Are your unlocks stored locally?

• Because I deleted my Chivalry folder in My Documents to test something, and it appears it is because I lost all my unlocks. This really seems like the sort of thing that should be stored on the cloud, because I, like many others may hop around from laptop to computer when playing this etc etc.

• @venomblade:

Because I deleted my Chivalry folder in My Documents to test something, and it appears it is because I lost all my unlocks. This really seems like the sort of thing that should be stored on the cloud, because I, like many others may hop around from laptop to computer when playing this etc etc.

Well, Call of Duty players seem fine with it, so why not Chivalry? lol

I agree, but Steam Cloud does sync these files, at least for me.

• I didn’t know this game used Steam Cloud; certainly, I have no cloud icon next to the game, like others.

I do get nervous with this game and the unlock problems it has - I have all the weapons now and if I lost 'em all I’d just give up, I feel.

• There is a file called UDKStats in your My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config folder that keeps track of stats it seems. I’ve tried editing it but it stays the same if you keep your iniversion number the same, if you change it your stats reset to 0 FOREVER and you can’t unlock anything. Found this out the hard way, any help?

• @NeoRussia:

There is a file called UDKStats in your My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config folder that keeps track of stats it seems. I’ve tried editing it but it stays the same if you keep your iniversion number the same, if you change it your stats reset to 0 FOREVER and you can’t unlock anything. Found this out the hard way, any help?

tl;dr

tried to cheat and now he broke his game

• These stats are stored in the Steam backend, I know that for a fact because I checked myself. Try deleting that file, restarting steam and doing a verify game cache (just to be on the safe side) and then re-run the game. If deleting these folders is completely resetting things, maybe there is some sort of syncing issue going on for some people.

• I deleted my whole config folder, the game auto-generates it with all CacheAllExpValues set to 0 every time I launch the game and I still can’t gain xp. It looks like it can’t resync after a reset. I did try the bresetstats command which yea, fixed the sync, but my rank is sent back to 0.

• I didn’t know unlocks saved locally. I guess we will be seeing people with rank lvl 99999999999999999999999 in a few days. Anyways, as everyone seems to be losing their unlocks I’m going to go ahead and create a backup for that file, and then just copy paste it if my stuff gets reset.

• backup isn’t going to help, they have to sync with the server. The local file is in plain xp = numbers that you can edit yourself. Out of all the good weapon unlock systems it really worries me why the most mediocre of them all was chosen. Time constraints maybe? Nothing that can’t be fixed in a future patch.

• I do hope it gets fixed (or perhaps I should say “upgraded”) and stored online ASAP; I’d hate for my computer do die and then wham, just lose all my unlocked weapons and the rank.