This World's Screwed

• This post is deleted!

• it has often been said that I like war.

My friends, I like war…

No, friends, I love war!

I love blitzkriegs.

I love defensive lines.

I love sieges, charges, I love mop-up operations, and retreats.

Wars across prairies, in streets, in trenches, in grasslands, in frozen tundras, through deserts, on the sea, in the air, I love every act of war that can occur upon this earth.

I love blasting the enemy to smithereens with artillery salvos that thunder across the lines of battle.

My heart leaps with joy whenever a soldier is tossed high into the air and cut to pieces by well placed sniper rounds. And there is nothing like a tank operator using a Tiger acht acht (88) to destroy enemy tanks. And the feeling that comes when a soldier runs screaming from his blazing tank only to be mowed down by heavy machine gun fire, is such an exquisite feeling. Like when ranks of infantry brandish their bayonets rushing into the enemy line. It moves me deep within my heart to watch a fresh recruit stabbing over and over into the bloated chest of a long-dead enemy.

The sight of deserters being strung up from a street lamp is an irresistible pleasure. And there is nothing more arousing, than the sounds made by prisoners of war dropping like flies, screaming in agony as they’re mowed down by ear piercing schmeissers !

When a band of pitiful resistance fighters makes their final stand with nothing but small arms, only to have their city smashed to atoms block by block by 4.8 ton bombshells, (tone suddenly softens) I’m in ecstasy.

I love it when my forces are ravaged by a Russian armored division. It’s so sad to see towns and villages that were supposed to be defended at all costs, being laid to waste, their women and children being raped, and killed.

I love to be squashed under the heel of the British and American war machines. The humiliation, as my men crawl around like vermin, ducking the jagdbombers flying overhead.

Gentlemen… All I ask for is war, a war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it that you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? (Voice begins to raise) Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? (Dramatically raises voice) Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge, from this Earth!?

(The soldiers begin shouting/chanting “Krieg” meaning “War”)
    …Very well. Then krieg is what you shall have. We are a clenched fist, ready to strike down all who oppose us, with our might.

But… After enduring over half a century wallowing in the darkness, for us, a simple “ordinary” war will no longer be sufficient.

(Raises voice) We need a MASSIVE war! A war beyond any other that man’s history has ever known!!!

• @Acidic-Wolf what’s your point? The world is screwed because humans are bad…?

• @hit-trade To be honest, I’m not sure… I just vented my thoughts without any coherent, y’know, thinking behind em.

• @Acidic-Wolf well, before you try to engage in an intellectual conversation, please make your argument clear. No offense, just keep that in mind.

• @hit-trade Not meant to be an arguement? Just a discussion. About the state of life, I guess. About everyone’s opinions on how fucked up the world is?

• Or I’m just thinking too deeply… I do that alot :3

• @Acidic-Wolf an argument is a discussion, using evidence to support one’s position. Not a yelling contest.

And the world is far from “fucked up.” There are so many benefits from living in this technological era. There are “bad” things that happen, yes, but there will always be “bad” things in this world because we’re not a hive-mind. Our generation has a lot of problems to tackle, such as climate change, political tension, ethical implications of genetics, overpopulation, energy emissions, super viruses, etc… Every generation has had problems to overcome, and we will continue to have problems as we head into the future—it’s inevitable. However, with that said, the world is not fucked, not yet anyway.

• @Acidic-Wolf As a reference, the world will only be truly fucked if a cataclysmic event occurs, like nuclear winter, meteor impacts, etc.

• @Acidic-Wolf said in This World's Screwed:

Global warning, terrorism, serial killers, wars to fund countries over petty disagreements, entire groups of people led by dictators that are so deep into their own mad beliefs that they belive they are the hero’s.

