Bow & Crossbow Projectile Speed

• The slower the projectile speed, the more luck is needed to get a wanted hit (less planning). When I use a longbow, for example, I want to do shots out of a long range. When I want to assist my teammate from distance, I have to “plan” their struggeling movement. So from a far distance it is nearly inpossible to do that, since the projectile speed is too low.
    So I´d like faster projectiles to make accuracier shots. I know this affect the balance, too but there must be a way to do accuracier shots! I am sick of doing headshots to teammates instead of foes (when I release a shot while a teammate is running to the same opponent, he runs into my shot, even if there where “enough” distance (from teammate to oponent) & “enough” time. The feedback of shoot-hit feels just to slow.
    When I felt right, the crossbow did slower shots? I thought the main difference between bows & crossbows were that the crossbows have a lower distance but have faster projectiles while the Longbows have a larger distance but lower projectiles? However I love Crossbows (and I played them so much in war of the roses) but in chivalry I avoid them.

I think a shot from a “middle” distance should take 0.4-0.6 seconds, a near 0.2-0.3 and a far distance ~0.8 seconds.

• I will repeat this mantra to the end of time:

Projectile speed on ranged weapons should be increased, base damage reduced, and headshot multiplier modified so that headshots do the same damage as current. Would lower skill floor and heighten skill ceiling, giving a wider range of differentiation between a new and experienced archer, while still letting new archers have a higher degree of success than current.

• And they must remove crosshair… this is not quake ! we are in medieval era !

• yes !! remove croshair for all players. And increase damage arrow to equalize.

• I think the cross hair is a little bit out of context with this game. What would be a cool replacement is a blurred focus where the center of your screen is clear, and your peripheral vision darkens/blurs. This however would only work if the arrow/bolt speeds where increased as it would create a disadvantage for the archers so they would need something to make up for the impaired vision. This would also encourage less running around with a fully drawn bow or cocked crossbow in your face.

• I play with bow much better with no crosshair ,i was amazed how good i shot with no crosshair, the only problem is with the javelin… but i have a suggestion to use left hand in front and target with the help of the top of the hand fingers… like in AoC javelineer and knight throwing axes.

• @SlyGoat:

I will repeat this mantra to the end of time:

Projectile speed on ranged weapons should be increased, base damage reduced, and headshot multiplier modified so that headshots do the same damage as current. Would lower skill floor and heighten skill ceiling, giving a wider range of differentiation between a new and experienced archer, while still letting new archers have a higher degree of success than current.

I agree completely, but I think they should make the shortbow have an even higher rate of fire if they are going to do that, it’s so bad right now lmfao.