’s LMB took AGES to reach me. I’m not sure if it was an animation thing or a game speed thing, but outside of the ripostes, the attacks felt slow.

As for the sprint speed, I’m not sure if this was a bug, but when you’re sprinting and you tap the left or right key while sprinting, you walk really slow. I’m not sure if it’s because of the sprint state(?) that the characters can go into which is noted by the wind break UI around the screen, but if you shuffle to the side while sprinting with the keys, you just slow down. It wasn’t that big of a deal but it was something to keep in mind when sprinting.

• @Fatal-Seabass Thanks for expanding on this!