Chivalry News Room (CNR) Issue #3

• Your source for clan news, salt, and douchebaggery.

News for 1/15/17: New format, new news, and an interview with @C4KE and @AK

GIT GUD GATELO GITS OUT

0_1484524297654_CNR.png

He’s out, and a bit annoyed at the fact that he got banned over a screenshot and the arguement that followed. Straight from his keyboard, Gatelo offers his opinion of the ban:

@GeneralGatelo said in Genesis Official Clan Thread:

@Reithur said in Genesis Official Clan Thread:

@GeneralGatelo since you seem confused about the situation, let me clarify; you were given a temporary ban for inciting another argument. You have received warnings about this in the past.

As I said, I will be updating the rules to include scoreboard and chatlog screenshots within the next few days so that we can hopefully avoid future arguments started with a screenshot.

I am perfectly cognitive of the situation. However your logic that I started the argument is invalid. Epic was the first to comment negatively towards me. @Hoplite-x-Viz can confirm if you read his news reports.

I wasn’t banned for inciting the arguments, in your mind you simply depicted me as the sole purpose of controversy because I posted one screenshot. Did you forget to scroll up to epics post saying I make excuses?

I’ve seen my fair share of administrative abuse however this is the first one where the administrator in question lacked anything to say on his part to further justify his actions. I mean first you say I was banned for posting that ss and that you are going to change the rules. And now you say I incited an argument when in reality I merely posted an SS and got banned for following the rules and attempting to substantiate my position and back it by facts.

Don’t change the rules, screenshots are needed to confirm. Newage beat fade 4 times and fake atom beat them too and if we are disallowed to post proof of that evidence just because it would cause salt for fade clan members then the forum would become obsolete. Just admit that you’re in the wrong mane. It takes a lot of courage to admit a mistake. Everyone on the forums knows that the ban was out of nowhere. Other people get banned for not following the rules. I get banned and you say oh I’ll change the rules to justify why I banned you.
    No more screenshots of the game that this forum is for because some people get mad?

You literally keep saying the same thing over and over as if it justifies my ban and it’s hilarious for that’s the definition of insanity.

Regardless of what you say Reithur. Everyone on the forums knows that you abused your administrative powers to ban me under ‘inciting’ when I didn’t throw the first shot and I merely responded with a SS as the forum rules state you must only post factual evidence. But the worse part I’d the fact that you try and justify it by changing the rules 10 days later. Logic is beyond me.

THE END OF SCREENSHOTS???

0_1484525334558_upload-1f0019e1-0818-4278-bca0-038a0846ea5f

Following the Gatelo ban, Reithur explains the ban and states that there will be an update pertaining screenshots (scoreboard screenshots and screenshots in general):

@Reithur said in Genesis Official Clan Thread:

As I said, I will be updating the rules to include scoreboard and chatlog screenshots within the next few days so that we can hopefully avoid future arguments started with a screenshot.

I reached out for the admin to specify but I haven’t heard back.

FEUD IN THE EU

0_1484526060976_upload-f682c367-6562-49bc-b23e-dae00f197bf5

@himaking10 posted a topic about Bennie, and he sounds pissed:

@himaking10 said in FAKE BENNIE:

As you all know , Jack Bennie (IJackie, Ser Bennie… He doesn t know he s own identity ) is a fckg arrogant children . I beat him 2-0 in a duel and he loose-left ( clip on chivalry Ffa club ) . He send me 100 messages and 100 invitations when i say him he ll expose about this . In 200th message , invitation i send him “Shut up” 2 times because that was harrassment and this morning I AM BANNED . Thank you bennie ! Fake leader i like when the true face are showed ! Then KotS will never fight plebs because it lead by false arrogant and angry children ! ( i know he can t left in war but he is so arrogant because Harold trash KotS he never been a good warrior in this war )Others of plebs are not like him it s only for this litlle sh*t !!! To conclude i want to say to your ego ( because i m banned i can t tell you all i want ) you re fucking bad 3rd p players who abuse about extremity hit (right and left ) thanks to the 3rd p. A runner , feint , combo feint , he has all the thing of a shame player !! That it s i m feeling good now i say the true about you 😍 ( and more i want to say he loves me , evey day he hit me at back without reson, he also send me often message to say me he “wrecked me” , he"just want to wrecking me " , it s really Love … 😍 sorry plebs you are lead by a fake leader, a child, arrogant , maximum ego. How do you do to support him??

This was posted 12 hours ago, and there hasn’t been a response from Bennie. Stay tuned for more salt over the next week.

PLEBS BEAT FADE; FADE DEALT THEIR FIRST OFFICIAL “L”

0_1484526959582_upload-8329a10f-ac01-490a-acae-ccd9c337b960

BTW there has been word on that clan war between the Plebs and Fade. Looks like the poll was accurate, The Plebs gave Fade their first loss:

@Bennie said in Fade Official Clan Thread:

Fade is currently 0 - 1 after being defeated by Plebs whilst swapping out players for Mercs, GG better luck next time

XCCC INTERVIEW

0_1484527252430_upload-9b0c2bae-2c90-4daf-bf67-8d9fffe9e31f

Now for some not-so-salty news. I recently interviewed two representatives of the XCCC, AK and C4KE:

Me: What is the overall goal of the XCCC?

