Archers

• So I’m used to being hated. No one likes wiping the map full of enemies and then right before you get a kill, you watch your head explode from a shot from god knows where. I’m used to “holy shit nice shot” comments from team mates, sometimes even getting a “whoah lol” message from a knight who got 2 feet away from killing me before shooting him dead. But is there like a 0 interest and respect from other classes? I noticed that only people I’ve gamed with previous to me returning send invites and etc. I’m just curious if people just say “yeah hes a good shot, but fuck that mother fuckera;lseijraposidfjapsodifj” or if its just like a thing now where everyone is cliquing up? But aside from that, most archers despise other archers, I on the other hand usually get excited when a few names I recognize join the match.

XIISpartacusXII

• @XSPARTACUSX said in Archers:

So I’m used to being hated. No one likes wiping the map full of enemies and then right before you get a kill, you watch your head explode from a shot from god knows where. I’m used to “holy shit nice shot” comments from team mates, sometimes even getting a “whoah lol” message from a knight who got 2 feet away from killing me before shooting him dead. But is there like a 0 interest and respect from other classes? I noticed that only people I’ve gamed with previous to me returning send invites and etc. I’m just curious if people just say “yeah hes a good shot, but fuck that mother fuckera;lseijraposidfjapsodifj” or if its just like a thing now where everyone is cliquing up? But aside from that, most archers despise other archers, I on the other hand usually get excited when a few names I recognize join the match.

XIISpartacusXII

Me and Halfdan were in a few games with you and all of my words were just “He got me again”, “And again”, “OK, now I need to go Zwei” I thought you were an amazing shot and melee whenever I got up-close. But Archers aren’t really respected as much as the other classes because it’s difficult to become good with the Archer than it is with a Knight or Vanguard.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Thanks man! Definitely holds weight coming from you. If it makes any difference every time I saw you even a hundred yards within my vicinity I thought “well goddamnit, he saw me now I’m fucked” And yes that makes sense. Honestly anytime an archer is up top 3 of the game that’ll catch my eye. Nice shot on that TO dark forest with that crossbow btw. As soon as I failed at killing you I knew game over.

• @XSPARTACUSX Not a problem! My aim was to get your attention then let Halfdan kill you xD but that TO Dark Forest, you were one slash away from murdering me until a teammate was actually useful then I won the game. Melee wasn’t working XP

• Banned

@XSPARTACUSX There’s quite a cult of cudgel and sling archers on EU FFA. I’m included in that cult, it’s pretty dank

• The archer community definitely grew since I was gone. Mister Twiggs has me beat with that goddamn crossbow of his. So I’ll just go ahead and assume I’m at least 2nd or third. Lol. For now… @857th-Jester

• Banned

@XSPARTACUSX I don’t even know who Mister Twiggs is.

I know there’s a pretty good archer who played EU Team Objective, his name was Son2001 or something like that. Got me everytime with his heavy crossbow.

• @XSPARTACUSX you shoot people in FFA ofc no one likes you lmao

• @MaHarold

Yeah but it’s free for all! Archer hardly stands a chance anyway score wise. Except for maybe getting a few kills and a shitload of assists that obviously don’t count

• @MaHarold

But I see your point lol

• Banned

@XSPARTACUSX I have won in FFA as an archer… Sling with pebbles ma dude

• Banned

@epickillmaster cudgel or no

• Definitely on the 360 with hit trading fuck no. @857th-Jester

• @epickillmaster lol not my forte. But I think slinging is impressive

• Banned

@XSPARTACUSX I think the shortsword is a far better weopen than both the cudgel and saber. I personally think the shortsword has probably the best balance between speed and damage in a one handed weapon. I use the cudgel because it’s mad fun

• @XSPARTACUSX Dude, I got to play with you, Cake, and Halfdan yesterday and honestly, you were the enemy I was worried about most. I may piss and moan about archers being annoying but I have nothing but mad respect for the good ones. There were a few times where you saved my ass too, the little exchange of respect at the bridge for instance.

• @SerSkellyman
    Yo I do remember playing yesterday! Good matches. And I could tell because you started blowing past everyone to kill me hahah. And you did.

• @SerSkellyman

And yeah that was a bow from like 100 feet below badass haha

• @857th-Jester

I’ve been fucking with that lately actually. 2 hit vanguard in the face

• I too, have seen the cudgel put to good use by you. I’m the little green man at arms with beautiful corn rows. Started playing a bit more lately to counter act my overwatch/rocket league salt.

Last I remember on Outpost you parried like 3 of my hits in a row so I went all Negan and killed the 3 other noob archers on your team who were watching us.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.