CMW Lag Spike Help

• Okay so I have been playing chiv for a good year or so and iv’e stopped playing it the past few months because of how bad it was to play. Every 4 seconds or so I would just lag out, people would just walk forward into walls, or backwards. Basically the game would just die. So iv’e been trying to fix it over the past few days but nothing has worked so far.
    Iv’e tried. Turning off windows firewall, turning game settings down, closing all other tabs, turning off and uninstalling anti malware programs. And quiet a lot of other things that I can’t remember. Any ideas on how to help would be appreciated.

• Sounds like internet. Are you sure it’s an FPS drop?

• Developer

@WhaleMan I wrote a Lag and FPS guide to help with performance issues. Can you please review it and see if anything there helps?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398407116

• @Reithur. Yea I looked over that just now. I use wireless and I have attempted many other techniques to better it. I think I will either get a network cable or get a new wireless dongle. Thanks for the help.

• Developer

@WhaleMan You can get powerline ethernet adapters to avoid using wifi if one ethernet cable is not an option for you.

• Banned

@WhaleMan said in CMW Lag Spike Help:

Okay so I have been playing chiv for a good year or so and iv’e stopped playing it the past few months because of how bad it was to play. Every 4 seconds or so I would just lag out, people would just walk forward into walls, or backwards. Basically the game would just die. So iv’e been trying to fix it over the past few days but nothing has worked so far.
    Iv’e tried. Turning off windows firewall, turning game settings down, closing all other tabs, turning off and uninstalling anti malware programs. And quiet a lot of other things that I can’t remember. Any ideas on how to help would be appreciated.

Welcome to console life…

• @Reithur Yea I’ve thought of maybe getting a new wireless dongle because my Connection was fine until 3 months ago or so. I’m thinking maybe its outdated or just dying. The Ethernet adapter is a good idea, but I’m not looking to spend a lot. I’m hoping getting a new wireless dongle will fix it, if not I know my other options.

• I use pc. @epickillmaster

• Developer

@WhaleMan anything you can do to reduce your packetloss would be an improvement and playing on Wifi tends to generate a lot of packetloss.

• So I have been fiddling for a few days and decided to hop on Chiv.
    And its amazing. No lag at all, no jittering or anything. Not sure if its a one off or not. Getting some new stuff this weekend anyway so I’m just hoping it stays this way. Might be because I changed some settings for my adapter and rebooting it. That’s what I’m thinking

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.