AK: “The overall goal of the XCCC is to keep the competitive community alive. Recently there have been many competitive teams disbanding and not reforming or people just leaving because they lose interest. We want to stop this from happening or at the very least slow down the loss of player in the community”

Me: Do you think it will work?

C4KE: “Of course we do. We have high amounts of faith and confidence that our plan will truly help the community.”

Me: There are some individuals–including clan leaders who don’t believe a third party should regulate clans and want to do things their way. What is your response to this kind of criticism?

C4KE: “We are not forcing them to do anything they do not want to do. The final decisions will always be down to the clan leaders since they are the ones in charge of their clan/team. We have worked hard to organise rules and tournaments. If they do not want any part of it then that is their choice. We’re the overseers of the community and want to make it a better place.”

Me: How much does the XCCC influence decision making in clans such as sydicate?

AK: “Can you explain that? Just for me, I’m not entirely sure what you mean.”

Me: Does it effect decisions that you make as a clan leader?

AK: “No, I keep both entirely separate.”

Me: Is the XCCC still organizing a tourney?

AK: “Yes, we plan to host a 6v6 tournament in June for the top 4 teams and we will most likely do more tournaments.We may have other tournaments planned, not just the championship so stay tuned for them.”

Me: Ok cool. Is this just for competitive players or can casual players enter too?

AK: “That’s where the other tournaments come in. Not wanting to alienate players who don’t mainly play competitively, we will most likely have other events in the works.”

Me: How many players are on board with the XCCC in your estimation?

AK: “One sec… I will try to get a rough estimate.”

C4KE: “7”

AK: “Currently 7 committee members. 4 different teams currently signed up with about 50 comp players total”

Me: Ok cool. Thanks guys.

C4KE: “Not a problem. Glad to be of service.”

AK: “Yep, thanks viz!”

More news next Sunday.

• @Hoplite-x-Viz Beautifully done! I love the bottom bar with headlines in them.

• @Knight-Kauser said in Chivalry News Room (CNR) Issue #3:

@Hoplite-x-Viz Beautifully done! I love the bottom bar with headlines in them.

If I have the energy next week ill do a weather forecast; lots of lag with a chance of ragequitting in NA

• @Hoplite-x-Viz said in Chivalry News Room (CNR) Issue #3:

@Knight-Kauser said in Chivalry News Room (CNR) Issue #3:

@Hoplite-x-Viz Beautifully done! I love the bottom bar with headlines in them.

If I have the energy next week ill do a weather forecast; lots of lag with a chance of ragequitting in NA

Will there be a poll next week? I really like looking at those.

Still want to see the voice acting poll :)

• @Knight-Kauser I might if there isn’t a whole bunch to report next time around.

• I really hope reithur doesn’t remove screenshots. Maybe just 1v1 screenshots and chat messages would suffice but clans need to be able to post them in case any controversy happens.

Reithur you don’t have to justify banning me by changing the rules to disallow screenshots mane. I’m not gonna be the reason the forums become obsolete.

Maybe change it to ‘gatelo can’t post screenshots because he’s black.’ :P Huehuehue nah but in all seriousness I see screenshots as a necessary evil. Pls dnt remove cuz gatelo declared racism. It was satire. But I still claim that it was a stretch of power to ban via nonexistent rule.
    Krupt devs r krupt, n Abuse powars

• @Hoplite-x-Viz lol the news of chiv nice job

• @himaking10 Thanks ^^

• @GeneralGatelo said in Chivalry News Room (CNR) Issue #3:

I really hope reithur doesn’t remove screenshots. Maybe just 1v1 screenshots and chat messages would suffice but clans need to be able to post them in case any controversy happens.

Reithur you don’t have to justify banning me by changing the rules to disallow screenshots mane. I’m not gonna be the reason the forums become obsolete.

Maybe change it to ‘gatelo can’t post screenshots because he’s black.’ :P Huehuehue nah but in all seriousness I see screenshots as a necessary evil. Pls dnt remove cuz gatelo declared racism. It was satire. But I still claim that it was a stretch of power to ban via nonexistent rule.
    Krupt devs r krupt, n Abuse powars

I think context will play in heavily when it come to screenshot regulation.

I think if somebody creates a topic with a screenshot with the sole purpose of trying to piss somebody off or say “get rekt”, then I think that might be cause for an admin to use a ban or lock.

If somebody is using a screenshot to defend themselves from slander, then I think we might have some leeway.

• As someone who doesn’t get the time to read through a lot of the posts on here, this is awesome mate. Nice one!

• Global Moderator

@Reithur said in Official Forum Rules:

III. Moderation Policy
    C. Although we cannot review every message posted, and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to edit or delete any message for any reason. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold The Torn Banner Forums LLC harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Screenshots or transcripts of chatlogs from external or private messaging services (such as Skype, Facebook, XBL/PS4, etc.) containing restricted language or content will be treated as though they were posted directly by the forum member who made the post. This includes content from this forum’s private messages and/or group chats.
    Do not post on behalf of another forum member or player; any forum member playing as a “messenger” while posting prohibited content will be treated as the owner of that post.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.