Interesting Idea: Adding Proximity Voice Chat

• So as it is, the voice chat is set to all so that both teams can hear you. I think that’s pretty good for modes like Team Deathmatch and Free for All.

But I think it would be interesting if in other game modes, such as Team Objective or who knows what else you guys have in the future- if you added a proximity voice chat feature that certain servers or game modes could utilize.

I imagine that it’d add some immersion to the game and also more tactical, you could discuss the game-plan with your team in spawn or while you’re grouped together, and ass you move closer to your enemies, you can begin to talk with them and even taunt them and I just think in a game like this it’d be so damn cool.

Imagine other games which use proximity voice chat like Rust, and Insurgency to name a couple; These games which utilize proximity voice chat ultimately feel more immersive, and offer more possibility for unique player-interactions.

I’d like to know what you guys think :) is this a possibility? I don’t know how hard it would be to implement something like that, or if other people think it’s a good idea!