Free J4KEY 2017

• Banned

I am petitioning to unban Bennie. Although he did say some rather questionable things, it was all in defense of himself after @himaking10 posted a thread slandering him. In this tread he also posted screenshots that were clearly intended to cause an argument. Banning J4KEY was unfair, had himaking been banned directly after he broke forum rules in posting a thread to slander another player none of the posts that followed would have ever occurred. Just my 2 cents, good day.

• Let’s be real, he called him a retard and a cunt and was banned but the one who incited the argument and whos post singled out someone wasn’t. The forum rules state you cannot do that.

And yet Bennie was antagonized and banned. He’s not completely innocent for he called him a plethora of derogatory words but himaking broke rules as well.

#FreeJakey2017 is something I concur with because why is himaking unbanned? (Ps I don’t even like Bennie but I can vouch for unjust decisions when I see them regardless of the persons in question.)

Himaking posted a screenshot @Reithur why wasn’t he banned… he also singled out someone in his post and spoke to him in a derogatory way, pretty inciting. These administrative bans are is biased af.

Does torn banner put names in a pot and randomly ban people depending on who they pick out with their eyes closed?

• Banned

@GeneralGatelo lol I was literally reading that when u made the edit

• @GeneralGatelo to clarify once again, you were not banned for posting a screenshot. You were temporarily banned for inciting and propagating arguments. In your case, a screenshot is often involved, though it has a great deal to do with the manner in which you reply to those who make comments on your screenshots.
    Repeatedly spamming me with @ mentions will not change this situation.

• Didn’t realize we lived in a society where calling someone vulgar names and making stereotypical comments on someone’s nationality was on the same page as posting a thread showing jakes true colors. Started the argument? Yes it did. Was also first offense. Jake got a warning from @Roag to stop. He didn’t. Keep him banned. Ridiculous

• Banned

@Reithur can you at the very least explain why Bennie was banned but himaking wasn’t?

• @epickillmaster I wasn’t involved in that. I keep reminding you all that there are other moderators around but nobody seems to remember that.
    I believe @Roag issued some warnings for this particular issue.

• Banned

@Roag ?? ^^^

• @epickillmaster Well I just got a new story for CNR #4 lol.

• @Reithur yah but that doesn’t make sense because how can you say that was inciting when I didn’t throw the first shot. Look at the fake Bennie post did Bennie incite as well to get banned because it looks like someone incited him and didn’t get banned.

Everyone’s confused on the fact that the moderators can pick and choose who they ban instead of banning those who actually break the rules.

I’ve made statements about me being banned for an ss and me being banned for inciting alike. It was hardly inciting because I didn’t throw the first shot. This is literally the exact same scenario as the one that got me banned but the parties banned differ.

• @Reithur said in Free J4KEY 2017:

@epickillmaster I wasn’t involved in that. I keep reminding you all that there are other moderators around but nobody seems to remember that.
    I believe @Roag issued some warnings for this particular issue.

I did post @Mods since we usually use @Reithur for every situation. I wanted the situation to be resolved quickly and not waste any of your time Reithur, but I guess you were roped into it :/

• Global Moderator

Seriously guys, what is the issue here?

Let’s try and look at this rationally - I clearly said it was ok to continue the discussion as long as it was done so in a proper manner, Bennie started cussing and swearing again soon after my clear warning and was punished with a 3 day ban.

Petitioning the ban won’t achieve anything, he’s staying banned until it’s expired - play stupid games win stupid prizes.

• Everyone needs to remember that Himaking only posted his complaints about Bennie, as is he allowed to since freedom of speech. He did not insult Bennie, nor “shittalked” him. @Roag is not to blame here. Bennie was at fault for reacting in the manner he did.

If Bennie had clearly kept the discussion in a proper manner, as Roag said they should have then Bennie would not have been temporarily banned. This forum is for civil conversations, not salt.

• @Roag makes sense. It’s his own fault for not backing off when you said so. And public threads aren’t the place to dispute bans.

• @C4KE-from-SP4C3
    Just pointing out, there is no freedom of speech on a privately owned forum. They can censor/delete whatever they want. They don’t typically, but they hold absolute power.

• @Naleaus We have the right to post what we choose, but there are consequences to what we post. :P

• This post is deleted!

• @Naleaus so because in nazi Germany they had no rights it was okay for the German secret police to act in the malicious and biased manner they showed during the genocide of the Jewish people.

• @GeneralGatelo
    Right or wrong has no part of it. You can choose to use the forums with the understanding that they have full control and power. Don’t like it? You’re free to post elsewhere. The people placed into concentration camps in Germany typically didn’t have a chance to leave beforehand.

I’ve been telling people complaining about mods this awhile. It’s why PC players post on Reddit instead. They wanted dank memes, they weren’t allowed here, they left. (More complicated than that but you get the idea.)

• @Naleaus said in Free J4KEY 2017:

@GeneralGatelo
    Right or wrong has no part of it. You can choose to use the forums with the understanding that they have full control and power. Don’t like it? You’re free to post elsewhere. The people placed into concentration camps in Germany typically didn’t have a chance to leave beforehand.

I’ve been telling people complaining about mods this awhile. It’s why PC players post on Reddit instead. They wanted dank memes, they weren’t allowed here, they left. (More complicated than that but you get the idea.)

They are not in a position to tell us to leave if we don’t like it because we weren’t the ones who made the Console forums they are we just choose to use them and at the same time we fuel them, look anywhere else on this website u wont find another place with more people posting.

Think about it this way
    They may own the house but we pay the bills

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.