How to play with a friend?

• Hi guys

First of all I want to make it clear that I’m kind of ignorant when it comes to setting up servers and messing around with files, so take it easy on me.

Moving on, what I want to know is: how can I, player with steam version, play with a friend, player with not-so-legal version on a server hosted by myself? I’m trying to convince him to buy the game but we’re having some trouble setting up a server to play a bit. I’ve tried to set up a lan (Tunngle and Hamachi), but even if I could manage to host one and even log in with “console open 127.0.0.1”, when it came down to him joining it problems would arise. He wouldn’t get any error, but the command wouldn’t do anything.

Was wondering if the game allowed the creation of servers and connection trough direct IPs like perhaps Dark Messiah: Might & Magic or M&B:Warband, any chance?

If anything is not clear just ask, it will be deeply appreciated if somebody can come up with an answer!

Ps. even if he still hasn’t bought the game I assure you that he will if he enjoys it, we’re talking about a guy who has >120 games on steam and 2 accounts!

• Not sure why you would come to the official game forums expecting help with a pirated version of the game.