Vanguard Charge

• In my opinion i think vanguards charge is interrupted too easily. As soon as u colide with a friend its stops and many points of the map will also stop it.

I dont think im the only one who noticed this, and it is rather annoying when u want to charge in but it stops “randomly”. I think they should make a delay, say if you are blocked for 1 sec or so u stop charging instead of instant as it is now :)

Ty for an awesome game, unlike anything ive played before, and lots of fun :)

• I thinik I know what your talking about, bumping into things/friendlys and losing your sprint/lunge attack. Will say this, your lunge attack is not gonna work on someone who is watching you. or it shouldnt. :)

They’ll see it coming. Better off poking.

• Oh i thought it was called charge xD

Well even though its not always the best solution, its still annoying when you try and get interrupted :/

And it works well when trying to catch those pesky archers!

• Yea,. theres a time and place for the vangaurd charge attack. The real trick is, to not be so predictable or not be seen.

• or bash them when they are unawareXD well i must admit as much as i love vanguard as useless is the sprintattack (for me.)

• I concur. The charge attack is extremely high risk for relatively low reward. Most of the time the charge attack barely does more damage than the weapon’s strongest normal attack, and sometimes it does the same - or even less as in the case with the Zweihander and Bardiche. The only weapons that have a real reason to use the charge attack IMO are the billhook, halberd and spear, because their charge attacks do about 30-50% more than their strongest attack, and give them the ability to get several one hit kills that aren’t otherwise possible.

• The only thing I would change is the turning radius to prevent a Vanguard from simply running away, then quickly turning 180 degrees and doing the charge attack.

• agreed that sounds … not logic running and charging running and charging

well i have 2 ideas only one should be used in my like:

jump attack with swords do same (low) dmg but are very hard to block so if the attackers swing goes to the legs the defender HAS to aim for down at that spot to successfully defend it.

jump attack does just simply more dmg and is actually an overhead of some sorts.

• @Mashuu:

The only thing I would change is the turning radius to prevent a Vanguard from simply running away, then quickly turning 180 degrees and doing the charge attack.

If you turn more than… 120 degrees, I believe? In under a second, you are taken out of sprint, and thus unable to do your charge.

• You can have a better charge when your weapons have 20% less reach. That’s fair :P