I need this answered - Rant/(MAYBE) bug info

• Okay, so I spent $25 buying this game on steam. Of course, I thought it was going to be a fun game. I’m into first person games as well as medieval times. Now, if I could take my 25 back, I would.

This game is ridiculous. I’ve been playing for hours and all I have to say is, this game is buggy. Here is a list I comprised of the bugs:

1. Balista arms - Sometimes when you are using the balista and get off of it, your arms are deformed. You don’t know whether or not your character is responding to what you are clicking making it harder for the game to be enjoyed.

2. Shields are broken - Here is one that I have been annoyed by the most. Shields…are just plain broken. I use them the way I’m supposed to, I try and block, and boom. I get hit. My shield is still up (as in, i’m still in the same position with my shield still up), but my character takes damage. Also, for me, it makes the sound of someone hitting my shield, yet when I ask the other player, he tells me my shield was down. That is a major issue. I don’t know what caused it, but it’s been happening to me a lot. I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and that has done nothing to the issue.

3. One hit like a pro - Okay, so this one is 2nd to the “Shields are broken” issue. I was wondering, sometimes as a knight, I get 1 hit buy a javelin (spear(?), it’s the archer throwing weapon…sorry…was too annoyed by the game to pay attention to the names). No, no one hit a “head shot” on me. I just die randomly and while in spectator mode, I look at my body to see where it hit. What do you know, it hits in my chest or leg.

There are a few more rants/bugs I wanted to go over, but I don’t remember them. Anyway, thank you for reading this. Also, I do know that to block I have to look at the weapon of the person I am trying to block. I do, and it still does not work, so obviously it’s not me. I’ll be happy to record the next game I play just to prove it (it happens in every game to me). As of now, if I had the opportunity, I would return the game and get my money back. But obviously, I got the game off steam, so I could forget about returning it. I have played with a few friends and I ‘duel’ with them during the game just for fun (yeah, I do that when I get bored), anyway they also said that the ‘shield bug’ happens to them, only one of them said that their shield worked fine.

• For starters you are posting in the wrong section as you want to post this in the Chivalry section under General Discussion and not Under the Age of Chivalry Free Mod section. This first off tells me your inability to figure out the simplest of things. How about you play the game for a week and figure out some of it’s complexities before you start ranting about issues and how you are getting your ass handed too you? How about you actually read some of the forum to see if these issues are already addressed or maybe there are tips that may help you?

@ItDoesntWork:

Okay, so I spent $25 buying this game on steam. Of course, I thought it was going to be a fun game. I’m into first person games as well as medieval times. Now, if I could take my 25 back, I would.

This game is ridiculous. I’ve been playing for hours and all I have to say is, this game is buggy. Here is a list I comprised of the bugs:

1. Balista arms - Sometimes when you are using the balista and get off of it, your arms are deformed. You don’t know whether or not your character is responding to what you are clicking making it harder for the game to be enjoyed.

2. Shields are broken - Here is one that I have been annoyed by the most. Shields…are just plain broken. I use them the way I’m supposed to, I try and block, and boom. I get hit. My shield is still up (as in, i’m still in the same position with my shield still up), but my character takes damage. Also, for me, it makes the sound of someone hitting my shield, yet when I ask the other player, he tells me my shield was down. That is a major issue. I don’t know what caused it, but it’s been happening to me a lot. I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game and that has done nothing to the issue.

3. One hit like a pro - Okay, so this one is 2nd to the “Shields are broken” issue. I was wondering, sometimes as a knight, I get 1 hit buy a javelin (spear(?), it’s the archer throwing weapon…sorry…was too annoyed by the game to pay attention to the names). No, no one hit a “head shot” on me. I just die randomly and while in spectator mode, I look at my body to see where it hit. What do you know, it hits in my chest or leg.

There are a few more rants/bugs I wanted to go over, but I don’t remember them. Anyway, thank you for reading this. Also, I do know that to block I have to look at the weapon of the person I am trying to block. I do, and it still does not work, so obviously it’s not me. I’ll be happy to record the next game I play just to prove it (it happens in every game to me). As of now, if I had the opportunity, I would return the game and get my money back. But obviously, I got the game off steam, so I could forget about returning it. I have played with a few friends and I ‘duel’ with them during the game just for fun (yeah, I do that when I get bored), anyway they also said that the ‘shield bug’ happens to them, only one of them said that their shield worked fine.

