Archer improvements

• I found it very fun playing archer on last man standing mode. Using crossbow I use hit an run tactics, combined with skills in close quarters gained trough beta testing it is very fun. :D
    Playing it for some time I would say that its good balanced class, but some really weird stuff is also apparently added.

Gigantic shield on your back, okay… Pretty practical for objective style matches, not anything else. I’d rather remove it than run around with it. (I do, I lay it on the ground in the spawn :( )
    Why not just don’t use it then? You may ask. Well because I become a frigging gigantic walking wooden plank everyone can see. Rather hard sneaking around the enemies with that thing!

I would like to you could choose not to use it, or better choose another special item. Like a few throwing knifes or a fire pot.
    Maybe even the small javalin shield (Buckler I think its named) you could use. I think its small enough not to be a hinder of being spotted, it’s not a very good shield, but useble. Also archer class can choose it if you use javalin, so it makes sense to add it.

Heavy crossbow, I remember this thing 1 shot killing vanguards i the beta. You nerfed it good, lol. Anyway, its pretty useless right now. 5% more damage doesn’t have any meaning vs faster reload (standard crossbow). Now I don’t want it to be increased in damage, but more penetration against Knights. (Ignores armor defense)
    Othwise it’s sad how such a cool model, animation and what seems like alot of good work put into it, let to waste.

• The pavise is useful for blocking enemy projectiles while it’s on your back, making you virtually immune to ranged attacks from behind. But I agree an alternative would be good.

• Its nice to see someone using their head, I really like your tactic to leave your pavise once you spawn. Maybe the developers should make an alternative to pick your load-out without the pavise?

• @SlyGoat:

The pavise is useful for blocking enemy projectiles while it’s on your back, making you virtually immune to ranged attacks from behind. But I agree an alternative would be good.

It “does” protect you against shots from behind, though most likely you won’t “ever” have your back the the enemy as archer. I rarly have that problem.
    When you reload you show off your ass then you can be shot, It is mostly useless in my eyes.
    But you can sometimes use it to block/hinder paths, that can be practical.

@wildwulfy:

Its nice to see someone using their head, I really like your tactic to leave your pavise once you spawn. Maybe the developers should make an alternative to pick your load-out without the pavise?

Thx, Last man standing is the only mode were archer is “useful” for the team, imho.
    Also It’s friggin hilarious when knights attack me and seem to think: “hurgh hurgh, tiny little archer, me kill you with ma long sword you have no chance!” Then I pwn him with dodging, blocks and stabbing. :D
    Yes, I really think that is should be something customisable, making you able to choose how to fight your fighting style is a very amazing game mechanic. This wouldn’t destroy balance or anything. Actually this rather useless if you don’t adjust your playstyle with it :P

• Agreed.

Letting a crossbowman choose between a pavise and a buckler(it’s not really a buckler but oh well) would be welcome.

Not that it would really change how I’m always killed in melee by my own kill greedy allies as opposed to the attack spamming Vanguards and Knights.

But I digress.

• @Thaif:

Agreed.

Letting a crossbowman choose between a pavise and a buckler(it’s not really a buckler but oh well) would be welcome.

It is a buckler!! Just look at their offical site media site.

Also I noticed, when you use seconday weapons and shield, you can’t seem to de-equip the shield. Thereby you can’t use only the 1 hand weapon alone. Which kinda sucks, because the buckler and small shields aren’t that practical for close combat.

I played around some more with the heavy crossbow. It is much better than I though! The small damage difference and what seems to be more penetration you can also 1 shot man at arms. You cannot do that with the standard crossbow. Also awesome you can now kill knights with one shot if you hit the head!! AWESOME. I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before. This makes the heavy crossbow worth the longer reload!
    It’s now my fav crossbow. :D Glad the devs are looking into details. 8-)