Taunt suggestions

• 1. My Most Sincere Apologies! I Appear to Have Trodden Upon Your Spine.

2. Ahh, Another Notch To My Blade

3. When In Doubt, Hit It With My Hammer!

4. Can You Make Less Mess Please? I Have to Polish This Armour You Know.

5. You Got Blood On My Suit… Of Armour.

6. No, Your Meant to Block With Your Shield, Not Your Face!

7. You Keep Running Around Like That and Your Going to Stab Yourself In The Foot.

8. Sorry! My hand Slipped, into Your Face, 7 Times.

9. When In Doubt, Aim For The Crotch

10. I’ll Rip Off Your Arm and Beat You to Death With the Bloody End!

• Come on you an do better than that alex those taunts are weak.

Ironclaw is taking a step in the right direction.

Pluck Yew! Would be great for archers and funny for anyone aware of the myth.

To borrow from Shakespeare.

“Methink’st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee.”

‘Thy Father is a Gorbellied Codpiece!’

“You speak an infinite deal of nothing”
    –----------------------------
    The great font of medieval fictional quotes. Monty

YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF ELDERBERRIES!

• can we have a celebrate button with an animation of some sort?
    also could there be a taunt which plays music bite like heart of courage chorus or requirem for a dream clinnt mansell (i’ll try find it on you-tube)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKUeZQbMF0&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0UA8RREX4

• THOU ART MAD ?

• meh either that or heavy metal :D

• 1. It’s only a flesh wound! (When seriously injured)

2. THIS! IS! AGATHA! (Agatha knights kick)

3. Dance with the Devil in hell for me! (When killing someone who put up a good fight)

4. Your armor’s on backwards. How will you survive when you flee?

5. For Honor and Glory! (Agatha charge)

6. You know what they say about men with big swords? (When facing down a claymore)

7. That head will look good in my house! (Mason decapitates opponent)

8. Tremble for thy widows!

9. Kneel before my wrath!

10. Good morning! (Agatha decapitation)

11. Sorry, I missed my apple. (Long-distance headshot with a bow)

12. Squish! Hahahahaha! (Mason bashing Agatha head in with mace or warhammer)

• Falcooooooooonnn…. Player is autosweaponwitched to fist
    When player kills target with fists PUUUUUUNCH!

Only accessible when player is outnumbered Your numbers don’t matter to ME! SPARTAAAAAA!

You’re going to need more people to bring me down!

Slash more, your wife is my whore, doing her is a chore, I’ll bash your head with a door, do a mighty roar, killing those slashers by the hordes, after all, THIS IS WAR!

Ninja’d! After stabbing somebody while in mid-air

I’m right behind you… hehehehe (From Starlancer)

Be afraid!

Are you as thick as that armor you’re wearing?

In this resort, you don’t get cucumber slices over your eyes. You get KNEECAPS!

Can I borrow your head for a moment?

After decapping an opponent Don’t worry, you lost nothing of value.

I’d rip your spine out if you had one!

WEAAAAAAAAK!

If my teammates are too afraid of negative k/d’s, I’ll just SOLO that objective!

My grandma could put up more of a fight then you!

How’s it feel to be on bottom now Evil laugh

• IT BURNS! (of course)

I also liked the old NOOOOOOOOOOOO! that was in the previous version of aoc. it just sounded good when an objective was lost, or when a buddy dies and someone screams NOOOOOOOO!

• 1. You Know Nothing of War!

2. I Was Born To This, You Were Born To Scrub Floors!

3. Have At Thee Foul Knave!

4. None May Stand In My Way!

5. Onwards! For Honor And Glory!

6. War? You Call This War? This Is Nothing But A Fortaste Of What I Shall Give You!

7. Down You Filthy Cur!

8. Tonight I Dine Victorious In Your Great Hall!

9. Be With Me This Day Mighty Axe, That I May Cleave Them In Twain!

10. Death Before Dishonor? I Shall Dishonor You In Death!

• STOP!, I have a family.
    FIST O CUFFS! NOW YOU KUR!
    Tonight we dine in HELL…

• rofl this topic went surprsingly well gj guys :D
    anyways;

IMAFIRINMAHLAZAH

I will have vengence for your death brother!
    falls to knees infront of corpse nooooooooooo

we do need some better nooo other than “no, my lord” and LOADS of ppl have mentioned it :D

• Am I the only one who thought the taunts in AoC were actually quite irritating? :|

• @TheNarrator:

Am I the only one who thought the taunts in AoC were actually quite irritating? :|

Yes! lol.

“MOVE!”

• @smokey:

@TheNarrator:

Am I the only one who thought the taunts in AoC were actually quite irritating? :|

Yes! lol.

“MOVE!”

That is the objective of a “taunt” so mission accomplished

• Well, a taunt isn’t all that irritating, it’s just that they were so horribly spammed in AoC that the humour in them was completely replaced by irritation for me. They were no longer funny, and really started breaking the atmosphere. The problem was that there was no reason to not taunt all the time.

I’d suggest that taunts get an animation which freezes your character in place while taunting for about a second. Not too long, but enough to stop mindless spamming of taunts so people will use them when it’s appropriate, like after completing an objective, after killing an enemy or just before engaging into combat.

• @TheNarrator:

Well, a taunt isn’t all that irritating, it’s just that they were so horribly spammed in AoC that the humour in them was completely replaced by irritation for me. They were no longer funny, and really started breaking the atmosphere. The problem was that there was no reason to not taunt all the time.

I’d suggest that taunts get an animation which freezes your character in place while taunting for about a second. Not too long, but enough to stop mindless spamming of taunts so people will use them when it’s appropriate, like after completing an objective, after killing an enemy or just before engaging into combat.

You mean like Unreal tournament “taunts” where the char “air humps” and such ?

• @Dussan:

You mean like Unreal tournament “taunts” where the char “air humps” and such ?

It doesn’t necessarily include air humps :P. That would look ridiculous. But, I don’t know, your character raising his arm, or clashing his sword and shield together, or whatever. The animation doesn’t matter all that much, the idea is that you can’t move for a second when you taunt, so it’s less attractive to spam taunts all the time.

• Lol, just make some of the more basic taunts without an animation.

I love saying “No !” to the guys chasing me when I have the battlegrounds bridge board right before stabbing their eye out. I do a lot of in-combat taunting, so Im not sure it’s a good idea to make them animated. Also, archers looking for easy taunting targets?

• @dragonfury:

Lol, just make some of the more basic taunts without an animation.

I love saying “No !” to the guys chasing me when I have the battlegrounds bridge board right before stabbing their eye out. I do a lot of in-combat taunting, so Im not sure it’s a good idea to make them animated. Also, archers looking for easy taunting targets?

It’s not as if you’d be frozen in place long enough for an archer to actively target you. It would probably take less long than it would for an archer to nock and draw an arrow. I could live with simple taunts still being without movement penalty, but then again, nothing guarantees that these won’t be spammed, so I’d prefer if every taunt had a short stun.

• A good longbowman/crossbowman doesnt really need more than one second to adjust his shot…

Even a crus/hk with their throwables would find it a lovely easy target.