NA vs EU allstars game

• @Pip no idea. Just somebody who is pretty good

• @Pip I’ve seen his name before in FFA’s and LTS and he wasn’t really a factor until recently. His footwork, feint reads, drags… etc. Everything you need to be competitive has improved. However I am not cognitive as to how he performs as a cohesive unit… if he doesn’t have good teamwork then adding him to the team would counter-benefit the point of this… has he been in a clan before? Or is he a solo duelist like Midas

• @GeneralGatelo yeah, he used to be easy, but now he’s pretty challenging.

I beat him 7-4, then he beat me 7-6, and then I won 7-1. Tough fight. I don’t think he’s in a clan, he’s just a good duelist, but I think he could adapt to the team environment very well.

• Something to point out. Most All Star games in sports are just popularity/individual skill based and team work means little. Trying to form actual cohesive teams seems strange, especially since for most sports besides MLB, it doesn’t matter much and is just for fun/showing off.

• @Naleaus when all stars are mentioned I immediately refer to east vs west coast bball. And that’s the closest thing to our 6v6 clan war all star team I could think of at the moment which is why I said a team full of centers, let’s just say they are maul users isn’t as good as having a PF (messer) SG (Vanguard) and forming a team really shouldn’t be too hard as when you aquire a certain level of skill working well with teammates can be done without even thinking…
    Let’s say me and Smokin Sin are ganking someone, he’d immediately try and move towards the opponents right side because he knows I have a 15 foot alt slash. And after I land the hit he’d already throw a swing out to follow up and hit the enemy a second time while he’s flinched and stunned. Then we’d both combo in a timed drag I’d probably accelerate mine because I just hit a super delayed 15 foot alt slash drag.

Working together wouldn’t be a problem because most high skill players know how to fight without thinking, they just ~

Feel the battle

• @GeneralGatelo said in NA vs EU allstars game:

@Naleaus when all stars are mentioned I immediately refer to east vs west coast bball. And that’s the closest thing to our 6v6 clan war all star team I could think of at the moment which is why I said a team full of centers, let’s just say they are maul users isn’t as good as having a PF (messer) SG (Vanguard) and forming a team really shouldn’t be too hard as when you aquire a certain level of skill working well with teammates can be done without even thinking…
    Let’s say me and Smokin Sin are ganking someone, he’d immediately try and move towards the opponents right side because he knows I have a 15 foot alt slash. And after I land the hit he’d already throw a swing out to follow up and hit the enemy a second time while he’s flinched and stunned. Then we’d both combo in a timed drag I’d probably accelerate mine because I just hit a super delayed 15 foot alt slash drag.

Working together wouldn’t be a problem because most high skill players know how to fight with our thinking, they just ~

Feel the battle

Tbh if you’re communicating with your partner in a 2v1 you can just purposely miss to get your opponent to put his block up so your teammate can swing in. Or you can just have one guy spam feints and then switch who spams feints mid fight. :p

• @Zer0x593 see that’s the thing… high level of skill players we don’t even have to communicate we just do it without thinking. Because we are all trying to manipulate the parry hit box and it isn’t smart to use feints as a crutch and missing on purpose works well so that your teamate can time the attacks. However both tactics you mention take stamina but my drags don’t if you land the hits.

But ye I see your point, my point is when you can do it without even talking and do it efficiently is when you can truly feel the battle.

• @GeneralGatelo
    I understand where you’re coming from with positioning, but since your comp typically doesn’t have class restrictions in wars, didn’t see it as necessary to go per class. Also used to players being able to play vanguard and knight interchangeably well, with MAA not being much difficulty to switch to either.

Back to your basketball comparison though, they play lax defense and only separate it into backcourt and frontcourt when selecting players, not specific positions. Your starters may not have a true center, but they don’t play tight defense anyways unless Pop is coaching and being an ass. So if you end up with a team of messer knights? Oh well, do some silly shit and try and show off. It’s for fun and taking it seriously shouldn’t be as important as just fucking around trying to dunk as hard as possible.

• @Naleaus this isn’t purely for fun. There’s bragging rights involves and that makes it competitive in a sense.

Also, I merely used classes as an analogy, pf or C can be different playstyles…

• @GeneralGatelo said in NA vs EU allstars game:

@Naleaus this isn’t purely for fun. There’s bragging rights involves and that makes it competitive in a sense.

Also, I merely used classes as an analogy, pf or C can be different playstyles…

Pretty sure it’s exactly for fun. There is hardly a measure of skill across servers, it’s going to be a laggy mess as usual.

It’s an all star game, not the Olympics

• @AK it’s a battle between the best players in NA and the best players in EU. Gonna be entertaining, but I’m looking for the W, as are the EU guys.

• Banned

@Reithur can you lock this one down for me? We are moving on to a new thread