Javelineers!

• As an avid Javelineer fan, I thought at first that they were a terrible melee class and that I was wasting my time. After ten or so hours of getting used to their attacks, movement speed, and shield, I’ve actually got good enough to beat Vanguards and Knights 1v1!

With that said, I did want to make a point that the two unlockables after the first javelin are essentially useless. The fact that you get a minor damage bonus versus a large speed penalty makes using the short-spear and the heavy javelin a pointless endeavor, at least in my own opinion. Perhaps a bit of a tweak is in order? Perhaps.

One other thing I thought was a tad bit lame was that the Javelineers don’t have a taunt, nor a war cry. Pressing C or X while playing a Javelineer does nothing. =(

I’ve also noticed that thrown-javelin kills don’t count toward unlocking your next weapon. What’s the deal with that? I unlocked my second vanguard hammer in a single match, but I had to play at least seven in order to get enough melee kills with the Javelin to get the shortspear.

It also seems a bit odd how vanguards and Knights seem to be able to easily keep pace with a sprinting archer. Seeing as speed is taken into account for each class, it seems peculiar that a man clad in leather can’t run faster than a man wearing an iron suit.

'Tis my two cents.

• I agree about the javelin’s superiority over its alternatives. Same is true for the crossbow.

Thrown javelin kills don’t progress unlocks right now because they’re actually frisbees. (I.E. they count as shield bash kills, as indicated by the icon). Presumably will be fixed soon.

The javelin warcry is also a work in progress.

Archers actually do move faster, but only slightly. 5% faster than vanguards and 10% faster than knights. However, if you’re within a relatively short distance of an enemy and keep them in the center of your screen, you gain an increase to forward speed, meaning someone chasing you will always move faster. You’ll know this is in effect when your crosshair dot turns red.

• Aah! I didn’t know that. I appreciate the info, mon ami.

• the damage they do the javelin is ridiculous, when you go through a guy and does not die even in the head … Damage ridiculous …

• Yeah, the damage done by Javelins is a bit confusing. You can hit a Knight or Vanguard in the head and he’ll live, but you can hit an Archer in the thigh and he’ll die! :p

• @SlyGoat:

I agree about the javelin’s superiority over its alternatives. Same is true for the crossbow.

Thrown javelin kills don’t progress unlocks right now because they’re actually frisbees. (I.E. they count as shield bash kills, as indicated by the icon). Presumably will be fixed soon.

The javelin warcry is also a work in progress.

Archers actually do move faster, but only slightly. 5% faster than vanguards and 10% faster than knights. However, if you’re within a relatively short distance of an enemy and keep them in the center of your screen, you gain an increase to forward speed, meaning someone chasing you will always move faster. You’ll know this is in effect when your crosshair dot turns red.

I did not know this about the running! That is pretty interesting actually.

• @frayzies:

Yeah, the damage done by Javelins is a bit confusing. You can hit a Knight or Vanguard in the head and he’ll live, but you can hit an Archer in the thigh and he’ll die! :p

Only knights will survive a headshot from any javelin, including the short spear.

• The Javelins do admittedly seem a little weak. It’s so frustrating to try and land a hit with them, and when you do, eight times out of ten they don’t die anyway. The repercussions for missing a closer-ranged shot are infuriating, because it’s the only time you can be reliable, and you can’t raise your shield in that time to avoid the inevitable Vanguard sword colliding with your head.

I’ve put three standard Javelins into Knights before and watched them keep going - yet a Crossbow, with a projectile one fifteenth the size, does the job right quick. Faster movement of the bolt, too.

Maybe I’m the only one who cares, but I play the Javelineer almost exclusively.

It’s almost to the point where I would recommend they be set as a Man at Arms class. Their armor is too light to expect them to -really- hold their own in melee, despite my best efforts (I can win 1v1 against vanguards/knights if I’m lucky). Perhaps they could do without the dodge - they just need the ability to take more than a damned flick of damage! XD

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Vp1GLxceg
    Any plan on allowing the javelineers to have a running start on their javelin throws? Just like in the ol’ PVK2 mod. Run while holding up javelin, Meter goes to full, throw, hit, high damage.

Obviously the meter thing would be exclusive only for the thrown weapons imo. No point in placing such on a melee weapon or bow.

• Please hire me as an intern to fix the class.

I can move and will work for free.

" If you jav it, they will die."

MountainLord- Los

• I too love the javelin class and agree that there should be this long reload time to counter the fact you have a high damage ranged attack. The melee range seems very very short considering you are stabbing forwards with a spear.

I like the long reload but please let us block during it, or at least cancel the reload to block, forcing us to manually reload when we are safe somewhere, like crossbow.

They are the only class I find myself interrupting with, the stab is pretty quick and I use it to surprise knights all the time, stab them in the head 3 times and you’re gravy!

• I am also a fan of javelin and crossbow class. Only the main weapons are worthy.

Javelin takes same time as a crossbow to reload. Which is funny. Also i still think both Javelins and crossbows to head should kill knights. I don’t know why devs even decided otherwise.

• I agree about the reload time for javelins, but I also feel that you should be able to block while reloading because, as it is a med to close ranged weapon and not normally a 1 shot, you are essentially dead because you auto reload after shooting unlike crossbows which you can choose when and where to reload. Other than that, maybe make it so that the range for the stab is a tiny bit longer.