• @Retsnom:

For starters you are posting in the wrong section as you want to post this in the Chivalry section under General Discussion and not Under the Age of Chivalry Free Mod section. This first off tells me your inability to figure out the simplest of things. How about you play the game for a week and figure out some of it’s complexities before you start ranting about issues and how you are getting your ass handed too you? How about you actually read some of the forum to see if these issues are already addressed or maybe there are tips that may help you?

@ItDoesntWork:

Okay, so I spent $25 buying this game on steam. Of course, I thought it was going to be a fun game. I’m into first person games as well as medieval times. Now, if I could take my 25 back, I would.

I’m new to the forums. You could have been a little nicer. Shows how ignorant and rude you are as well. You could have just told me “You posted this in the wrong section” and I would’ve been fine with moving it. Also, where is the “Chivalry” section in General Discussion?

• I agree that we don’t need to have a negative tone when helping folks out.

1)Ballista Arms - I’ve had this happen to me once on Battlegrounds, and I’ve used the ballistas on all the levels many many times. Once you die the bug is gone so it’s not really a game breaker by any stretch.

1. Shields are not broken - you need to point your shield at the weapon tip as it approaches you, not just facing your enemy. You also need to hold the shield down, not tap the button like a normal parry with a weapon. Also, when you’re shield bashing with shove, attacks will go through your shield since you’re not blocking.

2. It depends on the javelin being used against you, there are three types and the heaviest one does the most damage.

What I think is you need practice. The new players haven’t figured out the nuances and I’m constantly side stepping people’s shields and hitting them while they block. They don’t realize when I’m up close and swinging a weapon that my arm is wrapping around their shield.

• i have similar complaints about shields,up to the point where i dont use them anymore.

while shields seem to perform oke against ranged attacks(as would be expected)in melee i get hit at least 50% of the time that im blocking with my shield,i try to look towards the enemy weapon when blocking,but the shield takes away alot of vision when held,in comparison blocking with a weapon i can easely block 3 out of 4 attacks if not more.

so it strikes me as very weird that i have a much easier time blocking without a shield then with a shield.either im doing it wrong,or the shield mechanic is kinda crap

• tover - you can increase your field of view in video options, which will greatly decrease the amount of your screen which your shield blocks, as well as giving you better peripheral vision in general.

Shields are a bit harder to get used to, but they’re pretty overpowered once you can use them. They totally negate a lot of more advanced tactics like feinting or pulling attacks.

• Well at least I’m not feeling so alone anymore in this. Some other people are finally saying what I’ve experienced. And to say that you need more practice is silly when you’ve put in 20 hrs and still find the same faults. You’ll just start to play round the bugs instead or drop the game entirely.

Don’t defend the game because you like it no matter what. If you don’t experience these issues then that’s good for you but there are apparently quite a few of us that get stumped by these problems.

Increasing my field of view will be my next step for sure because I often do get blindsided by someone wanting an easy kill.

I’m still having issues with hit detection myself. Dishing out and receiving blows sometimes goes completely through the player model not even registering.

As I’ve said in my previous post. There was a large gap between me and my opponent, low ping, I strike dead on target with my pike, nothing happens. He strikes from the same distance with a short sword and I die in one body hit with no previous damage and nobody else around.

This has happened more than once for me to find it a little strange and frustrating.

• @Secundus:

I agree that we don’t need to have a negative tone when helping folks out.

1)Ballista Arms - I’ve had this happen to me once on Battlegrounds, and I’ve used the ballistas on all the levels many many times. Once you die the bug is gone so it’s not really a game breaker by any stretch.

1. Shields are not broken - you need to point your shield at the weapon tip as it approaches you, not just facing your enemy. You also need to hold the shield down, not tap the button like a normal parry with a weapon. Also, when you’re shield bashing with shove, attacks will go through your shield since you’re not blocking.

2. It depends on the javelin being used against you, there are three types and the heaviest one does the most damage.

What I think is you need practice. The new players haven’t figured out the nuances and I’m constantly side stepping people’s shields and hitting them while they block. They don’t realize when I’m up close and swinging a weapon that my arm is wrapping around their shield.

I do point my shield at my opponent’s weapon. I learned from blocking with 2 handed weapons. However, I can’t block as many attacks with a shield. Also, I haven’t taken a screenshot, but I will try next time I’m in game, but spears clipped through my shield. As in, the tip of the spear went THROUGH the shield and was visible on my screen. That can’t be a blocking issue. He wasn’t on my side and it was a straight jab.

• @ItDoesntWork:

I’m new to the forums. You could have been a little nicer. Shows how ignorant and rude you are as well. You could have just told me “You posted this in the wrong section” and I would’ve been fine with moving it. Also, where is the “Chivalry” section in General Discussion?

