Teaming up in FFA

• Was just in a FFA game where 3 members from a clan were teaming up against all the rest. Ironically, I still won just for the sake of a kill race.

So how is this conceived by the community? It’s not like they were noobs or new players in general, as I know the clan back from AoC. In fact they were good players that even when they hadn’t been teaming up I would’ve still had trouble winning in a 1v1.

And, more importantly, is there anything that can be done against this? This was just an isolated incident, but what if more people, clan or not, get the idea that it’d be fun to team up in a FFA? It would completely wreck the game mode, and considering that this is the perfect game mode for learning the game and testing out new weapons, it is a pretty big deal.

• Apart from a likeminded admin or a votekick I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. Though I’d say if a clan teams up in a FFA it wouldn’t do much good for their reputation in terms of fair play.

I doubt you’d see a lot of this going on…

• Yup, this is one of my fears being realized. At a certain point, more and more people will start doing this. FFA servers will definitely need a solid admin presence.

• @dragonfury:

Yup, this is one of my fears being realized. At a certain point, more and more people will start doing this. FFA servers will definitely need a solid admin presence.

Mm. It’s a pain, I’ve seen Clans team stack and it makes it not enjoyable. The other team gets decimated and can’t hold a candle.

They may think it fun, or fair, but it’s like Little League VS Major League.

• Honestly, people shouldn’t take FFA very seriously.

• @SlyGoat:

Honestly, people shouldn’t take FFA very seriously.

I don’t play FFA, but I see it in LTS or TO where a Clan, like VQ, for example, will be half the Team. Just VQ. Obviously these people play at a higher level than most, so it kinda is like “YEah, if you’re on their team, you win” kinda deal.

• I play on Vq’s server a lot, and joke about them stacking both teams, because generally they have all of the kills on both sides. Maybe they only stack one team when I’m not around.

• yeah it is rediculous when people team up in what is supposed to be an all vs all but what can we do besides kill them anyway and make them look bad, that gives me pleasure anyway! i played late night/early morning a few times in small ffa rooms and 3 guys would constantly gun for me and id still get on top of the kills easy enough most times, they would rage quit and call me hacker! it does go against the spirit of all vs all though doesnt it? anyway what i mainly do when i even jump into a fight is try to kill everyone, i dont always go for the weakest guy to kill steal, i just go in and do what i can do. people are gonna do what theyre gonna do though unfortunately and honor is a forgotten concept in this day and age and never even exsisted on the internet in the first place. i know, ive been around a long time lol. but yeah if we are ever playing on an ffa and people are teaming im definitely down for some attempted vote kicks!

• I don’t think it’s particularly advantageous in FFA. They are forced to not kill their teammates thus a good player who targets everyone will pull ahead nearly every time. I’ve seen it, and it doesn’t bother me at all.