Stop making kills so rewarding & some other points

• Im a long time mount and blade fan and even though I find the game frustrating, I am good at it. Naturally the skill transferred over to chivalry and im topping charts 90% of the time. Not bragging at all, im just used to the whole timing thing (from forced manual directional blocking). I do like chivalry more, though.

Bold statement because people keep replying saying im trying to make chivalry more like MB, I haven’t suggested anything like that.

Problem is, id prefer to actually feel like im working as an army to attack a castle rather than a team death match with an option to do the objective.

My suggestion? Do not add score for kills in team objective (or reduce it significantly). People won’t feel so stressed to run after that straggler and people won’t feel the need to straggle off (unless their tactic is to flank, awesome!)

Second: hammers, axe(2h), and spears/poles (not the stab though) need more recovery time after swings. They instantly spring back into position. The longsword needs it also but not nearly as much. Not to mention a big swing with all of these weapons would make you unbalanced.

The weapons above need a bit faster swing speed also (the 2h ones).

The spear swing attack is too effective at close range, the wood is hitting me, not the blade.

Shrink the bow crosshair. Hitting people isn’t hard, but the crosshair is annoying.

Make arrows start slow bleed damage. Archers are for support. They should be shooting incoming troops to weaken them so they’re easier to kill when faced with other infantry.

Off the wall suggestion: FORCE the player to switch to their secondary weapon at 30% hp, they should be too weak to hold their primary 2h or if their primary is 1h force them to drop their shield.

• Hammers, all of them really need more recover time. They recover as fast as a long sword which is funny.

Also attacks should cost stamina when they hit too, period. If you were careless with your hits in AoC, you’d run out of stamina. In C:MW, you can basically swing as long as you want.

• This is supposed to be Counter-Strike: Medieval Style

Not an actual Medieval Simulator, like M&B. I love both, though.

• M&B is already the counter strike of medieval games. M&B isn’t realistic at all other than its blocking.

• @Frell:

M&B is already the counter strike of medieval games. M&B isn’t realistic at all other than its blocking.

M&B’s blocking is less realistic than Chivalry lol.

And I wouldn’t call M&B anywhere close to Counter-Strike.

• MB is very fast paced and has a high skill cap

• @Frell:

MB is very fast paced and has a high skill cap

As does this.

• Lol, this does not compare to MB in complexity at all. But thats good because MB’s complexity gets annoying and enjoying the game is way too high maintenance

• Look, If you are just going to preach about M&B, Go and play M&B.

Other-wise, We arnt going to do any of that, So stop preaching.

• @Warior135:

Look, If you are just going to preach about M&B, Go and play M&B.

Dude, read his posts. He likes Chivalry more, and said that Mount and Blade’s complexity became annoying. He ain’t preachin’ about M&B. Chill.

• @Warior135:

What are you talking about?

• @Frell:

@Warior135:

All of these things would make Chivalry something it isnt, I have played M&B and these suggestions all seem to be exactly like it save for the bleeding.

• @Frell:

Lol, this does not compare to MB in complexity at all. But thats good because MB’s complexity gets annoying and enjoying the game is way too high maintenance

Not talking bout complexity, talking about skill.

• @Mkilbride:

@Frell:

Lol, this does not compare to MB in complexity at all. But thats good because MB’s complexity gets annoying and enjoying the game is way too high maintenance

Not talking bout complexity, talking about skill.

Skill cap in MB is much higher between chambering, 4 direction swinging/block feinting and footwork.

But I _LIKE_CHIVALRY_MORE

@Warior135:

@Frell:

@Warior135:

All of these things would make Chivalry something it isnt, I have played M&B and these suggestions all seem to be exactly like it save for the bleeding.

I haven’t suggested ANYTHING to make chivalry more like MB, what are you talking about?

• bump