Obviously you are new to a lot which is fine. Again, a few minutes doing a little research would have answered your questions, even finding the correct section to post on a second time. Point being, you totally negated the actual help I was giving you in favor of being offended. The reasons why the forum is here is to help you but if you are not willing to help yourself and actually read some previous posts and actually give this complex game time to learn the system you have no real leg to stand on.

Even my own clan members that were complaining about the game have started to love it given a few more hours of play and I told them the same thing, give it time learn the combat system. It will probably be a good month or two before the real issues are flushed out if there are any at all.

• ItDoesntWork, if you could record it, I’d like to see that if possible. :)

@Retsnom:

@ItDoesntWork:

Obviously you are new to a lot which is fine. Again, a few minutes doing a little research would have answered your questions, even finding the correct section to post on a second time. Point being, you totally negated the actual help I was giving you in favor of being offended. The reasons why the forum is here is to help you but if you are not willing to help yourself and actually read some previous posts and actually give this complex game time to learn the system you have no real leg to stand on.

Even my own clan members that were complaining about the game have started to love it given a few more hours of play and I told them the same thing, give it time learn the combat system. It will probably be a good month or two before the real issues are flushed out if there are any at all.

You’re not all too friendly and actually if you’d have just ignored the post instead of answering it in the way you’re doing, it would have been more beneficial to him and yourself.

Not everyone has a lot of spare time and if they do they certainly don’t want to spend it all on one game just to learn how to deal with faulty game mechanics or “research” forums.

Being the Obvious internet pro that you are, how about you take a break and go work on your people skills before rudely replying to this one. Talk about inabilities…

• @Aelius:

Well at least I’m not feeling so alone anymore in this. Some other people are finally saying what I’ve experienced. And to say that you need more practice is silly when you’ve put in 20 hrs and still find the same faults. You’ll just start to play round the bugs instead or drop the game entirely.

I’ve been playing for… I’m not sure, actually, counting all of the alpha and beta time, definitely well over 200 hours, and I’m still learning. I’m still not very good with shields, but I know a lot of players who have played far less than me and are amazing with them, and it’s very frustrating to fight them, as the usual tactics to slip around the shield of an inexperienced player simply don’t work.

• @Aelius:

You’re not all too friendly and actually if you’d have just ignored the post instead of answering it in the way you’re doing, it would have been more beneficial to him and yourself.

Not everyone has a lot of spare time and if they do they certainly don’t want to spend it all on one game just to learn how to deal with faulty game mechanics or “research” forums.

Being the Obvious internet pro that you are, how about you take a break and go work on your people skills before rudely replying to this one. Talk about inabilities…

It doesn’t take a pro to take a few mins to read and look up stuff. Google is your friend, this forum is your friend. If you have enough time to belly ache about something, you have enough time to look into it before you do. I know, right? Reading is a bitch when I want instant gratification.

• @SlyGoat:

@Aelius:

Well at least I’m not feeling so alone anymore in this. Some other people are finally saying what I’ve experienced. And to say that you need more practice is silly when you’ve put in 20 hrs and still find the same faults. You’ll just start to play round the bugs instead or drop the game entirely.

I’ve been playing for… I’m not sure, actually, counting all of the alpha and beta time, definitely well over 200 hours, and I’m still learning. I’m still not very good with shields, but I know a lot of players who have played far less than me and are amazing with them, and it’s very frustrating to fight them, as the usual tactics to slip around the shield of an inexperienced player simply don’t work.

I used your tip on widening the field of view. It definitely helps when blocking and attacking. In fact, my hits seem to connect better than before. I guess the angle at which you strike and block does a lot more than I previously thought.

@Retsnom slaps you with a gauntlet

• I see you read a tip in used it…. nuff said.

• I’m so sick of people hitting through my shield. In third person you can clearly see that the shield covers the whole left side of the character and I point it to the tip of the weapon that strikes me.
    The problem begins when they get up close. When they strike with a swing on my shield side, it seems to totally fuck out and strike right through the shield.

It’s not like the arms and weapons are made out of rubber.
    Might aswell run around and hit eachother with big rubber dildos.

• something else i noticed that is rly weird,when playing man at arms often when i block with the shield my vision goes into the ground(its like im up to my neck in the ground)after this happens(happens alot) i can not run anymore.wtf is going on with that,makes man at arms with shield even more useless(yes i tried the shield again in hopes i would find a little more usefull but no such luck)

the field of vision thing did help a little with the shield not blocking half my screen. but when turned to 120 things start looking weird.