Species on this planet are designed to reproduce and survive, those are the two inate instincts passed down that every single species had in common. Humans have gone passed that. We have industrialised the world so much that we no longer have a need to reproduce and populate the world. Hell, our planet can barely contain how many of us there are, and now we are destroying habitats simply to carry on doing something out of selfishness instead of instinct. It’s gotten to the point that there’s more point in dying then living. Yeah, dying has more of a point then staying alive. One less mouth to feed and such. But, obviously, instinct is to survive… Survive in a world that we have destroyed with sheer overpowering of our damned population .

Yes, humans will die out,like every animal or plant species will. However, unlike the other species, we’ll leave nothing but an empty shell.

I don’t know, this place seems like a good place to share my thoughts, as strategic, slow games normally attract smart people.

So, what is everyone’s thoughts? I need a discussion with smart people :3

We as human beings are the only animals on earth that utilize cognitive thought, technically we are not homo sapiens (one who thinks), but instead homo sapiens-sapiens (one who thinks, and knows that they think). With this unique trait we’ve been able to build wonderful societies and structures, and we’ve made massive advances in science and technology…

That being said, despite all of our magnificent qualities as a species, we are still just animals we may be advanced, but we are still victims of our primal instincts: control, hostility, and territory.

We express these three examples through war, control over resources, money, lust for power, and even as simple a reason as psychotic rage.

TL;DR We are a great species, but we forget we are still animals–smart animals. That’s why the world is fucked up. If you are a believer of the evolutionary theory, consider our flaws as left over monkey shit lol

• @Hoplite-x-Viz I guess that’s the entire point. We are a brilliant species, but we are still a species of animal, and still subject to all of the crap normal animals have to go through. Good point man.

• This post is deleted!

• @Acidic-Wolf Some next level geniuses are researching into more eco friendly energy.
    Terrorism is being combated.
    Serial killers were always a thing in every society, but the police combats them.
    And for wars. tbh i cant think of a more peaceful time than today. think a couple hundred years ago and before that wars were EXTREMELY commonplace.
    Brainwashed people again always a thing.

Humans are protecting animals and the like. For example most wood comes from a sustainable forest and for every tree they cut down they plant two more(carbon footprint)
    Unfortunately bad things always exist, but today we are advanced to the point where we know most things or beginning to. I would not want to live in any other age than today.
    But hey this is just coming from a random kid in England. Positives outweigh the negatives. ;)
    now ffs lets kill another negative by having a 10 man gank vs addyboo amirite?

• @MaHarold I’m up for it

• @hit-trade

I agree at least we don’t have plagues and such. But humans have been around for a long time. There’s an over population problem now. Expanding suburbs, we are building outward not up or down. So that cuts into agriculture. Not to mention the smartest man on eart just said the earth maybe has another 1000 years if we are lucky. One of the men to help develop the cure for polio I think it was said we’d be lucky if we had 100 left. Because of overpopulation, global warming and the possibility of nuclear war.

• @XSPARTACUSX if a physicist and a biologist told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

Also, given either of their proposed time ranges—100 to 1000 years—we as humans can certainly figure out solutions to our current problems. Look at how much technology has grown over the past century. It’s insane. And if we can further that rate of growth, then we’re in good shape.

• I find it hilarious that the only threat to humans as of now… is humans themselves.

• @hit-trade said in This World's Screwed:

@XSPARTACUSX if a physicist and a biologist told you to jump off a bridge, would you?

Also, given either of their proposed time ranges—100 to 1000 years—we as humans can certainly figure out solutions to our current problems. Look at how much technology has grown over the past century. It’s insane. And if we can further that rate of growth, then we’re in good shape.

That’s if we can put political bullshit aside. For example, U.S., China, and Russia’s primary concern is running the civilized world at the moment.

If we were suddenly faced with an Earth-destroying disaster, would world powers be able to put differences aside or only look out for their own sections of civilization. (“as long as my country and my sovereignty survives, fuck em”)

• @Hoplite-x-Viz good question. I think the answer depends on how pessimistic you are, tbh.