1st P vs 3rd P

• The first-person players are the best than the 3rd player p? Some aspects of the game are much more complicated to the first person. It is not to justify me that 3rd players kill me but this is an observation since the time I started playing chivalry. No rage , peace :)

• @himaking10 said in 1st P vs 3rd P:

The first-person players are the best than the 3rd player p? Some aspects of the game are much more complicated to the first person. It is not to justify me that 3rd players kill me but this is an observation since the time I started playing chivalry. No rage , peace :)

This is gonna be a long post.

OK, so 1st person vs 3rd person. Honestly, 3rd person is the better choice skill-wise since you have a larger FoV making it easier to read feints, see people behind you, “Zone” effectively and many other things. However, 3rd person was never originally meant to be a part of the game, the only reason it is in is because of the Unreal engine that is used for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

1st person players have a huge disadvantage compared to 3rd person players since we have a restricted FoV making it more difficult for us to read feints. Our advantages that we have are our footwork, drags and knowledge of range.

How do 3rd person players fight?

The majority of 3rd person players run around quite literally everywhere and try to weave in and out of enemy attacks as often as they can. Not only that but 3rd person players tend to press RT instead of the stab or overhead and this is because of accuracy. However not all 3rd person players play like that. Take GoA I Halfdan for example. He rarely runs away, only when he is feinted but other than that it is rare. However he does share the trait of mainly pressing RT.

How do 1st person players fight?

Us 1st person players always stand our ground and only attempt to run away when feinted. Other than that we rely on our stabs and overheads instead of slashes. We do this because we have the accuracy and the tracer to do this, where-as 3rd person players do not. Let’s take Maharold for example on this one. He always stands his ground and uses all three attacks but mostly stabs and overheads. His feints are usually stabs and overheads as well since they are the most difficult to read.

Summary: 3rd person takes a lot less more skill to become good with but is the better choice.

1st person takes a lot more skill to become good with but has many flaws.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 I read feints much better in first and I drag a lot more in third. I also stab and overhead a lot more in the third person view. Once you get used to where your sword goes accuracy shouldn’t be a concern and running out of range can also be done in first person as shown by az’s playstyle.

Third person is definitely more advantageous but in my opinion you’re making it seem as if first person players are at a big disadvantage even though some players play better in first. Just my opinion though, not trying to start an argument.

• @Zer0x593 said in 1st P vs 3rd P:

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 I read feints much better in first and I drag a lot more in third. I also stab and overhead a lot more in the third person view. Once you get used to where your sword goes accuracy shouldn’t be a concern and running out of range can also be done in first person as shown by az’s playstyle.

Third person is definitely more advantageous but in my opinion you’re making it seem as if first person players are at a big disadvantage even though some players play better in first. Just my opinion though, not trying to start an argument.

Yeah, I know. That was just how things are for me in first. And for others as well. Running out of range can be done in first person but is much more difficult to do.

First person players are at more of a disadvantage since 3rd person players tend to spam feint and I don’t know about you but triple feints aren’t my forte :D… <3 u Zero

• Thank you @C4KE-from-SP4C3 for using a basic English ! (So I do not spend some time on urban dictionnary lol ) .That’s exactly what I noticed that new players who use the 1st person have a lot more trouble getting started than the 3st person for example. For the so-called “old” players we see the difference also, those who play in the first person are much more impressive and interesting to play, most of the 3rd people run in all directions and try to pass behind the guard, on the left where On the right, rare are those who confront the fight. I clearly took sides for the 1st person but I accept that the 3rd person is part of the game (but I would never consider the 3rd person runners as good players even if it is level 60, just those who skillfully fight And that difference does not feel between 1st p and 3rd p) ^^

Thank you @C4KE-from-SP4C3 for using a basic English ! (So I do not spend some time on urban dictionnary lol ) .That’s exactly what I noticed that new players who use the 1st person have a lot more trouble getting started than the 3st person for example. For the so-called “old” players we see the difference also, those who play in the first person are much more impressive and interesting to play, most of the 3rd people run in all directions and try to pass behind the guard, on the left where On the right, rare are those who confront the fight. I clearly took sides for the 1st person but I accept that the 3rd person is part of the game (but I would never consider the 3rd person runners as good players even if it is level 60, just those who skillfully fight And that difference does not feel between 1st p and 3rd p) ^^

To be honest, the game looks much more intense in first person and cool! Gotta love getting a quad feed in first person using a Longsword or something ;D

• Just for reference, 1st person was the intended format. 3rd was added due to popular request while it was still under development.

• ouuuh yes it’s more intense !!! ! Even if it’s easier (it’s easier, let’s be honest) I will never play in the 3rd person because the sensations are not the same, the very good players get lost often in a duel and if a player loses sight The other person he will surely die in the first person unlike the third person, the 1st person will have lost an aspect of a duel and will therefore lose the duel: he lost sight of his opponent because he was better on this shot that’s all. That’s why I think it’s more interesting the 1st person

• @himaking10 Indefinitely! If you compare two competitive level players, one who plays 1st person and the other who plays 3rd person. The most interesting clips will be found in the 1st person perspective. (Totally not saying you should check out my clips xD)

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 Yes i have seen most of your clips on youtube if you talk about this :)

• @himaking10 Nice! Every clip goes great with music… maybe not 3rd person clips :D

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 yeah nice job thank you for representing the xbox one community on youtube there are not enough you re a true chivalry lover ^^

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 yeah nice job thank you for representing the xbox one community on youtube there are not enough you re a true chivalry lover ^^

I try my best. I’m just doing what I love <3

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 I think we both know where I stand on this subject. However in my case, as a spearman, I HAVE to have good accuracy to be able to pinpoint poke heads witgh my tiny hit box spearhead. In third person it a lot harder, for me at least, to aim it at that tiny target and hit it consistently. I’m just better myself in first person. I would love to have the awareness that 3rd gives you, but that’s why when playing 1st you need to have good spacial awareness.

• @SerSkellyman said in 1st P vs 3rd P:

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 I think we both know where I stand on this subject. However in my case, as a spearman, I HAVE to have good accuracy to be able to pinpoint poke heads witgh my tiny hit box spearhead. In third person it a lot harder, for me at least, to aim it at that tiny target and hit it consistently. I’m just better myself in first person. I would love to have the awareness that 3rd gives you, but that’s why when playing 1st you need to have good spacial awareness.

Indeed! 3rd person players would have more difficulty playing with a brandistock or spear than they would with a Zweihander, greatsword, etc… if only we could change our FoV ;-;

• Banned

@C4KE-from-SP4C3 I find it easty playing with any weapon in 3rd especially a brandistock the only weapon I main 1st with is the SoW for accurate feint stabs

• @Bennie Ah… well you’ve been playing 3rd for many months and are comfortable with it. I find 1st person Brandistock and spear easier… so :P

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 i disagree on the music part xD

• @theONEnONLYnado Well… it depends on the music ;D

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3 yeah…we already had this discussion i think…i think it was on new years thingy and i was reaaaaaly drunk…never heard good music on your channel…sry…love you tho…can’t find the symbols to make the heart right now but it’s there…bye

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.