Beat spear user in Chiv?

• Brandistock for that stabby feelz.

• @AST-I-Theseus I used to be a pure Brandistock user back on the 360. It’s a great weapon because it can pull off a two shot knight kill with good enough aim. It can also easily two shot every other class. However the spear is faster and has greater range. This means that unless the enemy is all knights the Spear is your better choice as it can still two shot everything except the knight and can still 3 shot a knight. In a 1v1 the Spear SHOULD always win over the stock as well. It’s all about personal choice though, this is simply my opinion.

• @SerSkellyman so you’re saying the spear will win because it has speed and range over the brandi, however the long sword and Sow don’t always win against the Messer simply for those reasons. Your logic is flawed guy.

It’s not about the weapon it’s about out playing your opponent with whatever situation you are placed in. You can rb stab trade a spear user with your brandi stock and slash into him to kill him while he has to stab. So if you turncap and dodge his stab whilst attacking he’ll lose.

If they try and rt in you can get the trade in by moving to his right side, moving left.

I guess on EU where everyone plays the same way spear beats brandi because you guys take turns with your attacks, hardly ever move, etc. But in reality claiming the spear is outclassed by the brandi false.

No other weapon in Chivarly besides the maul can one shot Archer MAA and Vanguard. The brandi can if you do the lunge attack with accuracy.

Edit: IMO the spear does take more skill though.

• @GeneralGatelo said in Beat spear user in Chiv?:

@SerSkellyman so you’re saying the spear will win because it has speed and range over the brandi, however the long sword and Sow don’t always win against the Messer simply for those reasons. Your logic is flawed guy.

It’s not about the weapon it’s about out playing your opponent with whatever situation you are placed in. You can rb stab trade a spear user with your brandi stock and slash into him to kill him while he has to stab. So if you turncap and dodge his stab whilst attacking he’ll lose.

If they try and rt in you can get the trade in by moving to his right side, moving left.

I guess on EU where everyone plays the same way spear beats brandi because you guys take turns with your attacks, hardly ever move, etc. But in reality claiming the spear is outclassed by the brandi false.

No other weapon in Chivarly besides the maul can one shot Archer MAA and Vanguard. The brandi can if you do the lunge attack with accuracy.

Edit: IMO the spear does take more skill though.

What Gatelo’s saying in a TL;DR version: Trust not in thy weapon to chaperon thee to thine triumph, for this presumptious rumination will chief thee to getting rekt. Trust in thy git gud righteousness.

• @GeneralGatelo As I stated, this is MY opinion. I honestly believe the spear is the better choice in most ways. As for a stock fighting a spear the spear SHOULD win. Both the spear user and the Stock user have the ability to two shot the other. The spear has the speed and range to control the pace of the fight, and as the brandistocks power advantage is somewhat lost in this fight it comes down do speed and range control. The one thing the Stock DOES have is a powerful RT, the spear slap is more about stun and distancing than it is about damage. Also, once you do that first trade I now know the entirety of what you can do next and thr stocks slow speed enables me to read and react accordingly. You might hit with it, but as others have found out against me, that maneuver is USUALLY predictable.

Edit: Also, again you keep saying EU for me. I play on my home server of East usually.

• @Hoplite-x-Viz He’s defending his point of view and it’s understandable. The reason I can say spear>stock for myself at least is because I don’t tend to underestimate weapons. As long as you are patient and don’t try to just power through, you have the tools to control the stock.

• @SerSkellyman I will say that brandi users tend to gamble more because of the high damage.

• In my opinion:

Brandistock is better for smaller games like 2vs2’s where damage against your opponent is needed to help out your buddy.

Spear is more efficient in 5vs5 or 6vs6; you can take hang back more flinching the enemy for your team to kill them. (Not mentioning increased range!)

As for duels… I’d have to go with the spear due to extra range, whilst being quicker than the Brandistock. Mostly boils down to personal preference and playstyle.

I prefer a Zwei over a spear.

• @MaHarold Zwei, for those who think regular spears are boring. XD

• Top spears (not in a particular order)

Ventral
    Skelly
    Homura
    Addy (haven’t seen him play recently though)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.