Hit detection and weapon clipping …

• … should be nr 1 in the “What we are working on!” topic !
    And i’m nervous since i hope it’s still being worked on.

So far i have spent 12h playing the game and like it, clearly i didn’t spent as much time as most of you probably so please correct me if i’m wrong and certain things are intended.
    The reason why i don’t LOVE it ? Hit detection being one of the reason.

Let me give u a few example’s that made my blood boil:
    -Vanguard charge’s , i move sideways … vanguard lands behind me and the hit still registers.
    I honestly stopped counting after 21 times that ive experienced it during those 12h.

• I ‘sneak’ behind two players fighting, standing behind the enemy i aim my shot and shoot my arrow straight trough his head -> teammate receives arrow between the eyes -> team kill and enemy alive.

-Blocking with the square (cant remember name) shield doesn’t actually block attacks in the visual area of said shield.
    Ive seen especially spears (probably because it’s easier to notice) clipping straight trough the shield while blocking (and while not blocking too, however it should still protect the player’s left side so no excuse either) which resulted to me being hit.
    Which would explain ALOT about why blocking can feel broken at times.

So please fix shield visual indications, if they are working as intended for balance issues (to avoid shield=op) then please reduce their size appropriately.

-More often then not, 2h long reach weapon hit’s seems to register as high dmg no mater which part of the weapon hit’s the target, i suppose being hit by a pole-arm shaft f.ex shouldn’t hurt as much as it’s tip ? Same applies to 2h swords being closer to the tip the more dmg, the closer to the handle the less dmg.
    Not to mention overhead swings sometimes not connecting when aimed at the center of the target, while sometimes overhead swings hit targets when swung next to targets (due to target moving)

Sorry for my English.

• One thing I’ve noticed, at least from what I’ve observed is that when you get face to face with a spearmen or polearm, they can still stab you, as in you’re chest to chest and they can still stab you with their weapon, which makes no sense. If it did less damage at close range that would be sensical, but I’m not sure if this is the case. Then again, I haven’t tested this, so I could be completely wrong.

• I’ve noticed many times that my hits, being dead on target, don’t hit at all. Yet, from the same distance, the enemy swings at me even with a shorter ranged weapon and kills me mostly instantly.

This happens a lot. I’ve also noticed that when I actually do hit someone, it doesn’t always stop their swing and they still strike me promoting combo spamming.

Also, as said, arrows seem to go through people and not do any damage.

Blocking also seems to work when it feels like it. I know you can “miss” a block but some blocks are seriously in time and right on target yet STILL the strike lands.

I do still enjoy the game. But yeah, I don’t know if these issues are just down to me but I feel the game needs some fine tuning in places. :D

• You guys are talking about lag. It is probably easier to notice with the shield since the shield takes longer to put up.

Stick to low ping servers and it won’t happen as often.

• If you let a weapon hit on the side of the shield it will buckle and you’ll get hit anyway. Aim with your shield at their weapon tip just like when blocking with a weapon

• @Zealot:

You guys are talking about lag. It is probably easier to notice with the shield since the shield takes longer to put up.

Stick to low ping servers and it won’t happen as often.

I always play on -100 ping servers, usually -50.

No offence but did you really think i wouldn’t try that first before bothering to make a forum account and type a post ?
    Either way if it was due to lag, it would be noticeable but thanks for the reply

• @Warin:

If you let a weapon hit on the side of the shield it will buckle and you’ll get hit anyway. Aim with your shield at their weapon tip just like when blocking with a weapon

If i understood you right (not sure what buckle means, aside of a belt buckle but it’s safe to assume that your not talking about that xD ) they still need to reduce the size of shields then to match the visual indication/ shield hitbox.

But yes i know about directional blocking ect but it still occurs that a straight on block isn’t working as intended.

Honestly, i just finished a game where i was standing head to head with a spear wielder i raised my shield preemptively to block his frontal stab and the blade clipped trough it and i got hit.

• I also only exclusively play on very low ping servers and all of the mentioned things happen. I’ve taken time to really look at the situation calmly and without a doubt, the hit detections are off.

• This has happened to me so many times its not even funny. I know the difference between a missed block and a server hit detection fail. I have thrown weapons that go right through a persons head or torso and do nothing, which lead to my death sometimes.

I blocked a vanguards stab 2-3 seconds before he got done winding it up and it pierced through the shield and killed me anyway.

I have swung a mace into someones helmet and it goes right through, which ends up getting me killed because of the guys counter swing, which would have been interrupted had the game worked. I know the weapon ranges to be able to determine whether I missed or not. It was not a miss.

I even played some archer and shot a arrow into someones torso only to have it go right through and hit a team mate causing his death from the enemies finishing blow. Then to have him call me a dumbass/idiot/moron, when it wasn’t even my fault.

Its things like this which make me hesitate to come back in and play some more. These kinds of things can determine the whole course of the game and put many players into losing downward spirals causing them to do horrible and leading to a loss.

Good players are getting screwed over by bad luck and failed code + server latency. Taken all together it makes a foul brew that puts a wretched taste in ones mouth.

This upcoming patch needs to fix a hell of a lot or I’ll never take this game seriously.

• In a real combat, if you don’t parry with your shield on a point where you are stronger than your opponent, he’s gonna knock it out of his way. So you typically parry with the center of your shield, Depending on how you fasten the shield to your arm.

Basically sword going through your shield isn’t unrealistic.

• @Warin:

In a real combat, if you don’t parry with your shield on a point where you are stronger than your opponent, he’s gonna knock it out of his way. So you typically parry with the center of your shield, Depending on how you fasten the shield to your arm.

Basically sword going through your shield isn’t unrealistic.

Fair enough you got a point, but if we are talking realistically people who wouldn’t be strong enough to use a tower shield to block almost all of their left or front side, would use a lighter/smaller shield anyway to react faster and more precise on directional blocking.
    There is no “strength” ingame so we should assume that every class/character can use all available weapons/equipment unlocked efficiently.

But let’s also not forget then people shouldn’t be able to slash or stab with a spear and pole-arm when their opponent is basically hugging them.

I have no issues if CMW is supposed to be as realistic as possible but if so, consistency is a MUST.

• Hit detection for all things are off, especially arrows. Very annoying when a headshot goes through an enemy head. And yes i play on low ping servers.