Pathetic Release

• Definitely doesn’t do your company good with this pathetic excuse of a release with as many bugs as an alpha version.

Crashes, failing to see server list without downloading a file or opting for steam beta, and finally stat/unlock wipe AND no unlock progression can be done after that?

Amusing you can even release this piece of garbage despite having a good concept. If I haven’t bought it off steam I would have chargebacked.

Torn Banner rofl. Torn game with torn principals in pushing out an unfinished game.

• Welcome :)

• Sadly, I sort of agree with this. I do feel it’s unfinished, but I don’t really care. It’s still a really fun game and they’ll eventually fix stuff.

• Judging by your username and the thread title you cant be taken seriously.Learn some manners and then come back with your critics/suggestion if you want the others to consider your opinion.

• What pisses me off is that I encountered the crashing bug and deleted my documents Chivalry folder, resetted all my stats and Steam could not sync.

All unlocks are locked and cannot be progressed after that. Crucial shit like that can be missed? Wow. Worst than amateurs. Also little grammatical mistakes like ‘1 minutes left’. Really? Do you even need help with coding now?

if(time<=2)
    {
    dialogbox.blabla(time+" minutes left")
    }
    else
    {
    dialogbox.blabla(time+" minute left")
    }

That’s being sarcastic, such a minor and easy issue but obviously the team doesn’t care enough about polish and professionalism as the game is riddled with alot more errors like this.

• @Royraiden:

Judging by your username and the thread title you cant be taken seriously.Learn some manners and then come back with your critics/suggestion if you want the others to consider your opinion.

You definitely lack the intellectual capacity or know anything about consumer rights as an adult. Fuck off back to school child. This isn’t a critic or suggestion thread either. It’s a complaint.

My username indicates I’m angered by something, and that is this sad excuse for a release. Just crawl along back to your mother about manners.

• I see a trend where people who have no issues buying games unfinished are telling the people whom expect completely finished products on release that they are somehow “wrong”. I purchased this game with the intention on playing it when it didn’t have incredibly blaring issues and bugs. They’ve also had PLENTY of time to fix these pretty obvious issues with their closed beta. I’m not sure why they never had an open beta, maybe because it was rushed?

I purchased the game because I knew about it a while ago and the videos looked amazing, plus some friends were insisting I purchase it with them. The graphics are good and the melee combat system is nice. What I don’t understand is why the list stops there. Archers feel like they were a last minute addition. The balance between classes is pretty horrid. Stamina is hardly of any practical concern. Speed differences between classes aren’t very different at all. All this just make me completely forget any good aspect this game brings to the table. It doesn’t help to remember as well that it’s really just a mod for UDK, and not actually a whole complete “game” :| .

• You guys sure got a lot of complaints. But they way you are presenting them is not helpful.

• Wait what? I’ve played for over 22 hours now and I have not encountered a single bug , I feel sorry for you dude.

• Its the best medieval game iv ever played. Does it still need some work? yes

Why get pissed when we can play it now and they will patch it. Otherwise you would just be waiting without a game.

• @Leader2light:

Its the best medieval game iv ever played. Does it still need some work? yes

Why get pissed when we can play it now and they will patch it. Otherwise you would just be waiting without a game.

Sure, other bugs I could live with. But if you read my post, my unlocks were all resetted, are unrecoverable and I cannot progress them again until they next patch it. That’s unacceptable and is a GAME BREAKER <– I can’t play because I am only limited to all the starter weapons which I do not enjoy.

• @PizzedOff:

@Leader2light:

Its the best medieval game iv ever played. Does it still need some work? yes

Sure, other bugs I could live with. But if you read my post, my unlocks were all resetted, are unrecoverable and I cannot progress them again until they next patch it. That’s unacceptable and is a GAME BREAKER <– I can’t play because I am only limited to all the starter weapons which I do not enjoy.

I’m still using the starter weapon because I find it more balanced.

• There’s definitely bugs, and yea, it doesn’t feel like it’s a flawless game but I really like it. It’s 25$…How can you honestly complain. If they give this game the care and support it needs then it will be an astonishing game, in it’s current state it is good but it can be even greater, easily.

• @PizzedOff:

@Royraiden:

Judging by your username and the thread title you cant be taken seriously.Learn some manners and then come back with your critics/suggestion if you want the others to consider your opinion.

You definitely lack the intellectual capacity or know anything about consumer rights as an adult. Fuck off back to school child. This isn’t a critic or suggestion thread either. It’s a complaint.

My username indicates I’m angered by something, and that is this sad excuse for a release. Just crawl along back to your mother about manners.

You talk about me being a kid yet you reply back talking about my mother? Oh the irony :) Listen, YOU are the one who’s got a problem and I am telling you that you wont get any sort of reaction from the devs coming in here like a spoiled kid demanding something and complaining in the worst possible way.Again it is an irony that you complain about something yet come here doing the exact opposite of what you should do to get some sort of positive reaction.There is a suggestion area on this forum, if you cannot post there like a normal member then you are simply wasting your time.Have fun with your “grown up” polite and mature rant :)

• Sorry but I’ll be waiting until I play this game anymore. Every time I play I just try and see what the developers were seeing in terms of a finished game and its just not happening to me. I won’t return it because it’s only 25$, but I highly doubt I’d suggest anyone to purchase another game from this studio. I forsee this game being 5.99$ or something during black friday.

• Firstly, I want to apologise to everyone having issues, they will be resolved in a hotfix soon and then you can return to unlocking your weapons hopefully without any further issues. Please remember Torn Banner Studios is a small indie group, with no access to mass QA like the studios with high profile publishers supporting them.

The language and personal attacks however, are totally not necessary and are not wanted on these forums. Criticism and pointing out bugs is totally welcome and appreciated, but this level of complaining is of no help or benefit whatsoever. The release has happened and the clock can’t be turned back just to fix these issues.

I’ll lock this topic purely because it’s sparking nothing but personal attacks, but everything has been noted. If you have any issues in particular you want to bring to my attention, you are welcome to PM me about it.