Faster gameplay!

• I was thinking about game speed - have a feeling it’s a little slow and will be to easy with time - maybe it would be a good idea to accelerate all of the game actions 10-20% ? I myself be quite happy with faster gameplay.

• Game speed is fine on me end. A 20% increase on attacks would just make the heavy classes over powered as you would have even less time to react to a hit that is going to take 70% of your life.

• In the game configuration files you’ll find a value listed as
    fTimeDilation=1.00000

Change this to 1.5000 and you’ll have a game that runs 50% faster, etc. It’s a lot of fun, but I think it’s balanced as is.

• Buy a server and run it at 120% speed.

• The current speed is good. It’s realistic, it simulates the weight the heavier classes carry and swing. It enables a more skill-based gameplay as opposed to a frantic one based on luck and surprise. The current speed lets you quickly look at the many options for your next move, in the heat of the battle, and choosing the most fitting one. A faster gameplay will effectively eliminate some of the fantastic move variety of the game.

Plus, it feels fast as it is sometimes.

• @roee30:

The current speed is good. It’s realistic, it simulates the weight the heavier classes carry and swing. It enables a more skill-based gameplay as opposed to a frantic one based on luck and surprise. The current speed lets you quickly look at the many options for your next move, in the heat of the battle, and choosing the most fitting one. A faster gameplay will effectively eliminate some of the fantastic move variety of the game.

Plus, it feels fast as it is sometimes.

If you think this speed is realistic you know absolutely nothing about medieval warfare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln94E9AGYTc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmP1MgfEUmY
    According to the developers of CLANG (that sword fighting kickstarter thing that succeeded), depicting longsword fighting at a realistic speed would be too fast for the average latency in a multiplayer game.
    Personally I think all the weapons could do with a slight speedup. It feels a bit too sluggish right now, and I think most people have the reflexes to cope with it.

• The current speed is not realistic, but if it was realistic (what would it be, a 150-200% speed increase at least?) the best you could hope for would be repeatedly bashing the mouse buttons because there is absolutely no way you could properly control your character in realistic combat using a keyboard and mouse. You can do realistic speed with cars with a wheel, but that’s a totally different story than controlling a human and fighting with melee weapons.

I like the current combat, it’s not realistic in terms of speed but it allows you to use tactics and isn’t all about your reaction speed, which is realistic.

• Pings spike horribly at 150% speed and up. I would again advise anyone who wants a faster experience to rent a server and run it at 120-130% speed.

• I see completely no problem with speed increase to 200% :) But it’s just me personally and I’m fully aware that hardcore gamers like myself is a minority and a lot of players would stopped playing the game because they wouldn’t be able to grasp it in that kind of speed. That’s why 20% speed increase - so the sunday player could cope with it too. I love this game and it’s possibilities, incresing the gampelay speed would make it the same fun but faster and harder :) but even now I know a lot of people playing chivalry whos beginning to dislike the game because they cannot grasp it - it is something new, we all learn to cope with it - and I can say one thing -the better you grasp the game the better is the experience - you just have to realize that it is possible to cut 3 heads in one strike, or to stand surrounded by 3 players (front, back, side) and block all of their attacks and for example swing overhead to the guy behind you (turn to him) then the one that was in front of you would attack because you have turn your back on him - but ups… the overhead can hit the guy behind you in the beginning phase of the swing so the guy who attacks first takes a hit from you standing back to him, the second one gets his overhead as planned as you ware turned back to him earlier so he do not anticipate the fast attack at him… it’s just talking - but the important thing to understand is that is all possible and you can do real magic in the game - learn to do so and you can say you have grasped the game :) Learning to hit, block, faint etc - it’s just the basics - it’s hard compared to shooters but it is still only basics.